+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 171
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: unfair loot, everyone should get the chance not just smartphone owners

  1. #31
    Rift Disciple Yaptap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default

    still praying for a Windows phone 7 app

    Whatchu know bout DerPS?

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    I do and it doesn't change my point. Are there hardware authenticators? Last I checked you needed a smart phone. Can absolutely any PC play this game to it's fullest potential? The last time I checked there were system requirements and the MAC, while playable with an add on program is not as good as a dedicated PC.
    This argument is idiotic at best. Subscribers are eligible for the same content and rewards, up until now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    There are over 130 million smart phones subscribed in the US. Now when you look at the demographics of those who have smart phones I think it is safe to say that the majority of players in this game are smart phone users. Do you think Rift hasn't said "how many accounts do we have and how many of those are 'ironclad'?" Do you think if a vast majority didn't have smart phones that they would have done this as a marketing gimick?

    People really need to get over it.
    The majority of which are Android. Plus all subscribers have a PC capable of running a website, in which case they should have launched the app as a PC web app, on Android, and on iPhone. Then we wouldn't be having an discussion about it. If they had to do it staggered, they should have done it in that order based on likely user base.

  3. #33
    Ascendant Proclus_Lycaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    I do and it doesn't change my point. Are there hardware authenticators? Last I checked you needed a smart phone. Can absolutely any PC play this game to it's fullest potential? The last time I checked there were system requirements and the MAC, while playable with an add on program is not as good as a dedicated PC.

    There are over 130 million smart phones subscribed in the US. Now when you look at the demographics of those who have smart phones I think it is safe to say that the majority of players in this game are smart phone users. Do you think Rift hasn't said "how many accounts do we have and how many of those are 'ironclad'?" Do you think if a vast majority didn't have smart phones that they would have done this as a marketing gimick?

    People really need to get over it.
    ... and has nothing to do with the fact that Trion should ALWAYS come out with a PC platform app before ANY "smart phone" app ... be it authenticator, tiny game, or what ever. If they did, then this entire discussion would be made a moot point.

    Not everyone has, and especially NEEDS a smart phone. Truth be told, if my work didn't pay 100% for mine, I wouldn't have one, MAYBE I'd have a cell phone ... and I'm an IT geek. My wife, who also plays Rift, doesn't have a smart phone. She doesn't need one, and it would be a waste of a couple of hundred dollars and $50-80 a month for the data plan.
    Dharma (Level 65): Proclus Lycaeus --- Damaged (ALL level 65): Berilion, Daermoon, Ephrus, Shvaai
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal - ALL level 65): Ennal, Benderis, Eldr, Yamule, Mirahsha, Wolframm, Ariarlos
    Vengeance: EU/Typhiria : Proclus (65), Sibenundvierzig (57), Cyfer (65), Shvaai (10)

  4. #34
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    I quit rift, if Rift Mobile for the 1980s Brickphone doesn't become a reality!

    I want my 4 pound handset to bleep bloop blip at me as I type 111 999 444 333 on it to access the audio scratch off and win c00l pr1z3s!
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-16-2012 at 02:31 PM.

  5. #35
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    ... and has nothing to do with the fact that Trion should ALWAYS come out with a PC platform app before ANY "smart phone" app ... be it authenticator, tiny game, or what ever. If they did, then this entire discussion would be made a moot point.

    Not everyone has, and especially NEEDS a smart phone. Truth be told, if my work didn't pay 100% for mine, I wouldn't have one, MAYBE I'd have a cell phone ... and I'm an IT geek. My wife, who also plays Rift, doesn't have a smart phone. She doesn't need one, and it would be a waste of a couple of hundred dollars and $50-80 a month for the data plan.
    Good luck finding a "regular" cell phone outside of a cricket store and even there thwy are becoming hardet to find. The entire industry is slowly phasing them out and many store will only have a non smart phone, even cricket, when it is for the guy who wants an indestructible brick. I do like how people are avoiding my one important point though. Trion knowz how many customers have android and IOS devices based on the number of authenticator accounts they have. Can any please say why Trion would do this IF those numbers did not justify it? Logically if those numbers were not sufficient they would not have done this because they would know there would be mucho emo. However here in this thread we have like the same 5 people being upset about it and from the read it appears some of them are upset based on the principle of the thing, not because they are locked out. Trion isn't about principle, they are about profit, and from that angle this is a good marketing gimick.

    As for the Android vs IOS argument. I am typing this on an android platform phone. Am I annoyed when I see my guilds with Iphones typing in guild chat or talking in mumble about there rewards? Yeah. At the same time most apps gets introduced for one platform, usually iphone first. I waited for Netflix, am still waiting for my Credit Union (just as examples). It is a question of for some security/drm (IOS is better on this than android), for others a question of what platform their particular demographic is more invested in and for other the fact that they have been writing IOS apps longer because IOS is older so they have a greater comfort level. It will come and when it does I'll have fun
    Last edited by Galibier; 01-16-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  6. #36
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    For what it's worth, once the Android app releases, it should be easy enough to set up an emulated Android device using the development SDK (which is free) on your computer and get the loot from it then if you want it that badly.

    That would require Trion to release the Android app, though. :/
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

  7. #37
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    For what it's worth, once the Android app releases, it should be easy enough to set up an emulated Android device using the development SDK (which is free) on your computer and get the loot from it then if you want it that badly.

    That would require Trion to release the Android app, though. :/
    The problem is this require people to do something for themselves. People cried for add ons, not for functionality, because u could have audio triggers for the things raid killer gives you, a parser etc. All from ACT but this required people to actually configure stuff on their own. Most people will not want to sit down an think in order to set up such emulation they want it done for them.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  8. #38
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    The problem is this require people to do something for themselves. People cried for add ons, not for functionality, because u could have audio triggers for the things raid killer gives you, a parser etc. All from ACT but this required people to actually configure stuff on their own. Most people will not want to sit down an think in order to set up such emulation they want it done for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    The problem is this require people to do something for themselves.
    I think this sums it up. Won't someone PLEASE think of the LAZY people!

    And really, the mobile app offers so LITTLE in actual DECENT rewards that anyone complaining about 'not getting their fair share' is more misguided than previously thought.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LebenOjanen View Post
    I think this sums it up. Won't someone PLEASE think of the LAZY people!

    And really, the mobile app offers so LITTLE in actual DECENT rewards that anyone complaining about 'not getting their fair share' is more misguided than previously thought.
    Funny, that's what the 1% say too . . .

    Rewards are rewards. They shouldn't be segregated by people with certain hardware, plain and simple.

  10. #40
    Ascendant Proclus_Lycaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Good luck finding a "regular" cell phone outside of a cricket store and even there thwy are becoming hardet to find.
    Actually, no it isn't. I just bought 2 more Samsung Rugby II's for our employees the other week. Not everyone needs to run "Gaming Apps" on their phone. They just need to talk 95% of the time, text 3% of the time, and pass a photo asking "This is what a stupid customer did to our equipment. They want us to cover it under warranty." the other 2% of the time.

    That is why 65% of adults DON'T have "smart phones" ... of ANY TYPE.

    But I digress. As I said, having "stand alone PC program" would have avoided ALL these problems from the get go.
    Dharma (Level 65): Proclus Lycaeus --- Damaged (ALL level 65): Berilion, Daermoon, Ephrus, Shvaai
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal - ALL level 65): Ennal, Benderis, Eldr, Yamule, Mirahsha, Wolframm, Ariarlos
    Vengeance: EU/Typhiria : Proclus (65), Sibenundvierzig (57), Cyfer (65), Shvaai (10)

  11. #41
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Actually, no it isn't. I just bought 2 more Samsung Rugby II's for our employees the other week. Not everyone needs to run "Gaming Apps" on their phone. They just need to talk 95% of the time, text 3% of the time, and pass a photo asking "This is what a stupid customer did to our equipment. They want us to cover it under warranty." the other 2% of the time.

    That is why 65% of adults DON'T have "smart phones" ... of ANY TYPE.

    But I digress. As I said, having "stand alone PC program" would have avoided ALL these problems from the get go.
    Can you show proof that 65% of adults don't have smart phones? Because every adult in my house hold and at my place of work has one and uses them for far more than playing games. I have had to use mine to log into my work network to fix an issue and get the company rolling again saving close to an hour of drive time and productivity lose.

    Simply because you and your company do not have the need for them does not translate into 65% of adults have no need for them.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mist26 View Post
    Can you show proof that 65% of adults don't have smart phones? Because every adult in my house hold and at my place of work has one and uses them for far more than playing games. I have had to use mine to log into my work network to fix an issue and get the company rolling again saving close to an hour of drive time and productivity lose.

    Simply because you and your company do not have the need for them does not translate into 65% of adults have no need for them.
    http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...n-smartphones/

    Google is your friend.

    Overall only 43% of mobile phone users own a smart phone, the stats cap in the 25-34 age group at 62%. Of the 43%, 43% of them again have android and 28% have Apple products.

    This excludes people who have no mobile phone.

    [Edit]
    Last edited by Alyn; 01-19-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: removed inflammatory comment

  13. #43
    Ascendant Proclus_Lycaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mist26 View Post
    Can you show proof that 65% of adults don't have smart phones? Because every adult in my house hold and at my place of work has one and uses them for far more than playing games. I have had to use mine to log into my work network to fix an issue and get the company rolling again saving close to an hour of drive time and productivity lose.

    Simply because you and your company do not have the need for them does not translate into 65% of adults have no need for them.
    I don't know about "proof", but I can show you are report saying that.

    http://pewinternet.org/~/media/Files...martphones.pdf

    Page 3.
    Dharma (Level 65): Proclus Lycaeus --- Damaged (ALL level 65): Berilion, Daermoon, Ephrus, Shvaai
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal - ALL level 65): Ennal, Benderis, Eldr, Yamule, Mirahsha, Wolframm, Ariarlos
    Vengeance: EU/Typhiria : Proclus (65), Sibenundvierzig (57), Cyfer (65), Shvaai (10)

  14. #44
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...n-smartphones/

    Google is your friend.

    Overall only 43% of mobile phone users own a smart phone, the stats cap in the 25-34 age group at 62%. Of the 43%, 43% of them again have android and 28% have Apple products.

    This excludes people who have no mobile phone.

    [Edit]
    [Edit]

    The link you posted say 62% not 65% and since 90% of stats on the internet are made up on the spot saying it doesn't mean anything. I had no need to Google it since I wasn't the one presenting it as fact.
    Last edited by Alyn; 01-19-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: removed reference to deleted content

  15. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mist26 View Post
    There is no need for the name calling, it is rather childish. I am not an "entitled yuppie" as you say I don't have the highest paying job but a smart phone makes MY life easier be it work related or not.

    The link you posted say 62% not 65% and since 90% of stats on the internet are made up on the spot saying it doesn't mean anything. I had no need to Google it since I wasn't the one presenting it as fact.
    It says 62%... of cell phone owners, in only 1 age group. He claimed adults. His link has the quote right on the first page of "35% of American adults own a smartphone". Meaning 65% don't.
    Last edited by Traciatim; 01-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts