+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift Mobile BETA is live!

Soulwalker

Default No Loot

I did the Lucky Games in the app and there was the message i would get my loot as an ingame-mail but i donīt get anything -_-
    Last edited by Aurin009; 01-13-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Default Right Character

Quote Originally Posted by Aurin009 View Post
    I did the Lucky Games in the app and there was the message i would get my loot as an ingame-mail but i donīt get anything -_-
    Make sure your logged into the character you want the shinie to go too. If you have multiple toons you maybe on that one. Nice because you can mail it to yourself if it goes to the wrong toon.
    Last edited by Gelfen; 01-13-2012 at 05:34 AM.

I just wish I could log in again. Every so often I get logged out, and have a heck of a time logging back in to the app. It keeps whining that I have no internet connection, but that just isn't true.
    Dharma (Level 70): Proclus Lycaeus --- Damaged (ALL level 65): Berilion, Daermoon, Ephrus, Shvaai
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal - ALL level 65): Ennal, Benderis, Eldr, Yamule, Mirahsha, Wolframm, Ariarlos
    Vengeance: EU/Typhiria : Proclus (65), Sibenundvierzig (57), Cyfer (65), Shvaai (15)

Soulwalker

"failed to connect to server" no Internet connection yet I am posting on this thread from said phone. I deleted and re downloaded still, no connection. Any solutions yet?????

Soulwalker

Found a security issue... I logged out of game, logged out all characters in the mobile app, then went to the Trion website and changed my account password. Confirmed that the password change went through by logging into the real game on my PC, then logging out again. Went back to the mobile app, and was able to log in all my characters without entering the new password, seems it was still connecting successfully using the old password. Logged characters in and out on the mobile app multiple times, it never prompted for a new password, just kept letting me in. The only way I was able to force it to use the new password was by hitting "change account" and logging in that way. Probably want to do something about that.

Default A Few Bugs

1) Oddity with the connection issue: When I first load the app, it says it can't find a connection. I logged off so I can try logging back on. I have an extremely long, complex password, and while pecking it into my iPhone I inevitably typed in the wrong password. After I did so, it told me I had. After I got it right, it then told me there's no connection.

So, either you're caching passwords on the phone (I kinda hope not. I hope you have a login token), or it's authenticating on the server. My iPhone shows no data activity when this is done, so I'm thinking it might actually be cached on the phone, but then again iOS doesn't show background data being sent from what I recall.

2) It looks like you're using XML to handle the data coming in and out (I may be wrong). The X/HTML special characters are being escaped when they're sent from the phone, but they aren't being re-encoded when displayed in game. For example, if I sent >&> from my phone I would get >&> in game.

3) Side note, ever since I've been using the app I've noticed a drop in charge time on my phone. If it is the app (it may very well not be), I would look at how frequently an update is being sent, and how much data is being sent for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysara View Post
    Found a security issue... I logged out of game, logged out all characters in the mobile app, then went to the Trion website and changed my account password. Confirmed that the password change went through by logging into the real game on my PC, then logging out again. Went back to the mobile app, and was able to log in all my characters without entering the new password, seems it was still connecting successfully using the old password. Logged characters in and out on the mobile app multiple times, it never prompted for a new password, just kept letting me in. The only way I was able to force it to use the new password was by hitting "change account" and logging in that way. Probably want to do something about that.
    Hopefully this means they're caching a login token. See my post above.

If that's the case, they need to have a flag set to invalidate the token on a password change.

Soulwalker

Default Not connected to network errorless

"Failed to connect to server--- please check that you have a network connection and try again."
    This is the error I got today. I've been using this app for days with no problem and suddenly today I can't connect. It does recognize if my username and password are wrong and stops there first. If they are correct it tries to connect and gives me the above error. Please fix. Must scratch off all the things!!!! Must have more shinies!!!!

Champion

Please make a web version of this.

Guild Wars has it, and a lot of people are thankful for it.

Soulwalker

All i know is that my ipod does not like it. Ive tried everything i can possibly think of, cannot get it to work on my ipod touch 3.1.3. i know its a later ipod, but all it does is shows the trion logo, then goes back to the home screen like nothing ever happened. checked with another app, everything else works fine, even the mobile authenticator. anyone else having this issue? and can it be resolved?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by padsun View Post
    "Failed to connect to server--- please check that you have a network connection and try again."
    This is the error I got today. I've been using this app for days with no problem and suddenly today I can't connect. It does recognize if my username and password are wrong and stops there first. If they are correct it tries to connect and gives me the above error. Please fix. Must scratch off all the things!!!! Must have more shinies!!!!
    i am getting the same thing on my Iphone 4

ID 3/8

android
    android
    android

Plane Touched

Android users should get double loot for the first month! All my iphone guildies are banking on free ISS and we (android users) get the shaft!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaptap View Post
    How about W7 phone support =3
    Get a real phone. If you use an unpopular and developer-unfriendly platform, you're not going to get much for apps.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by drsharp View Post
    Android users should get double loot for the first month! All my iphone guildies are banking on free ISS and we (android users) get the shaft!
    +1 on that

i hope they will relese these days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast