+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Update 1.0.12 is live for Android - Stability improvements

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Update 1.0.12 is live for Android - Stability improvements

Hey Android Users,

We know you guys have been suffering from poor stability recently and we've got a new update that we anticipate will solve a majority of issues people have been encountering. We went heads down to rework some of our setup in order to minimize the introduction of new errors with our other fixes.

We apologize for all the inconvenience and realize dealing with the app has been frustrating. Please download the update from the Android market and let us know how it works for you.

As always, please submit as much info as possible with your bugs, using this as a guide:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...pp-errors.html

Thanks!
    Last edited by kytsuri; 02-29-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Rift Chaser

I just got a Samsung Epic 2 from Sprint. Top of the line android at the moment from Sprint. Great phone.
    Earlier today, I installed RIFT Mobile. It was buggy. Guild chat text being slow to update, and 1/2 the time games were crashing. Lost 4+ loot game chances pretty quickly.

Later in the day, I noticed this update. Wasn't sure if I had it or not. Sure enough, I checked, and I did not have this update. So, I updated.
    Now - 0 problems. Games running perfectly 100% of the time. Guild chat fine, updating perfectly.

Great job.

Telaran

I had to "refresh" guild chat by going back to the character select screen a few times after I first installed. Then it started working fine. Overall its working great!
    Eminence of Gnarlwood
    www.eminence.dkpsystem.com

I'll be getting a brand new Samsung Infuse later today (which doesn't run on Gingerbread, but the original Android OS) and will report on functionality.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Champion of Telara

Running significantly more stable (like 1.0.6 levels of stable). Nicely done.

(Droid 4, Android 2.3.6, stock and rooted)
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Ascendant

so what about ios?? is it just me or does android get more attention then ios lately?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    so what about ios?? is it just me or does android get more attention then ios lately?
    Blame the idiotic updating process on your ecosystem. :P
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Well so far it has been working great on my Galaxy Nexus with 4.0.2. Everything is loading very fast and not a single crash.

Telaran

My god Jim, it works!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    Get used to it as Android continues to put the smack down on Apple....Hey, you guys have 4G yet?

Rift Disciple

The app still is freezing when I tried to load lootables section. It stays at connecting and I can't even back out after 1 min to character select to log off. I am forced to end application within my app pool.

I have a droid 3 phone.

I then uninstalled the version and tried to download a new copy from Amazon app market place. It states I have an old version and tries to redirect me to verizons app marketplace...EXCEPT I don't have it from my phones marketplace anymore. The app redirect is stupid...fix it for amazon users!

Edit note: the latest version you have on the amazon app store for droid 3 users is 1.0.7 WTG trion!!!
    Last edited by Crumdum; 03-01-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    11/11 HK 7/8 ID

Telaran

You cant use Android app store?

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Default Amazon store

The app is submitted to the Amazon store, but they have their own approval process (similar to Apple). So once the app has been approved by them, you should see it show up. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkual View Post
    You cant use Android app store?
    Not for the Kindle Fire, no. I have tried multiple times to get the app to install from the Android Market, but that does not seem to be an option for my Fire. And yes, I have it set to install apps from other sources... still no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by kytsuri View Post
    The app is submitted to the Amazon store, but they have their own approval process (similar to Apple). So once the app has been approved by them, you should see it show up. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for that.
    Bummer. Hopefully they will step it up, I miss using the app on my Kindle Fire, which runs it much faster and smoother than on my DroidX

Telaran

Still working much better! But I still have to "refresh" guild chat and tells quite often by going back to the character select screen, or even back to the home screen. I was also getting tells showing up two or three times on occasion.

Stability overall is definitely improved for me.
    Eminence of Gnarlwood
    www.eminence.dkpsystem.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast