+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift Mobile for Android is on market now.

Cannot login on Xperia Play, Android v2.3.4.

Crashes only when trying to enter password correctly, if typed wrong it knows this.

Could it be the Android vers? Those with v2.2 don't seem to having the same issues?

Rift Master

Works wonderfully on the Droid X running CM7 GB kernel (rootwiz)
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Soulwalker

Default Droid 3 works

I'm running it on a Droid 3 and it seems to run ok without crashing.

But there are bugs as far as updating chat. The guild chat doesn't always update live. I had to back up to the character selection and reclick my character just to see the updates in guild chat. Also same is for whispers. It said I had 2 whispers from someone but when I clicked their name, it didn't show me their messages. This update issue seems to be inconsistent though since only a couple times I actually saw guild chat scrolling live as I typed. This inconsistency is going to make it hard for Trion to troubleshoot the problem IMO.

As far as features go, the only place I noticed native android notification integration was with the zone events. Whispers and guild chat have no notification options which is a shame. Hopefully this is a feature that will be added soon since, as a guild leader, I would like to be notified when people whisper me.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuan View Post
    But there are bugs as far as updating chat. The guild chat doesn't always update live. I had to back up to the character selection and reclick my character just to see the updates in guild chat. Also same is for whispers. It said I had 2 whispers from someone but when I clicked their name, it didn't show me their messages. This update issue seems to be inconsistent though since only a couple times I actually saw guild chat scrolling live as I typed. This inconsistency is going to make it hard for Trion to troubleshoot the problem IMO.
    Exactly the same here, Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.2.

Champion of Telara

New bug discovered.

Phone: Droid 2 Global, Android 2.2, Fission ROM version 2.4

Bug: Upon scratching a Lootable with a Retry square and tapping Retry, the app does not launch into a second chance of that Lootable, and shortly after, force-closes.

Expected behavior: The second-chance Lootable comes up and is handled as normal.

Edit: Full crash log has been reported via normal Report functionality in-app. App usually gracefully handles the force-close and kicks you back to character select, but you lose the second chance at the Lootable.
    Last edited by Zerromi; 01-25-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Champion

Works;
    motorola photon 4 g mb855
    android version 2.3.4

NOT Working;
    pantech element 4g p4100
    Android version 3.2.1
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

Soulwalker

Working On:

HTC Incredible S
    Android Version: 2.3.4 (Stock)

Pantech Breakout
    Android Version 2.3.4 (Stock)

Droid RAZR
    Android Version: 2.3.4 (Stock)

Google Nexus
    Android Version: 4.0.1 (Stock)

Not Working:

HTC Incredible S
    Android Version: 4.0.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1349324)

I've more phones at work that I can test it on and let you guys know

Rift Master

It's working on my HTC Desire, but I don't get guildchat updates. I have to go back to the character selection screen, to see new messages.

Rift Disciple

On the original Droid 1, Runs but stops working extremely often. Every few minutes so far. Just got it so maybe itll be better once i restart my phone.
    i5 2500k @4.5Ghz_________________16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600mhz (Rift Ram Drive)
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti 950Mhz___________60GB SSD OCZ Agility Turbo
    1TB Seagate Barracuda_____________Corsair TX750 V2
    Cooler Master HAF X_______________Asrock z68 extreme4
    Sony 46" 3D HDTV_________________Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Motorola photon here. How is this updating guild chat. I am waiting minutes for messages to post on the phone
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Force close when I want to play a game.

HTC Wildfire.

Soulwalker

HTC Desire HD work!!

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

Default Potential crash fix

Thank you to everyone for the fast feedback and good information.

We have a potential fix for the crashes on login screen. This update has been submitted to the Android Marketplace, so please download the update.

If anyone is still experiencing crashes on the login screen, please keep replying with your information.

Thanks!

Soulwalker

So far I have yet to see it even come up on the android market. Anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidcrawler View Post
    So far I have yet to see it even come up on the android market. Anyone else having this problem?
    strange doing a search for rift mobile shows it right off the top as the 1st app listed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast