+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlteCode

Thread: Renegade Medic

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default Renegade Medic

    Renegade Medic

    Brief Description: A combat rogue that is equipped with Empyrean Technology to allow him/her the ability to heal a group or support through combat buffs.

    Group Role: Support / Healer

    Souls:
    Soul 1: Tactician (58)
    Soul 2: Bard (13)
    Soul 3: Nightblade (5)

    Key Abilities:
    Ability 1: Restorative Bolt
    Ability 2: Curative Beam
    Ability 3: Curative Blade

    Difficulty: Advanced

    Basics: A rogue setup for healing his or her party through Empyrean Technologies. Prefers gear with Dexterity, Attack Power, and Physical Crit. Provides various combat buffs to augment his or her party for success.

    How to Play:
    If Healer Support role: Heal your party with Restorative Bolt leading into Curative Blast, Curative Beam, Curative Remote, and Curative Core.
    If DPS Support: Single Target:Blast your enemies with Empyrean Bolt leading into your finisher of Empyrean Ray or Necrotic Ray depending on situation. AoE: Rotate between Glacial Torrent and Infernal Torrent 4 times and use Empyrean Bolt to get instant 5 Combo Points, followed by a finisher to remove torrent debuff.

    Tips:
    Tip 1: Spam Restorative Bolt!
    Tip 2: Keep healing buffs active (Curative Beam / Remote / Blast / Core)
    Tip 3: You can dps when healing is not needed, do not hesitate to use bolts with restorative engine active.

    Minimun Level: 1

    Base Guide:
    Rotation(s):
    Healing Rotation:
    Curative Beam > Curative Remote > Curative Blast > Curative Core > Restorative Bolt (SPAM! Rebuff higher priority buffs as they fall off in order listed above)

    Buffs:

    Engines:
    Restorative Enging (used for healing)
    Necrotic Engine (used when DPSing with bolts and rays)
    Empyrean Engine (used when DPSing with torrent spamming)


    Macros:

    [Level 36 Spell]
    Curative Remote with tank focus'd (toss's CR on tanks target[not used for trash])
    #show Curative Remote
    cast @focustarget Curative Remote

    [Level 50 Spell]
    Cast Curative Beam on focus target (usually tank)
    #show Curative Beam
    cast @focus Curative Beam


    Recommended addons:
    Karuul Alert - http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert to track buffs and debuffs
    -Keep track of Curative Blast / Beam / Core / Remote
    -Keep track of Torrent debuff stacks use finisher at 4 to get 5 combo points and a finisher to remove debuff stacks

    Gear recommendations:

    Prioritize: dexterity > Attack power = Physical Crit > strength

    Situational abilities:
    Battle Remote (+20% dmg / heal for 10s)
    Power Core (+10% dmg for 15sec)
    Fortification Core(+30% armor / resistance for 15sec)
    Torrent Primer (+40% dmg / heal through torrents)



    Hot Bar Layout:
    Slot 1: Empyrean Bolt
    Slot 2: Curative Core
    Slot 3: Curative Beam
    Slot 4: Empyrean Ray
    Slot 5: Curative Remote
    Slot 6: Curative Blast
    Slot 7: Glacial Torrent
    Slot 8: Infernal Torrent
    Slot 9: Torrent Primer
    Slot 0: Mount
    Slot -: Empyrean Alteration
    Slot =: Curative Torrent

    Build Specifics:

    Level 60 build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#wg/TkGl9l9hiGg/vk0U
    Level 1: Ionization
    Level 2: Ionization
    Level 3 (2 points): Ionization / Deafening Music
    Level 4: Ionization
    Level 5: Ionization
    Level 6 (2 points): Infernal Torrent / Deafening Music
    Level 7: Strategic Advantage
    Level 8: Strategic Advantage
    Level 9 (2 points): Strategic Advantage / Deafening Music
    Level 10:Strategic Advantage
    Level 11: Internal Combustion
    Level 12 (2 points): Extended Workload / Deafening Music
    Level 13: Extended Workload
    Level 14: Extended Workload
    Level 15 (2 points): Necrotic Ray / Deafening Music
    Level 16: Restorative Engine
    Level 17: Conservation of Energy
    Level 18 (2 points): Conservation of Energy / Good Health
    Level 19: Tactical Training
    Level 20: Tactical Training
    Level 21 (2 points): Temperature Inversion / Good Health
    Level 22: Expanded Torrents
    Level 23: Expanded Torrents
    Level 24 (2 points): Auxiliary Plan / Good Health
    Level 25: Auxiliary Plan
    Level 26: Torrent Primer
    Level 27 (2 points): Auxilary Plan / Good Health
    Level 28: Tactical Traning
    Level 29: Tactical Traning
    Level 30 (2 points): Tactical Traning / Good Health
    Level 31: Battle Remote
    Level 32: Heat Vent
    Level 33 (2 points): Heat Vent / Street Smart
    Level 34: Heat Vent
    Level 35: Heat Vent
    Level 36 (2 points): Primer Amplification / Street Smart
    Level 37: Infernal Beam
    Level 38: Empyrean Boost
    Level 39 (2 points): Empyrean Boost / Street Smart
    Level 40: Empyrean Boost
    Level 41: Curative Torrent
    Level 42 (2 points): Heat Vent / Burning Rage
    Level 43: Strategic Advantage
    Level 44: Palliative Care
    Level 45 (2 points): Palliative Care / Burning Rage
    Level 46: Palliative Care
    Level 47: Palliative Care
    Level 48 (2 points): Palliative Care / Burning Rage
    Level 49: Enhanced Core
    Level 50: Enhanced Core
    Level 51: Burning Rage
    Level 52: Burning Rage
    Level 53: Boosted Defenses
    Level 54: Boosted Defenses
    Level 55: Boosted Defenses
    Level 56: Metal Plating
    Level 57: Metal Plating
    Level 58: Metal Plating
    Level 59: Metal Plating
    Level 60: Metal Plating

    Note from Author: Eicher@Wolfsbane is my main I heal experts solo at 60 with this current build.
    Last edited by AlteCode; 11-27-2013 at 10:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    For some reason I cannot edit the origional thread, odd. Well was going to add details about rotation
    • For Healing:

      Less rotation style and more managing buff uptimes. Since all 4 of your major healing buffs have 15sec uptime: Curative Blast, Curative Beam, Curative Core, and Curative Remote. Curative Remote it a little tricky since using it on trash is wasted, using it on bosses is quite useful (By the way, it stacks with Chloromancers Radiant Spores!!). If all buffs are active just use Restorative Bolt to heal until your buffs need refreshing.

      By the way, if you are using the Energy Alteration buff, remove it so your Curative Blast is not nerfed in the healing output.
    • For Single Target:
      Empyrean Bolt x5 -> Empyrean Ray
    • For AoE:
      Glacial Torrent (for the debuff to amplify Infernal Torrent) -> Infernal Torrent (gives DoT) -> Glacial Torrent -> Infernal Torrent -> Empyrean Bolt / Restorative bolt -> finisher: Necrotic Bolt
      (if Necrotic Ray is known and still mobs for AoE, else use Empyrean Ray. Having the Energy Alteration buff active helps remove the 1.5sec cast time making it instant but with reduced dmg. The dmg lost due to the instant cast time is roughly the same as normal damage with cast time per time spent casting.)

    [NOTE] I do not use Necrotic Torrent, I even did not spec into it, because in a group enviornment it is nearly impossible to make sure every enemy in your AoE is below 30% dmg to get the dmg increase.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    This build is OP doing 3khps EASY in expert dungeon with start+t1 gear i lold so hard my buddy the healer as just only cleansing lol

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Please no Maybe something more supporty named so people don't think they can heal with it like "This can't heal as good as a healer and had no tank healing skills medic" That would reduce confusion and alleviate dumb rogues trying to solo heal in crap gear.
    \

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Please no Maybe something more supporty named so people don't think they can heal with it like "This can't heal as good as a healer and had no tank healing skills medic" That would reduce confusion and alleviate dumb rogues trying to solo heal in crap gear.
    I understand your thought, I am in entry level T1 raid gear, not amazing gear at any means, but I can solo heal. Support role is always viable for the undergeared healer. In fact, most healers requested supports to offheal when they first entered expert modes, maybe the healer is under gear, maybe the tank is. So yeah as with any soul, solo healing takes practice and not entry level expert gear, aka crappy gear.

    As I stated I have entry level raid gear and I have no issues solo healing experts with this spec. As long as the tank isnt going commando and overpulling there never really is an issue.

    And medic doesnt refer to the sole ability to heal the party, medic is just someone who keeps their patient in a "stable" condition for the doctor to begin. The doctor being a cleric / mage in this meaning (not the Doctor Who ofc ).

    So you have the ability to support heal, aoe dps hard, and provide some insane party buffs on short cooldowns. Or, you can learn the spec and rotation and have decent entry level raid gear and take on the challange to rogue heal pre-3.0

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlteCode View Post
    I understand your thought, I am in entry level T1 raid gear, not amazing gear at any means, but I can solo heal. Support role is always viable for the undergeared healer. In fact, most healers requested supports to offheal when they first entered expert modes, maybe the healer is under gear, maybe the tank is. So yeah as with any soul, solo healing takes practice and not entry level expert gear, aka crappy gear.

    As I stated I have entry level raid gear and I have no issues solo healing experts with this spec. As long as the tank isnt going commando and overpulling there never really is an issue.

    And medic doesnt refer to the sole ability to heal the party, medic is just someone who keeps their patient in a "stable" condition for the doctor to begin. The doctor being a cleric / mage in this meaning (not the Doctor Who ofc ).

    So you have the ability to support heal, aoe dps hard, and provide some insane party buffs on short cooldowns. Or, you can learn the spec and rotation and have decent entry level raid gear and take on the challange to rogue heal pre-3.0
    Medic is short for Paramedic, which is the equivalent of an RN in a hospital. Alternatively, a Medic is a bandage and **** front line fixer in the military. That being said, my only issue is with the name and your statement that you can solo heal. 3K hps (which is mostly AoE) is not enough to keep a poorly geared tank up in experts (assuming 3k ST heals which it isn't). The only way you could possibly solo heal is if you were extremely overgeared (not just geared in expert gear) AND if the tank was well geared. So if we want to be technical, call it an "EMT" spec or a Nurse "Aid spec", or hell, even "First Aid" as that would be more in line with supporting heals.

    Again, my issue is having scrubs (as pro's don't use premade builds) trying to heal a dungeon when they can't.
    \

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    True, we can get to the nit and gritty about what words mean from each of our viewpoint. I am not here to argue, so please stop. I am here to "break the meta". Yes rogues have no cleanse, yes rogues have no burst heal like dedicated healers. But the fact that people say I cannot heal makes me laugh. Yes I cannot que as a healer, so I que as support and request the healer to go dps.

    Now I did list the spec as advanced, because it is that. You cannot just walk up and use it, it takes practice to learn the style.

    Now, I have no reason to prove that it is indeed possible to heal experts. But I do livestream my rift gameplay, and if you wanted any proof you can watch me there.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Medic is short for Paramedic, which is the equivalent of an RN in a hospital. Alternatively, a Medic is a bandage and **** front line fixer in the military. That being said, my only issue is with the name and your statement that you can solo heal. 3K hps (which is mostly AoE) is not enough to keep a poorly geared tank up in experts (assuming 3k ST heals which it isn't). The only way you could possibly solo heal is if you were extremely overgeared (not just geared in expert gear) AND if the tank was well geared. So if we want to be technical, call it an "EMT" spec or a Nurse "Aid spec", or hell, even "First Aid" as that would be more in line with supporting heals.

    Again, my issue is having scrubs (as pro's don't use premade builds) trying to heal a dungeon when they can't.
    Your explenation of the derivation of the word medic is a long way off, the word medic is taken from the latin medicus, meaning physician. paramedic is taken from two latin words Para (by the side of) and Medic (physician)..
    Last edited by Asharoth; 12-04-2013 at 07:21 AM.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker Outlaw04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Link to vids? Im trying this out 'cause i can see some use while waiting for a dq'd healer and we wanna pull trash or if support raid heals are needed.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw04 View Post
    Link to vids? Im trying this out 'cause i can see some use while waiting for a dq'd healer and we wanna pull trash or if support raid heals are needed.
    Sorry about the delayed response, took some time off rift and the internet in general. Yes I have a few video's of this. I even created a Reddit post to get more people informed. The reddit post is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comment...enegade_medic/

    That post includes everything from explaining the soul to showing you me raid healing on my rogue, and a few expert mode dungeon solo healing. Enjoy!

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I was looking at your Renegade Medic build, and I must say it looks very interesting and I can't wait to try my hand on it.

    I do have one question though. If you have the Dream Soul Pack, wouldn't it be better to be a Physician instead of a Nightblade?

    A Physician does have the same 1st tier talent as Nightblade's Burning Rage: High Metabolism which increases Attack Power and Weapon Damage by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%. As an additional bonus, you'd have 5% to healing due to 5 points in Physician. I'd think Preventive Medication would be nice as well.

    Of course, that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Akrie; 07-14-2014 at 07:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts