+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feb 18 Update - Even Worse Than Before

Telaran

Default Feb 18 Update - Even Worse Than Before

I saw a new update posted today and got a little excited thinking some improvements were made. But now the app is worse than before! Still have connectivity problems, but now when I finally do connect half of the scratchy icons arent even visible, redeem button doesnt show up either. It's pretty much useless now as far as the loot game goes.

I'm on Galaxy Nexus btw.

yeah android version is pretty much useless.

Telaran

I uninstalled it, it was just hogging my phone and keeps crashing. I've even had it crash when receiving a phone call.

Prophet of Telara

Have to agree here. The scratch cards themselves are now extremely messed up on my phone, and they'd been fine up until now. The constant force closes aren't going away and the app hangs all the time when trying to do anything. Leaving it running in the background is constantly interrupting the use of my phone with this. The app hanging, in particular, causes me to lose between a fifth and a sixth of all my Lootables credits.

Still with the HTC Sensation on HTC Sense 3.0, not rooted.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    Have to agree here. The scratch cards themselves are now extremely messed up on my phone, and they'd been fine up until now. The constant force closes aren't going away and the app hangs all the time when trying to do anything. Leaving it running in the background is constantly interrupting the use of my phone with this. The app hanging, in particular, causes me to lose between a fifth and a sixth of all my Lootables credits.

Still with the HTC Sensation on HTC Sense 3.0, not rooted.
    Getting pretty much the same experience, also on HTC Sensation. The graphics for the scratchcards are now often very glitchy. And it frequently crashes while running in the background, and nearly always when returning to the app after a period of not using it (it had been doing that all along anyway, but the latest version didn't in any way improve the crashing).
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Plane Touched

Same here. Force close now even happens while using the app (before only when waking from inactive screen), lootable screens are now often not fully loaded / displayed.
    Samsung Galaxy Mini, Android 2.2.1
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Typhiria

Shadowlander

I won 84 planarite, and 2 green artifacts in the early morning hours of Feb 23rd, and none of it was delivered via in-game mail.

Title/Subject: Loot not being delivered to in-game character

Carrier: Verizon
    Phone: Motorola Droid
    OS Version (Android, iPhone): Android - OS version 2.2.3
    3G, 4G or WiFi: 3G and WiFi
    Theme (Default or Pre-Installed, if custom, please supply name): Default
    Rooted or Jail Broke (Yes or No): No
    If Rooted or jail Broken what OS and version are you running: N/A
    Description of what was happening when the error occured: I was just scratching tickets as normal.
    Screen Shot if possible of error: N/A

I was having the issues similar to this after the update. I did a full uninstall and re-install, and have been completely fine since. Give it a shot if you haven't yet.

(Nexus S)
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Shadowlander

I've done a full un-install, reinstalled the newest version, and still nothing. I've won twice again since my initial wins, and am still getting nothing delivered in-game. Is the app always this way? I just started using it yesterday. I am using version 1.0.11 of the Rift mobile app.
    Last edited by Xylvara; 02-23-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Telaran

how awesome is it that there are apps out there with more functionality written by a single person in their spare time that are indescribably more stable than this app.

I decided to give it another try when I saw the new version. It didn't last a single day on my phone. No problems with the graphics but it crashes all the time and it absolutely sucks the life out of my battery. Today my battery was dead by 1:00 after it was fully charged this morning @ 7:00 and I didn't even use my phone. I uninstalled it again and I don't think it's going to get re-installed.

Samsung Captivate
    Android Gingerbread
    Vostof: Defiant Level 50 Cleric - Shatterbone
    Juaman: Defiant Level 50 Warrior - Shatterbone
    Crazyeyeskilla: Defiant Level 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Beerme: Guardian Level 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Kirery: Guardian Level 50 Warrior - Shatterbone

Default Things to know

Although you may have issues with the "Rift Mobile app", you should uninstall and re-install, because if an app updates its Database or anything impotent, That app will still read the old database but with a fresh install it clears that all up. "ITS AN ANDROID PROBLEM"

Not saying you wont have problems lol, i can log in np now and i don't get FC anymore. but sometimes it hangs and i have to end the process of the app.

Telaran

tried uninstalling and reinstalling... now it just uses lootables credits without even loading the cards...
    cool, good call on that android problem.

+ Reply to Thread