+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Preset Builds Contest - ENTER HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Fire View Post
    This is really very arrogant. The presets are intended to "jog people's imagination". They are not intended to be a forum for "my build is the best".

All my characters have custom builds for every role and every character.

I've played RIFT since the day the game went live. My wife still has the character she created that day. I deleted my original character because I had problems with how I understood the game. Two days later, I created "Augsburg". She still works. She is still tough. And she fits my way of playing the game.

And that's the key; how do I play the game?

You have your style; I have mine. For me to tell you how to create your character is the ultimate arrogance and pride. I don't know how you understand the game. I don't know what you want your character to do. How can I create a "build" for a character for someone else?

All of my characters are "self-healers". None of my characters depend on having a "Healer" to keep them alive. That's how I play the game. My self-healing Tank has been able to solo Akvan Matriarchs since she was a level 63. If you have a Warrior Tank non-self-healing build that can do that, I would love to see it.

I bet that at the same time you wonder why no one wants to do Dungeons, Raids and Warfronts with you, right?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Shadowlander

This is really very arrogant. The presets are intended to "jog people's imagination". They are not intended to be a forum for "my build is the best".

All my characters have custom builds for every role and every character.

I've played RIFT since the day the game went live. My wife still has the character she created that day. I deleted my original character because I had problems with how I understood the game. Two days later, I created "Augsburg". She still works. She is still tough. And she fits my way of playing the game.

And that's the key; how do I play the game?

You have your style; I have mine. For me to tell you how to create your character is the ultimate arrogance and pride. I don't know how you understand the game. I don't know what you want your character to do. How can I create a "build" for a character for someone else?

All of my characters are "self-healers". None of my characters depend on having a "Healer" to keep them alive. That's how I play the game. My self-healing Tank has been able to solo Akvan Matriarchs since she was a level 63. If you have a Warrior Tank non-self-healing build that can do that, I would love to see it.
    You might be in the wrong game genre then, i would like to see you tank a raid with your self-healing tank. Those presets are ment to take the full potential of the role you are playing. Since this is an MMO (Multiplayer) it consist of having a group of players 1 tanking, that means your tanking class needs to have as much "tankiness" as possible wich can only be achived by maximizing your points in tanksouls. A healer in your group that has the potential to keep you alive. I mean of course there are some tank builds wich help the healers, but you can't be an tank and a healer at the same time.

The people writing those guides are pros in taking the best out of the spec, in the end i would rather do my job as a tank in a raid and survive, instead of healing myself.
    Last edited by jojof13; 05-17-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    Gildian@Gelidra

Invictus
    8/9
    4/4CoA NM

Ascendant

Rogue single target DPS build.

Dancing Serpent aka Assdancer
    Last edited by haybale; 05-18-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Ruiner - 40Runeshaper/36Druid/0Inquisitor - Runeshaper hybrid leveling/ soloing build.

RuneFury - 61Runeshaper/12Shaman/3Inquisitor - 61Runeshaper
    Last edited by Killerloose; 05-22-2016 at 01:36 PM.

The Terramancer

58 Archon Build for Best Ranged ST Archon DPS
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

Soulwalker

Default Frozen Defender

Uses all the DLC souls, but I found that's what it needed really.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Default Cavalier (Warrior Soloing Build)

Since returning I've been messing around with a swash-buckling build for soloing and questing that I call the cavalier. It's not great, but does have potential.
    16 Warlord/44 Paragon/16 Champion
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Geopenguin; 05-24-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    Beware the Penguin...

My self-healing Tank has been able to solo Akvan Matriarchs since she was a level 63. If you have a Warrior Tank non-self-healing build that can do that, I would love to see it.
    Of course people don't have that.

But that's the thing-- tanks aren't designed to solo. They're designed to work in tandem with a healer. Soloing an Akvan Matriarch isn't a useful metric, because Akvan Matriarchs do laughably low damage compared to dungeon and raid bosses. Take that self-healing tank spec into content that's tuned for real tank specs, and the boss will turn you into chunky salsa in one or two hits-- your minimal self-healing won't get the chance to do any work when an enemy is capable of taking you from full to dead in under five seconds.

Creativity is all well and good, but effectiveness is also important. Do you put diesel into your non-diesel car just to be unique?

New Mage preset Spiritwalker for people leveling.

Rift Chaser

Figured Phys-Tact should be a preset, so

Here

Set the minimum level to 12 as I think it can do fine in low level dungeons/IAs whatever. Doesn't really shine in group healing until level 45. Hoping to get a guide up geared towards newer people / those leveling, but I'm not sure it'll be done by the deadline.

If your still working on a guide for your preset you might as well post the unfinished guide now so you can still it link in the preset.

Instead of waiting on both until they are completed and missing the deadline.

Here is my ranged sin spec (cuz melee hard)

It's basically Nb/Sin but with hidden veil so slip away doesn't break from DoTs.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...nAlaCQaEg|X_P0

Default ..

Apologies for this, but may I squeeze in another entry within the next hour or two? I've had super-busy week and I only heard of the contest a few days ago :c

EDIT: Actually, never mind.
    Last edited by DOOMSPECTRE; 05-20-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Cleric Runeshaper build - Chaplain

Here's a Cleric build that I like to call The Chaplain

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...dQM/edit#gid=0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast