+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: unfair loot, everyone should get the chance not just smartphone owners

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skulls View Post
    Jeebus, man, just go get a modern phone. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    The only thing stopping people from getting the app is themselves.
    Some of us have, sadly that app. is only available for a single legacy OS.
    Last edited by Kerin; 01-13-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    I demand that Trion give me Rank 8 PvP gear and 3 PA lvl's/day!
    3 Levels? With the buff in daily rewards I get more then 3 a night just doing my normal runs.

Wonder if this QQ'ing is the reason people can't connect to the app?
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Shadowlander

Think a bit bigger. The purpose of the app is to give players a way to be connected even when they are not sitting at their computer. What happens when a player is more connected and able to communicate like they are texting a friend? They stay. The whole point of the app is customer retention.

I know 4 marks seems like a big deal, but what about having servers closed due to low population? Which do you think really matters?

I minor incentive for early adopters to help them test their app. Works for me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rThrones View Post
    Think a bit bigger. The purpose of the app is to give players a way to be connected even when they are not sitting at their computer. What happens when a player is more connected and able to communicate like they are texting a friend? They stay. The whole point of the app is customer retention.

I know 4 marks seems like a big deal, but what about having servers closed due to low population? Which do you think really matters?

I minor incentive for early adopters to help them test their app. Works for me.
    Well said, much better than my planned response. Which was going to be a sarcastic "wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Quote Originally Posted by grel View Post

thats perfectly fair, giving the possiblity of 4 marks to people who happen to own certian hardware
    should be available to EVERYONE
    not just smartphone users
    What about the Ashes or CE upgrades? The Steam purchase bonus? The Extra Life titles?

Devil's Advocate aside, I would love for this to be, say, a Web app. People could follow guild chat at any computer (or on any capable phone), and, within reason, nobody would be left out.

(And on the Ashes/CE/Steam/other bonus note, I'd be all for them being widely available/purchasable too! )

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChuck View Post
    What about the Ashes or CE upgrades? The Steam purchase bonus? The Extra Life titles?

Devil's Advocate aside, I would love for this to be, say, a Web app. People could follow guild chat at any computer (or on any capable phone), and, within reason, nobody would be left out.

(And on the Ashes/CE/Steam/other bonus note, I'd be all for them being widely available/purchasable too! )
    A valid point, apart from the Extra Life titles/pets, which were earned by the players who achieved them so deserve them (I'm not one of them for the record ).

I would certainly like to see the app made available to all who want to take advantage of it, whether it be by phone or PC, since we all subscribe to the game.

In all honesty I'm not even sure it's fully down to the 'chance' of receiving four extra crafters marks or the likes, it is in beta and the prizes could easily be reduced by Trion, but down to the fact that Trion have made this available to a minority of the paying Rift community, thus appearing to be back-healing all other subscribers in the process.

My wife went to the Sprint store the other say to get a new phone since her phone had issues. They had virtually NO non-smart phones. You can even get free android based phones from pre paid companies like cricket. If you can afford a computer that can play this game, the sub and the high speed internet required you can afford a smart phone.

It is also the future of many industries tbh. Many companies are now integrating their "normal" services with free "premium" services available via smart phone apps. What the OP is suggesting is slowly but surely becoming an argument that is little different than complaining a game has higher "recommended" system requirements than the computer someone currently has. Time and technology march on in spite of the luddite.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylena View Post
    A valid point, apart from the Extra Life titles/pets, which were earned by the players who achieved them so deserve them (I'm not one of them for the record ).

I would certainly like to see the app made available to all who want to take advantage of it, whether it be by phone or PC, since we all subscribe to the game.

In all honesty I'm not even sure it's fully down to the 'chance' of receiving four extra crafters marks or the likes, it is in beta and the prizes could easily be reduced by Trion, but down to the fact that Trion have made this available to a minority of the paying Rift community, thus appearing to be back-healing all other subscribers in the process.
    The prizes are likely not going to be reduced. The point of the app and the scratchers is to keep people connected to the game virtually 24/7. If the game is something you are almost constantly connected to there is a reduced chance that you will unsub to try something else. Just look at games by zenga and how many hours are spent on them. You are at work you see Rift in your face because you are doing your scratchers. Your guildmates are reminding you they are tour friends and that they are there at the same time. You then get home and eat dinner. What are many gamers likely to do? It is a pretty savvy marketing ploy and it gets dilluted if they remove the scratchers.

This btw coming from an android user who has yet to enjoy such services.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by grel View Post

thats perfectly fair, giving the possiblity of 4 marks to people who happen to own certian hardware
    should be available to EVERYONE
    not just smartphone users
    lol

It's a great app and a great idea. If me getting an extra five Inscribed Sourcestone a week or an extra 160 Planarite troubles you that much, I believe there may be larger issues at play here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    It's a great app and a great idea. If me getting an extra five Inscribed Sourcestone a week or an extra 160 Planarite troubles you that much, I believe there may be larger issues at play here.
    What I find interesting is that they can declare "Everyone with iPhones gets free loots" and most people are ok with it, but if they said "Everyone with NVidia graphics cards gets free loots" there would be hell to pay.

I have an iPhone and I have to agree.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I think that the FIRST APP should have been a stand alone version that was playable on all Windows PCs. That way not only EVERYONE could play the games from day one (regardless if you had an iPhone or not), but you could run a much smaller app and communicate with your friends in game without having to launch the game and take up huge amounts of resources. Heck, I could even chat at work (because my work PC can't run Rift).

I hope Trion realizes this mistake and comes out with (and for all future apps) a "PC Desktop App" soon. Not only for the Rift Mobil App, but the Authenticator as well.
    Dharma (Level 70): Proclus Lycaeus --- Damaged (ALL level 65): Berilion, Daermoon, Ephrus, Shvaai
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal - ALL level 65): Ennal, Benderis, Eldr, Yamule, Mirahsha, Wolframm, Ariarlos
    Vengeance: EU/Typhiria : Proclus (65), Sibenundvierzig (57), Cyfer (65), Shvaai (15)

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    lol

You do realize you can also get Artifacts that sell for 20p each as well as Crafter Marks?
    Dharma (Level 70): Proclus Lycaeus --- Damaged (ALL level 65): Berilion, Daermoon, Ephrus, Shvaai
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal - ALL level 65): Ennal, Benderis, Eldr, Yamule, Mirahsha, Wolframm, Ariarlos
    Vengeance: EU/Typhiria : Proclus (65), Sibenundvierzig (57), Cyfer (65), Shvaai (15)

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    You do realize you can also get Artifacts that sell for 20p each as well as Crafter Marks?
    I do and it doesn't change my point. Are there hardware authenticators? Last I checked you needed a smart phone. Can absolutely any PC play this game to it's fullest potential? The last time I checked there were system requirements and the MAC, while playable with an add on program is not as good as a dedicated PC.

There are over 130 million smart phones subscribed in the US. Now when you look at the demographics of those who have smart phones I think it is safe to say that the majority of players in this game are smart phone users. Do you think Rift hasn't said "how many accounts do we have and how many of those are 'ironclad'?" Do you think if a vast majority didn't have smart phones that they would have done this as a marketing gimick?

People really need to get over it.

aite il jus pull 600 bucks out of my arse for a phone i would only ever use for this purpose
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast