+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Moble BETA for Android is available!

Rift Disciple

Tested on Android 2.3.5 Sense 3.5 and Android 2.3.4 CM7. Both have modded kernels and root. App works great except for refreshing guild chat, this is fixed by pressing the back key and selecting your character again. Other than that it works great. Also as mentioned earlier Google has a new theme they want with apps and ICS. I highly suggest using this new theme as it will look really smooth on ICS and up phones. Also, would it be possible to configure the notifications? This isnt iOS after all, we like options!

Thanks Trion for pushing this out, looking forward to updates! I shall also try to test this on a few new ICS builds and see what the compatibility issue is. I run 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 and no issue. I shall try an ICS rom tonight and update.

Working fine on a Motorola Droid X running Android 2.3. TYVM for this, now I can stop bothering with the iOS version I was using on my iPod.

Works fine on the Droid X using 2.3.3. Only issue so far is guild chat never updates.
    Even free cost too much now

woo! this made a day filled with calculus anxiety a little better, working great so far on the Incredible

HTC Thunderbolt Verizon, Android OS version 2.3.4

Chat does not seem to refresh well/often. Other than that, works great.
    Last edited by Custom; 01-25-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Wording
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gomba View Post
    Is the guild chat supposed to refresh ? I noticed that chat dialog does not refresh until exiting out to the character select. Slightly annoying, questioning if this is intended.
    got the same problem with my Galaxy SII

Shadowlander

Galaxy Nexus owner, Rift Mobile crashes on start as previously mentioned.

Here's the Error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.trionworlds.riftmobile/com.trionworlds.riftmobile.LoginActivity}: java.lang.ClassCastException: android.view.ViewStub cannot be cast to android.widget.FrameLayout

Stack Frame at fault:
    at com.trionworlds.riftmobile.LoginActivity.onCreate( LoginActivity.java:88)

SDK version: API 14

Hope this helps with fixing the issue quickly.
    50/7 Cleric @ Laethys

Working perfect on original Droid (rooted however), no problems not even chat delay

Crashes when you want to play a game on HTC Wildfire.

Shield of Telara

Works fine on LG G2X running android 2.3.3

Well, it's working after a phone reboot.. before chat didn't seem to be refreshing but now it's working so far so good.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

What are the odds of getting Rift mobile on a Blackberry?
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

In-game 'replay' does not seem to work.

Android Bionic (factory fresh)

I wanted to say, "Excellent Job!"

This is really good stuff. Extremely innovative and polished.

The best word I can use to describe this is: evolutionary. When I logged in to the mobile app for the first time this morning, it seemed so very natural. It just fits into the MMO paradigm very nicely.

This will rapidly become another integral part of what constitutes a AAA MMO. I expect WOW and SWTOR to announce their respective versions of a mobile app in the not too distant future.

Bravo guys, really, really well done. This is up there alongside rifts, Riftstalkers, Chloromancers, and buttery smooth launches, in terms of groundbreaking stuff you guys have done in this game.

Soulwalker

Default Crash on logging

Crashes on logging in for Sony Xperia Ray as well. Firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 (Android 2.3.4)

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    This will rapidly become another integral part of what constitutes a AAA MMO. I expect WOW and SWTOR to announce their respective versions of a mobile app in the not too distant future.
    I have been away from WOW for quite some time. Someone pointed out to me that WOW already has this. /disregard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast