+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: No smartphone? Run the mobile app on your PC, completely free.

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

hey, so this is pretty cool. Thanks for helping to expose the app to a wider audience! I'll get this stickied, but I've also gotta hit it with some legal:

While we at Trion Worlds (“Trion”) are happy to see that the BlueStacks program enables users to run the RIFT Mobile App on PC's without the use of a smartphone, this program was not developed or tested by Trion, and the RIFT Mobile App was not designed to be run using this program. As a result, we cannot make, and expressly disclaim, any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with regards to the BlueStacks program. The program may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations, and it may cause the RIFT Mobile App not to function as designed, so use of the program is at your sole risk and Trion has no liability for such use.

Quote Originally Posted by kytsuri View Post
    hey, so this is pretty cool. Thanks for helping to expose the app to a wider audience! I'll get this stickied, but I've also gotta hit it with some legal:

While we at Trion Worlds (“Trion”) are happy to see that the BlueStacks program enables users to run the RIFT Mobile App on PC's without the use of a smartphone, this program was not developed or tested by Trion, and the RIFT Mobile App was not designed to be run using this program. As a result, we cannot make, and expressly disclaim, any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with regards to the BlueStacks program. The program may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations, and it may cause the RIFT Mobile App not to function as designed, so use of the program is at your sole risk and Trion has no liability for such use.
    YEEEAAAA!!! I even asked about a pc version yesterday on the Rift AMAA. Glad to see this is out and exists, but I would dearly love it if Trion made a version and put it on their website.

Thanks tons to the OP who posted this!! And to the other poster who did a vid for youtube - I'll be installing on my home pc tonite
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Wow, I really like this idea, so you can use all these apps without spending freakin $70 or $80 a month or spending over $100 and $45 a month in the case of prepaid. I bet the cell phone companies are going to try to shut this thing down though

Soulwalker

You can actually run it on an Android SDK VM, much easier and more useful.
    Last edited by Fearg; 07-28-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearg View Post
    You can actually run it on an Android SDK VM, much easier and more useful.
    When I did this, it didn't support lootables. Have you got lootables to work on it?
    <Unity> - 4/4 FT, 2/5 EE, 4/4 TDQ
    Howto: Run RIFT Mobile on your PC

yea works mint, ive been using it for a while now without any hassles at all
    did have a minor installing RM at first but once it went in its been sweet as
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 07-30-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    who took my names!

This is so awesome, thanks for the info. Sadly I can't use it since my pw has a character in it that android doesn't support, or at least it's not on the keyboard that all.

That and I keep seeing a authentication error come up every time I start bluestacks.

I don't get the video stuttering problem on the lootables section other people talk about, I have a very powerful computer, so that might have something to do with it. I actually run rift on 1080p with every graphical setting on the highest it can go (higher than ultra).

I must thank the owner of this thread for well, this thread it has allowed me to communicate with my respective guilds again after a long period of being cut off due to a technical issue.

So once again, THX!
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.

Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by dcrago View Post
    This is so awesome, thanks for the info. Sadly I can't use it since my pw has a character in it that android doesn't support, or at least it's not on the keyboard that all.

That and I keep seeing a authentication error come up every time I start bluestacks.
    Change your PW ? :P

Anyway, thanks to the OP <3
    Visit my Rift Gameplay Blog

Thanks so much, this is lovely!
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Soulwalker

Default Not receiving Correct Stuff From Scratchoffs

I use The Android Beta on my Galaxy Tab2. Instead of getting the 49, 59, or 69 planarites i win, i usually get, 4, 5, 6, respectively in my mail. Also twice now I've won Vile Shards, and never even received them in the mail. Won 159 shards on a scratchoff yesterday, and got 15 in the mail. Its fun, but it would be nice to really get what you win.

Been trying this out the past week or so... Neat app... but i have to say its somewhat poorly designed in terms of its "user friendliness". Also.. in terms of the RIFT mobile app... in partnership with this app it seems to either disconnect or cut out at times causing large guild lag delays or periods where you will miss entire sections of chat. The only way ive found to fix it is to shut down the entire app and then restart the app.. and the RIFT mobile app... effectively refreshing the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkynymphe View Post
    I use The Android Beta on my Galaxy Tab2. Instead of getting the 49, 59, or 69 planarites i win, i usually get, 4, 5, 6, respectively in my mail. Also twice now I've won Vile Shards, and never even received them in the mail. Won 159 shards on a scratchoff yesterday, and got 15 in the mail. Its fun, but it would be nice to really get what you win.
    The 4, 5, 6 you see in your chat log are the bonus currency you get because of your guild perk (you get a percentage of your earned currency as a bonus). The base amount you won is not shown in your chat log but it's credited to you when you take it from the mail. Check your currency tab and see the difference.

As for the "vile shards", which i assume are the Vile Sourcestones (http://rift.zam.com/en/item/D0BBC5AE...le-Sourcestone), i find it hard to believe that you won 159 in a single day. While mathematically possible (you can get a maximum of 9 from 1 "card" and you get 29 tries in 24 hours), looking at the usual win- and droprate it's highly unlikely. The 15 you received in the mail is more in line with the usual - very positive - results.

Of course, it's very possible that lower grade sourcestone drop more often and in larger quantities (i only get ISS) so it's not possible to rule out the 159.

So far if i didn't receive some of my drops immediately i always got them 1-2 days later tops. Those were server-side errors and consistent for everyone. Once the serve(s) got restored we got all our stuff at once.

This is amazing! Works amazing, a little slow at loading but that's fine. I'm so glad you found this
    Siiren@Deepwood

The bane of my existence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast