+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Preset Builds Contest - ENTER HERE!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFT Preset Builds Contest - ENTER HERE!

CONTEST: Build a Better Preset REDUX!

Get YOUR build in the game!

Our RIFT Soul Preset System is a fantastic way to introduce newer adventurers to our complex soul system. The current offerings are now two years old and we have NEW souls to take into account - we are desperately in need of an update!

To ensure that our preset guides are the very best that they can be, we need the help of experienced veterans. We want to put your builds in the game, credit them to you, and offer you prizes to boot! We are especially interested in builds that feature our newest Souls, but we have 51 to choose from, so your options are almost endless!

How do you enter?
    We've prepared a form on the next post in this thread with all the required information.
    We also have a Google spreadsheet here for those who a template in that format:
    Enter by responding to this thread with your information. You may continue to edit your entry until the contest deadline!

Dates:
    Contest Opens: Friday, May 13, 2016, 12:00 noon PST
    Contest Ends: Friday, May 20, 2016, 10:00 AM PST

Summary of Rules:
    • You may enter as many preset builds as you want.
    You can win multiple times, and all those builds will be placed into the game!
    • Please be sure you include a detailed gameplay guide in addition to your preset build. That guide can be hosted on the site of your choosing.
    • Builds will be evaluated for detail, quality and insights.
    The player community will vote on the preset builds for two weeks, and their input will be taken into consideration during the selection process. Trion Worlds reserves the right to refrain from choosing any submission if our quality standards are not met.
    • All preset build submissions and online guides must be original and created by the entrant. Creators of previous builds already in game may update and resubmit those builds.

Prizes:
    • All winners will have their build(s) added to the game as a preset!
    • Winners will be able to suggest a descriptive name for the preset, subject to approval by the RIFT Development team.
    Winners will have their character's name and shard credited in the description.
    • Winners will earn a Community Snail mount, to be awarded to a single character on the account. If an entrant wins for multiple submissions, each will be awarded one snail mount!
    • Each winning submission will earn a 30 Day Patron Pass
    • Winners will receive the prefix title "Guide Writer."
    • Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and have no cash value.

Full prize rules can be found here. In case of disagreement between this rule summary and the official prize rules linked here, the latter shall govern. [link forum post]
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-13-2016 at 11:26 AM.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Required Information

First up: the basic information that’s shown to players when they are selecting their preset. Items 1 through 9 can be found in the screenshot above as an example.

1. Preset Name: Your choice!

2, Brief Description: Describe the build in a short overview. What is it good at? What makes it fun? MAX 250 characters.

3. Group Role: Tank, DPS, Heal, or Support

4. Souls:
    Soul 1:
    Soul 2:
    Soul 3:

5. Key Abilities: The top 3 more important abilities that keep this build going.
    Ability 1:
    Ability 2:
    Ability 3:

6. Difficulty: Easy, Intermediate, or Advanced – keep in mind managing cooldowns, situational skills, and other traits.

7. Basics: List important facts about this build: including best stats, ideal equipment, and other key components for success. MAX 250 characters.

8. How to Play: Elaborate on the key attributes of the build (spell order, tactics, etc). No more than 250 characters.

9. Tips: Max 2 lines per point, no more than 60 characters a line
    Tip 1:
    Tip 2:
    Tip 3:

EXTRA INFORMATION REQUIRED

10. Minimum Level: The build will not show up in the preset list until this level.

11. Build Guide: Please include a link to a guide you’ve created that details how to use your build. Linking an offsite one is okay too. It should include:

12, Rotation(s)
    Any recommended macros. For leveling builds, please note if a macro can only be used above a certain level.

13. Links to any recommended addons.

14. A general overview on how to best play.

15. Gear recommendations.

16. Situational abilities.

17. Any other pertinent information needed to best play the build.

18. Hot Bar Layout: List each ability that should be automatically placed. For leveling builds, include abilities available at the minimum level so that a player can kill mobs, even if at level 60 none of those abilities would be present on the hotbar.
    Slot 1:
    Slot 2:
    Slot 3:
    Slot 4:
    Slot 5:
    Slot 6:
    Slot 7:
    Slot 8:
    Slot 9:
    Slot 0:
    Slot -:
    Slot =:

19. Build Specifics: Please list what soul the point(s) go to, as well as the appropriate trait name. Since presets are guided, order is very important! Even if your build is for level 60, you must fill the below information out.

20. Below level 50 you cannot have more points than your current level spent in an individual soul.
    At and above level 50, you may have your level +1 points spent in a given soul.
    Level 1:
    Level 2:
    Continue and fill in point allocations through:
    Level 60:

POST YOUR ENTRY TO THIS THREAD.
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-13-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Couldn't see your google Google spreadsheet template.
    So here the old one when Presets started:

Preset Spreadsheet

Last edited by DarkDaemon; 05-20-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Quick aside, I think it'd be nice if every support preset also linked to THIS along with all the other information the person creating the preset provides only to ensure that people using support presets are shown how their important buffs/debuffs interact with the other supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Couldn't see your google Google spreadsheet template.
    So here the old one when Presets started:

Preset Spreadsheet
    Added space for masteries in case that can be done, though current presets do that already.

I'll make presets for my two favorite PvP specs: PvParagon and 44/32 Lib/Warchanter hybrid.
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 05-13-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Telaran

Thank you for this contest. I am very much looking forward to checking out some new specs!

Ohh, I'm going to do one for Frostkeeper .

Here's an update to my Fire Hunter Preset

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Quick aside, I think it'd be nice if every support preset also linked to THIS along with all the other information the person creating the preset provides only to ensure that people using support presets are shown how their important buffs/debuffs interact with the other supports.
    I link to it in my BM guide, which I'm linking to in my preset, but I think it's a bit overwhelming if the preset links directly to the stacking info immediately.

Beastmaster preset.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Redid Pally and VK:

Pally

VK

Note; Disqualified for contest.
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 05-25-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Telaran

I was told we wanted some PvP Presets.

Here's my Thunderous Warlord PvP Preset.

I have three submissions, all of which are updates to the existing presets that I submitted last time around:

Bladestalker soloing build preset

Riftstalker tanking preset

61 Bladedancer preset

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast