+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift Mobile BETA is live!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Rift Mobile BETA is live!

As many of you may have noticed, we’ve recently made a Beta version of our iOS Rift Mobile App available! We are incredibly excited for you to start using it and letting us know what you think. Since this is a Beta release of the app, any feedback and bug submissions are greatly appreciated.

What is RIFT Mobile?
    It gives you a way to chat with friends and guild members, view guild info, get notified of zone events, and even play a game to win in-game loot. You can find it on iTunes by searching for RIFT.

For detailed info, visit the iTunes info page here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rift-...471051079?mt=8

This is a BETA release of the app. We wanted to get it out to you as soon as possible because we think it’s pretty darn cool and want to start getting feedback as soon as possible.

Will Android be supported?
    Yes! We’ve been hard at work on an Android version too. Our goal is to have this ready by the end of January and will let you know right here if that changes. We’ve got chat and zone events working internally and we’re currently finishing up and optimizing the Lootables experience.

The reason that iOS released first was two-fold. First, our small team had more experience with iOS devices, which made it a better fit to implement first. Second, since Apple has a more rigorous approval process, it made sense to make sure its version was ready to go first. Don’t worry, however, Android is coming as soon as we can get it to you!

Who can use it?
    For a limited time, RIFT Mobile is available to former RIFT subscribers! Even if you don’t have a current game subscription, you can use your RIFT login to access the app and utilize all of its features. Get back in touch with old friends!
    Current subscribers are, of course, supported as well =)

Known issues:
    This section has been in flux enough, that updating it is becoming less practical. Will be responding more in individual threads. I can assure you that we are working hard on both Android and fixing iOS issues =)

Users have pointed out that the snake in Crafty Critters is crying. Yes. Yes, it is.
    Last edited by kytsuri; 01-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Soulwalker

hey guys,

1st of all realy nice app guild talk and the zone invasion works realy great

i think i only hit 1 bug,

from the start i got the app, on the minigame (something like scratching) its bugged at me, try it 6 times now, re instaled app, reset my iphone, etc,

the problem:
    when i click on play, i get to antoher screen, with is black, i see 1 buton done, 3 icons of stuff you can win i think (planr iss etc) and 9 icons, where most of the time 3/4 more are the same, i think that you have to normaly scratch them out (what i heared from guildies) but i cant do that, you guys have anything i can do about it, because i havnt found anybody else with this problem,

cheers,

Whopper - Armadillo- steampike

How about W7 phone support =3

Whatchu know bout DerPS?

You cannot release the Android version of this application soon enough.
    Greybriar: Rikko (Warrior) / Mizcreant (Rogue) - Defiant

I have mixed feelings about this... I think it is a cool idea, however I believe this might cause people to never be in game and just use the mobile app and chat. They can use another chat program for that like TS or Ventrillo.

One bug or problem. You cannot put someone in the mobile app on ignore. If they are chatting, they should be able to be put on ignore if you don't want to listen to them... Fix that.

Possibly make a separate channel for apps so everyone with an app can talk to anyone else with an app. Do not merge it within guild. I have seen too many people not only in-game playing, but using a mobile app and have 2 chars listed in the guild - so they get multiple tells and I imagine it can get a bit confusing

I am wondering if this is a source of lag lately. A lot of lag exists in the game, and I have no clue if it is due to this app or not, but they have started around the same time. Just bringing it up.

Cool idea, but some things to work on imo

Soulwalker

Default Bug?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not but here's my feedback.

First let me say I love this app, love everything about it. Now, the "bug" goes like this:
    Last night I tried to log in with my phone while logged in on my PC and raiding, the application crashed and ever since every time I try to log on (not in game on PC anymore) I get the same error message
    Failed to Connect to Server! Please verify you have network access and try again.
    I get this message on my iPhone and on my iPad. I tried deleting the application and reinstalling it but I get the same message. I tried it using wifi and 3G and both give me the same error. I hope this can be fixed with the next version of the app.

Default Fail...

I get the same "Failed to connect to server!" error message on the first launch of this app on my iPad2.

I do NOT have the authenticator on my account, so I know that can't be the problem. I DO have internet on my iPad, else how would I have downloaded the thing? What is going on with this app that it's doing this??

Default intermittent connection?

Possibly due to all the inactive Rift subscribers flooding this new service, but was working last night and this morning and now "Failed to Connect to Server! Please verify you have network access and try again." for the last several hours.

Have tried to login using 2 separate accounts (wife's and mine), 2 separate internet connections (AT&T 3G data & wifi via Frontier DSL), 2 seperate devices(wife's iPad & my iPhone4). Have tried resetting/restarting connections and devices. Was previously working on both accounts & devices.

One thing I did notice when my wife started to have this login error, was I was logged into mine, and saw her also logged in. It appears to not be disconnecting users who've logged out or closed the app - since my wife had closed it completely out hours earlier... Dunno.
    Last edited by Dkknight777; 01-05-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

I'd love to say how much I love this because most of my guild does --- but it doesn't work for me. I downloaded it to my iphone 5 hours ago and have gotten "cannot conect to server" errors ever since. I'm obviously on the network since I downloaded and installed the app and I've been sending email.
    ***OMG I completed the Event Scavenger Hunt 1&2 PRE-NERF!!! (tm)***
    ...oh bring me some Figgie pudding...
    Figgie - Cleric Freak - <Enigma> @ Faeblight

Soulwalker

Default Similar login issues

I was delighted to hear about the Beta mobile app and downloaded it today, but have yet to get in due to the "Failed to Connect to Server" message (<pedant>why does "connect" warrant a capital letter?</pedant>).

I made sure I was using the correct username/password and I am an active subscriber.

Looking forward to trying this out!

Soulwalker

Default Change Login to use a PIN?

I don't like broadcasting my account User Name and Password every time I log in... maybe you could allow us to associate a separate PIN or PW just for this app on our profiles? That would also make switching accounts go faster if I could have a shorter PW since there's no danger of a compromised PIN leading to anything but somebody playing the scratch game on my behalf : - )

Soulwalker

using the app as of now, it is really cool. Thank you for making it, and i hope the android version comes soon too, it's really too good an app to be only on iphone!

Soulwalker

Any plans on android support in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by kytsuri View Post
    Users have pointed out that the snake in Crafty Critters is crying. Yes. Yes, it is.
    Good humor ftw.

Soulwalker

When will fix for not being able to login be released? Obviously I have Internet, otherwise I could not post this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast