+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift Mobile BETA is live!

another question why is this just for mobile phones?

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Loving this app so much! Keeping in touch with friends on the go is fun, and the scratch game has some nifty rewards. Hope you continue to improve and expand Rift Mobile!

Shield of Telara

Not bad for a beta app.

1) Crashes a lot on me (iphone 4 w/iOS5). Haven't been able to repeat it by same functions, it just crashes on me at different times.

2) Would love to see the ability to chat via multiple channels instead of guild chat and officer chat. Like level 50 chat or custom chat channels. We have multiple ranks in our guild and use a player created channel for as a "leadership" channel. It would be nice to communicate to this channel via mobile.

3) Would be nice for Guild leaders/Officers (well... for those that have permissions) to be able to change the MOTD and write to the Wall via the mobile app. As the guild leader, I was unable to do either one of these, just read them.

4) AH capability. I would LOVE to be able to view/bid/buy out items on the AH as well as list !!!

Soulwalker

I quite like the app so far... encountered the known login issue, but once I got in, it seems to be working fine. Good quality for a Beta app, and it's really rather nice to have guildchat showing up as just another IM client, great idea!

Two minor wishlist items:
    1) It would be nice if guildmates' new achievements showed up in the guild chat window, as without the achievement info being broadcast I am periodically seeing a bunch of guildies say "grats so-and-so" for no discernable reason.
    2) There seems to be a problem with linking tradeskils (e.g. [Runecraft]) in guild chat... clicking on a tradeskill link takes you to a blank screen that does nothing. If this functionality isn't working, it would be preferable to either show the link as non-clickable text, or have it go to a screen saying "this functionality isn't ready yet" rather than just hitting you with a blank screen. Item links seem to work fine, it's just tradeskill links that seem to go nowhere.

Thanks! Curious to see what additional functionality future releases will bring.

Soulwalker

Actually, one more wishlist item... logon/logoff notifications would be nice too... responding in guild chat to someone who has already logged off is just... a lack of win. heh In an ideal world, both the logon/logoff notifications and the previously-wished-for achievement notifications would be configurable via settings. Dare I hope?

Default Failed to Connect

Hey, i was just browsing this page I noticed a lot of people saying the same thing, but has anyone noticed that they said at the end of the post that they know about this problem, and to just spam the login button until you connect? Just saying...

Soulwalker

Not to complain about free stuff, but I figure you'd want the bug report... there seems to be a bug in the planarite rewards from the Planar Invasion lootable game... if I win 79 planarite in the mobile game, I do receive an in-game mail saying that says it has 79 planarite attached, however when I actually click on the the item in the mail message to loot it, it tells me I have received 7 planarite, not 79. Possible truncation issue?

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

Default Possible fix for connection issue

Hey everyone,

We've identified an issue on our end that we believe is causing the connection problems that people have called out in this thread.

We have a temporary fix in place that should resolve the issue while we work on a more permanent solution.

If you are still getting the error message and unable to log in, please let us know. (and hey, if it's working now, that's good to know too!) Thanks everyone for continuing to use the app and report bugs. We appreciate it!

Thanks!

I'd sure like to see this available to PC users on a Rift casual games website, such as W101 does. I don't have a smart phone or other mobile device.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ysara View Post
    Not to complain about free stuff, but I figure you'd want the bug report... there seems to be a bug in the planarite rewards from the Planar Invasion lootable game... if I win 79 planarite in the mobile game, I do receive an in-game mail saying that says it has 79 planarite attached, however when I actually click on the the item in the mail message to loot it, it tells me I have received 7 planarite, not 79. Possible truncation issue?
    Did some more verification on this and it looks like the problem is only in the loot *message*, the correct number of planarite appeared on my currency tab after looting, despite that the loot message announced an incorrect number. Also, there appears to be no loot message at all for inscribeds, though those are showing up correctly on the currencies tab as well.

It's probably only for smart phones of 2 types for the same reason you can't run the full game of Rift in Linux or Mac natively.... because it's not worth the time or effort.

If you are sitting in front of your PC... play rift the real game.

If you are on a bus... or standing in a line someplace... or waiting in a doctor's waiting room... play the mobile phone app.

Why on earth would you want to play something like this instead of the real game given the choice because you have a PC?

Luv it, a few things so far tho.

1. Mobile users are invisible to PC users in guild roster.

2. I am unable to change guild message of the day, will this be added later?

3. I have a iphone and my mrs has a blackberri and im getting hated on and abused. please help out with that.

4. that is all, great development, cheers
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by GoldChrish View Post

1. Mobile users are invisible to PC users in guild roster.
    Apparently our guildy that was on their PC is blind, so cancel that :P
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

RIFT Guide Writer Sinfullysweet's Avatar

But but....

Y U NO LUV BLACKBERRY?

No mobile auth, no rift mobile. =( Breaking out the old iphone turned into ipod to get this app.

Any chance of love for the business phone? (stuck with the Blackberry until phone renewal time)

Sinfullysweet of Grievance on Wolfsbane
    PLAY ~*~Twitter ~*~ Raptr ~*~ Sinfullysweet's Steam ~*~ Sin's Xbox Profile
    WorldofWardrobes.net is no longer available due to hosting issues *RIP*.

still getting error failed to connect to server please check Internet connection. well I am posting this on my phone so I have Internet. any fix for this yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast