+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trion - You Guys are Good, But Your Mobile App Blows

Default Trion - You Guys are Good, But Your Mobile App Blows

The Android version is not even what I would consider beta-quality software. Literally the app works probably 1 out of every 5-7 tries. It crashes frequently, locks up often, and the process needs to be killed every time. The most recent patch made it work far worse than before.

I gave up and uninstalled it the other day. The product quality is abysmal. It's surprising you'd let something associated with your brand name go out the door with such a low level of quality (even for a beta).

Diu

Agree, surely after making such a great game you could put a little bit more time on sorting the mobile app. Just put in some commercials in it to get the money together if needed, no one would mind.

Soulwalker

+1

And even if you made a mistake by releasing that horrible consumer experience, how the hell can it take so long to fix the dam app?

-Izostar

Telaran

The app does blow, but there is a separate section of the forum dedicated to telling them how much it blows.

Before the thread gets moved I'll chime in...

I notice that if I leave it open, it may or may not hang and crash. I also had an issue where mini games wouldn't load. I went to look for an update and sure enough there was a newer version of the app available and that fixed it.

I believe it's still in Beta status so there's an expectation of bugs.. I'm more than happy with it. It was nicer before they nerfed the mini games but it's still a nice tool to have.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Are you sure it's hanging? I notice that it takes a while to download guild chat and while it is doing that, it appears to hang. Once guild messages are synced then it will be fully functional. I also assume leaving it open will help too, this way it does not have to sync every time.

This was immediately apparent to me once I joined a larger guild and there was a decent amount of guild chatter.

Just my 2c.
    Last edited by Steelwind1; 02-28-2012 at 07:07 AM.

I agree the app needs work:

a) From log in it will be stuck on black load screen
    b) Error connecting to server
    c) Error if you switch to horizontal view mode while it is loading the lootable select page
    d) Lootable, when selected, will be a black load with only the "DONE" button functioning.
    e) The app has restarted its self after I force closed it.
    f) The app takes over 30Mb of memory
    Not Everything Is As It Seems

The only issue I have with the app is that guild chat will hang\lag for a while. Everything else is fine. Mind you I use an iOS device..

Keep in mind it's a beta, there are kinks to iron out, and I'm fairly certain if the developers invested more time in a freebie mobile app, there would be less in-game content, which would cause a tsunami of tears.

Not to mention you get free stuff in game.. Can't really complain at a few very minor flaws.

App is a battery hog, especially when it hangs. My experience with app is about the same as overbyte's

Android
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-28-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    T
    d I'm fairly certain if the developers invested more time in a freebie mobile app, there would be less in-game content, which would cause a tsunami of tears.
    s.
    you are fairly wrong. APP development has NOTHING to do with game development. I guess its not even done inhouse.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 02-28-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    you are fairly wrong. APP development has NOTHING to do with game development. I guess its not even done inhouse.
    Funny that you say that. For some reason I had this feeling that it was an app farmed out to India for development.

It's free...and works fine on the iPhone. Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by micklavier View Post
    It's free...and works fine on the iPhone. Give it time.
    It may be free, but it's not even worth that. The app is getting worse with each revision, not better. If it keeps this up, 2 weeks from now installing the app will set your phone on fire.

Did you even think to describe what sort of issues you were having on your specific device before posting this?

I'm guessing not. It really helps if you can post the specific device you're using and the specific issues you run into.

On my HTC Inspire/Desire HD I am having no issues what so ever. I'm running a custom Android 4.0 ROM though, so that may explain why it runs so well for me and not others.

If all else fails, on your device, you may be able to force close it from your running applications menu, and open it again.

Soulwalker

Default seriously people.......

its a f**king phone app for god sake....who cares

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast