+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing Blade

Default Healing Blade

The spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#F...994/S8BkgB48/G

The spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0ODhlTEE#gid=0
    Note: the minimum level of 48 was chosen because this is the minimum level at which you can still have the 1 second GCD on slash attacks as well as enough points in chloromancer for Essence Surge. The level 48 spec would look like this:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#F...Aw/S8BnA9hUw/G

The guide:

In this spec you use melee attacks to proc Eldritch Armor, and chloromancer spells to consume these procs. First of all, the buffs. Before combat, use Synthesis on your tank. This will automatically apply Lifebound Veil to yourself, putting you in tank healing mode. Then activate Eldritch Armor, Lightning Blade and Living Energy.

Right before the fight starts, use Radiant Spores on the first target, because the target won't aggro from this spell. Then, use Withering Vine and Blazing Light while running to the target, and Piercing Beam when you arrive in melee range. Now you can start your melee attack spam. The main ability of that is Storm Slash, with the heavier Storm's Fury available every 6 seconds. This can be nicely put into a macro. Because this will be the main spam macro, we'll put Break Free in it too, as well as Vengeful Shock for if you miss an attack:

#show Storm's Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Break Free
    cast Vengeful Shock

Use this until you get an Eldritch Armor proc. When this happens, first use Vorpal Slash. This will be really fast, because Vorpal Slash gets a 0.5 second global cooldown while an Eldritch Armor proc is active. Since it doesn't consume the proc, use the chloromancer spells Nature's Touch, Nature's Fury and Vile Spores for that. This can also be nicely macrod:

#show Nature's Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Vile Spores

Note that Vorpal Slash may of course be on cooldown when you get a proc. To maximize the amount of Eldritch Armor procs, it's favourable to use a 1,5 second global cooldown spell after the proc macro in that case. This means Withering Vine or Ruin. After that, start using the first macro to generate a proc again and repeat. Keep in mind to use Piercing Beam when it drops off, and refresh Blazing Light with Lucent Slash.

While doing these things, there are a few things to keep an eye on:
    1. Cleanse when necessary. You are a healer so it is your job, use Nature's Cleasing for single targets or Cleasing Rush to cleanse the whole group at once.
    2. Keep up Withering Vine as much as possible. It's ideal if you use it right after the proc macro when no Vorpal Slash was used, but it's not worth waiting for a proc if it expires.
    3. Refresh Radiant Spores on "dull" moments where you can afford to spend a global cooldown on it.
    4. Use Wild Growth to boost your group DPS or for when you are lacking group healing power. The heals on it might be small but can still make a big difference.
    5. Use Charged Blade as damage boosting charge consumer and Entropic Veil as healing boosting charge consumer. Which serves you best will depend on your gear and the situation.

And 6. The most important point: use direct heals when needed. When the group is in trouble, use Flourish. If your general healing power is low, try keeping Resurgence active on your tank. For quick single target heals, use Bloom and Essence Surge. However, if you happen to have an Eldritch Proc active, Natural Healing and Healing Torrent are good choices too, since they'll cast instantly and do a lot of healing. To make your life easier, you can use mouseover macros to quickly heal party members without having to select them. An example for Bloom would be:

#show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Bloom

It's also possible to focus one player for easier casting. For example, to keep Resurgence on the tank, focus the tank and use:

#show Resurgence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Resurgence

And finally: When your tank is receiving sufficient healing or low damage, and your group is in need of more healing, activate Lifegiving Veil. This will greatly boost your group heals, but unlike Lifebound Veil it will not heal the tank more than your other group members. Switching between the veils is easy and fast (all it needs is one global cooldown) so make use of this.

No addons are required, though it can be useful to have a buff tracker like Karuul Alert for easier upkeeping of Piercing Beam, Blazing Light, Withering Vine and possibly Radiant Spores and Resurgence.
    Last edited by Veldan; 11-29-2013 at 06:16 AM.

(cannot edit anymore)

The difficulty might need to be set to "Advanced" , but it's hard for me to judge since I'm very experienced at this game and the use of macros and addons.

Default Interesting

This build seems quite interesting, but how much HPS can you really pull out of it? Seems a bit scary to be waiting on a proc to do a greater amount of healing. Can it heal in SL experts? Like for example the third boss in Exodus of the Storm Queen where there is so much aoe dmg going around.

I am skeptical about the spec, but it does seem very interesting from your write up about it. Good job on it.

Soulwalker

I'm curious as to why the archon when nothing I read makes any use of the two abilities a 0 point in archon gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by amazingchili View Post
    This build seems quite interesting, but how much HPS can you really pull out of it? Seems a bit scary to be waiting on a proc to do a greater amount of healing. Can it heal in SL experts? Like for example the third boss in Exodus of the Storm Queen where there is so much aoe dmg going around.

I am skeptical about the spec, but it does seem very interesting from your write up about it. Good job on it.
    I can succesfully heal any expert with it, but to do so you need to have an overgeared tank or be slightly overgeared yourself. If everyone is new to experts and has pre-expert gear, it's not advisable to run this. Waiting for a proc can indeed be scary, I usually pop bloom / essence surge if it takes too long (which it will sometimes do, after all it's RNG).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemexia View Post
    I'm curious as to why the archon when nothing I read makes any use of the two abilities a 0 point in archon gives you.
    Searing vitality is instant and you can often get one in somewhere during a fight to buff your HP. If you really want to push your stats, duel a group member before the fight and buff 5x pillaging stone and 5x searing vitality stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Searing vitality is instant and you can often get one in somewhere during a fight to buff your HP. If you really want to push your stats, duel a group member before the fight and buff 5x pillaging stone and 5x searing vitality stacks.
    Pillaging Stone is no longer useful as a buff without points in Strength of Stone (8 Archon) FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Pillaging Stone is no longer useful as a buff without points in Strength of Stone (8 Archon) FYI.
    True, I stand corrected. I still don't think any other zero pointer has a bigger (less small) benefit than archon though.

+ Reply to Thread