+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Moble BETA for Android is available!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default RIFT Mobile BETA for Android is available!

Trion is proud to announce that our Android version of RIFT Mobile is now in BETA and available to our players! We know the Android version has been eagerly anticipated, so thank you for your patience while we work to make the best experience possible.

What is RIFT Mobile?
    It gives you a way to chat with friends and guild members, view guild info, get notified of zone events, and even play a mini-game to win in-game loot. You can find it on the Android Marketplace by searching for “RIFT Mobile”.

For detailed info, visit the Android marketplace page here: https://market.android.com/details?i...lds.riftmobile

This is a BETA release of the app. We’re working hard to give you the best experience possible, and we anticipate there will be some kinks that need to be worked out. Since there are many different phone configurations out there, please make sure to post your phone type and OS version when submitting any issues. The more information you can provide us, the better we’ll be able to respond to issues during this BETA period!

Which Android devices are supported?
    The app will run on Android phones running OS version 2.2 and higher.

Unfortunately, Android tablets are not supported. In order to provide the best experience possible, we have our small team focused on providing a solid experience on the literally dozens of phones that run Android. If the app is a success and we see a large portion of users using Android tablets, we will evaluate support for them in the future.

Who can use it?
    For a limited time, RIFT Mobile is available to former RIFT subscribers! Even if you don’t have a current game subscription, you can use your RIFT login to access the app and utilize all of its features. Get back in touch with old friends!
    Current subscribers are, of course, supported as well =)

Are there differences between the iOS and Android apps?
    There are some visual changes to make each app more native feeling for its target OS, but the feature sets are identical. Android users, iOS users, and players in-game can all use chat together! Also, the snake is still crying.
    Last edited by kytsuri; 01-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kytsuri View Post
    Trion is proud to announce that our Android version of RIFT Mobile is now in BETA and available to our players! We know the Android version has been eagerly anticipated, so thank you for your patience while we work to make the best experience possible.

What is RIFT Mobile?
    It gives you a way to chat with friends and guild members, view guild info, get notified of zone events, and even play a mini-game to win in-game loot. You can find it on the Android Marketplace by searching for “RIFT Mobile”.

For detailed info, visit the Android marketplace page here: https://market.android.com/details?i...lds.riftmobile

This is a BETA release of the app. We’re working hard to give you the best experience possible, and we anticipate there will be some kinks that need to be worked out. Since there are many different phone configurations out there, please make sure to post your phone type and OS version when submitting any issues. The more information you can provide us, the better we’ll be able to respond to issues during this BETA period!

Unfortunately, Android tablets are not supported. In order to provide the best experience possible, we have our small team focused on providing a solid experience on the literally dozens of phones that run Android. If the app is a success and we see a large portion of users using Android tablets, we will evaluate support for them in the future.

Who can use it?
    For a limited time, RIFT Mobile is available to former RIFT subscribers! Even if you don’t have a current game subscription, you can use your RIFT login to access the app and utilize all of its features. Get back in touch with old friends!

There are some visual changes to make each app more native feeling for its target OS, but the feature sets are identical. Android users, iOS users, and players in-game can all use chat together! Also, the snake is still crying.

Known Issues:
    • We are receiving reports that the app is crashing on login for some phones. We will be looking into this as a top priority
    It seems that Android 2.3.5 and higher are the phones that are crashing. I have a Galaxy Nexus and its crashing on the start.

Also I would like to note that Google is pushing companies to follow their design standards for the new requirement of the Holo theme. You can see this information at the following link: http://developer.android.com/design/index.html
    Last edited by snwspeckle; 01-25-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Rqp

Glad to hear! Great job .

Note: you have forgotten "i" in "Mobile" at the header.

I have a HTC Desire HD running an Android 4.0.3 ROM and this is force closing as soon as I launch.

I'll revert back to gingerbread 2.3.4 and see if it works out any better.

REMEMBER ANDROID USERS: If you get a force close, click the report button. This sends diagnostics back.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 01-25-2012 at 07:10 AM.

I use a HTC Wildfire and the app crashes every time I try to i press "Play!" under "Lootables" :S
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

Is the guild chat supposed to refresh ? I noticed that chat dialog does not refresh until exiting out to the character select. Slightly annoying, questioning if this is intended.
    Addiction - Tank
    11/11 HK - 5/5 GS - 5/5 RoS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Gomba View Post
    Is the guild chat supposed to refresh ? I noticed that chat dialog does not refresh until exiting out to the character select. Slightly annoying, questioning if this is intended.
    That works with htc wildfire 2.2.1
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

Soulwalker

LIES AND SLANDER!!!!1

Just kidding, glad to see some progress.
    I can install the app on both Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.2) and a Droid 2 (Android 2.3.6) however on launch it immediately crashes with "Unfortunately, Rift Mobile has stopped."

I do not see the app listed on my Notion Ink Adam (Android 3.2.1), normally means a compatibility flag isn't working.

Soulwalker

I have download the app and it is working good so far.

The only things which "seems" buggy to me are the chat that isn't refreshing. I have to close down the app and restart it to see new messages.

Also the game seems to behave strange. When I press start the window turns horizontal and I only see a DONE button. Than I have to wait a litle while and sudently I see 3 x 3 Icons with the stuff I have won. Does it supose to work like this? Or do I miss some animation/graphics on that point?

Good job so far!

p.s. I use the HTC LEGEND
    Last edited by Nemmesis3z; 01-25-2012 at 07:48 AM.

in the galaxy nexus (on android 4.0.2) the app crash when you try to start it
    So say we all

What is RIFT Mobile?

Who can use it?

Known Issues:
    • We are receiving reports that the app is crashing on login for some phones. We will be looking into this as a top priority
    Is Trion working on a windows phone 7 app?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

HTC Droid Incredible, working perfectly here.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Soulwalker

Default Cant connect

i have samsung galaxy 2 and i just update my phone on 3g. when i log in tru 3g on my mobile he says i need to veryfi if i have connection. what i have so i dont know wy he is saying that just saying this as a heads up the add still new and in beta so still needs some fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryweasel View Post
    That works with htc wildfire 2.2.1
    using 2.3.3 and having issues with chat refreshing.
    Addiction - Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Gomba View Post
    using 2.3.3 and having issues with chat refreshing.
    Chat seems extremely delayed but refreshes now. Restarted my phone after installation ... seems to of resolved most of the issues
    Addiction - Tank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast