+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trion - You Guys are Good, But Your Mobile App Blows

Its not really free, its there to generate interest and give the company free advertising and exposure in exchange for playing games. Its just like free samples from stores and drug dealers in a smaller sense. Now it does have the company logo attached too it. So here i am a possible new customer at android market and i have never played rift i looked at the horrible reviews of the app. Now this may make think if their app is this bad then there games could be as well. And don't say its not possible cause it totally is. Here is a good test we had in manageral sales classes. A person goes to a resturante and have a horrible experience and tells a average of 6-10 friends/co workers about this bad experience. If he has a good experience he might recommend the place to 2-6 friends/co workers. Word of mouth still holds alot of power.

Open beta is not a redesign or major bug phase thats what a closed or internal beta testing is for, its for tweaks and testing server loads.

It automatically shuts down after staying on the TRION logo for a few seconds.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    you are fairly wrong. APP development has NOTHING to do with game development. I guess its not even done inhouse.
    Actually I would not be surprised if this app were a side project for the game devs. Hartsman and co have experimented with many different platforms since leaving EQ2, including a goofy facebook app. I am not saying this is the case, just saying it would not be surprising at all.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

I'm going to rename mine "error connecting to server"

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Did you even think to describe what sort of issues you were having on your specific device before posting this?

I'm guessing not.
    You're patently incorrect. I've done far better than describe the issue. I've sent in the reports.

On my HTC Inspire/Desire HD I am having no issues what so ever. I'm running a custom Android 4.0 ROM though, so that may explain why it runs so well for me and not others.
    Good for you. A custom 4.0 ROM - I'm sure that's a sensible solution for the masses.

If all else fails, on your device, you may be able to force close it from your running applications menu, and open it again.
    No. I'm done screwing with this to get it to work. This is bad, even for beta software. The basic functionality should be reasonably stable (i.e. able to log in and access character screen) at the least before I'd consider it beta. Either that, or provide a known compatibility list.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte
    No. I'm done screwing with this to get it to work. This is bad, even for beta software. The basic functionality should be reasonably stable (i.e. able to log in and access character screen) at the least before I'd consider it beta. Either that, or provide a known compatibility list.
    This pretty much how I feel. I've sent in the reports I've been patient, and every patch it actually gets worse. I'll not reseting my phone everytime I want to use the app, ill just uninstall it.

Slapping the word beta on software does just give you a free pass. Trion is not some indie darling struggling to make a name for themselves. They should have done some actual QA and behaved like a professional software company and made sure the bare basics were at least working.

Yes it is free. Good thing too, because that's the only reason it hasn't been completely eviscerated by the public.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2