The below are in addition to previously posted sets of notes on PTS!
See previous in-progress note sets here:
1.8 In-Progress Set #4 - 4/11/12
* New Chronicle daily quests are now offered. These can be picked up at Raj Tahleed in Meridian or Abbess Katia in Sanctum.
* The Treasure UI now displays on the right side of the screen by default, beneath the Rift progress meter.
* Fixed a rare bug that could leave characters locked after transferring shards.
* Raid Assistants can now Ready Check through the right-click character menu, just like Raid Leaders.
* Daily and Weekly quests on offer should no longer change after a shard-only restart.
* When joining an Instant Adventure group in far away lands not yet discovered by your character, you can now respawn at appropriate local graveyards - not back at Meridian or Sanctum.
* Fixed Killing Spree and Blood Thirsty consuming each other when both were active.
* Fixed taunt abilities like Provoke causing linked NPCs in a group to not aggro with the target.
* Focus targets now persist if you move out of view of the target - also if the target is a friendly player and they die.
* Focus Target now displays proper health percentages if you have that option enabled.
* Area of Effect abilities should no longer affect companion pets.
* Fixed an issue causing NPCs to rarely not face the target of their ability while casting.
* Added a new option under Settings, "Recast Ground Channels", which is off by default. Turning this option on will allow you to interrupt your ground-targeted channeled spells (like Pyromancer's Fire Storm) with a second cast and target area selection for the same spell.
* Fae Step: Now actually off of global cooldown.
* Gathering of Ancestors: When cast on someone under the effect of Spiritual Conflagration or Rite of the Ancestors, will no longer give them the blocking debuff without the beneficial effect.
* Restorative Flame: No longer suffers from casting pushback.
* Healing Invocation: No longer suffers from casting pushback.
* Healing Communion: Now heals for less in PvP.
* PTS NOTE: Reverted the stacking restrictions on Soothing Stream and Healing Flood.
* Soothing Stream: Now heals for less in PvP.
* Healing Flood: Now heals for less in PvP.
* Healing Spray: Now heals for less in PvP.
* Deluge: No longer suffers from casting pushback.
* Fixed line of sight requirements on Cascade, Orbs of the Tide, and Orbs of the Stream.
* Healing Flood: No longer overwrites itself on targets that already have the effect. Now attempts to find other targets not under the effect of Healing Flood nearby.
* Toggled abilities, such as Internalize Charge, no longer cause Opportunity to proc.
* Opportunity: Now has a 1-second internal cooldown.
* Eradicate: No longer has a 'travel' delay between use and hit.
* Electrified Munitions: Damage now scales with Attack Power.
* Shadow Guard: Now reduces Physical damage taken by 3-15%.
* Zardonis' Riftstalker Crystal: 2-piece bonus: Functionality changed - now increases maximum health by 5%.
* Due to the below changes, character roles with soul points spent in Saboteur have received a free respec for that role.
* Combined Arms - Functionality Changed: Now only takes a single point. Your Fragmentation Bomb detonates all Charges on the primary target. Existing Combo Points on the target trigger Shrapnel Bomb, dealing Physical damage to surrounding enemies.
* Demolition Specialist - Functionality Changed: Now only takes a single point. Your Annihilation Bomb detonates all Charges on the primary target. Existing Combo Points on the target trigger Shrapnel Bomb, dealing Physical damage to surrounding enemies.
* Shrapnel Charges are now removed when a character resurrects while in PvP.
* Improved Chemical Bomb - New Ability: Available at 20 points. Increases the damage of Chemical Bomb by 15-30%.
* Improved Entangling Trap: Moved from availability at 20 points to 15 points.
* Warrior attacks deal slightly lower damage in PvP at level 50.
* Fixed a bug causing Reaver's Enraged Essence to appear to co-exist on a target with Beastmaster's Enraged Companion.
* Fierce Strike: Fixed the incorrect border on this buff as well as a typo in the tooltip.
* Flesh Rip: Will properly remove itself from the reactive ability UI when used.
* Primal Rage: No longer gives you the buff if your target has no Bleed effects, but will still consume a cooldown.
* Enraged Companion: Should now properly grant the buff to your entire Raid. Protective Companion should always be removed.
* Destroyer's Bearing: Grants an Attack Point on Elemental or Physical damage-type Finishers 100% of the time. Bonuses from Intense Training now increase damage for Physical-based attacks only. In summary, Destroyer's Bearing: Grants 1 Attack Point on all finishers, grants 35% damage bonus to Elemental-type attacks, and 50% damage bonus to Physical-type attacks.
* Sweeping Strikes: Removed the Life-damage portion of this ability, and increased Physical damage dealt.
* Way of the Wind and Deadly Grace can no longer trigger Burst abilities.
* Blood Fever: Fixed a calculation that caused Blood Fever to deal higher damage than intended. Reduced the amount of damage Blood Fever deals in PvP.
* Icy Burst: Has a 4 second cooldown.
* Rift Surge: Fixed a calculation that caused Rift Surge to deal higher damage than intended. Tooltips should also now be consistent on this ability and effects.
* Enhanced Burst: Now properly increases effect above rank 1.
* Residual Absorption: Duration reduced to 0.5-1 second.
* Spell Breaker: Fixed a bug causing this to remove more effects than indicated.
* Rift Tap: Fixed a calculation that caused Rift Tap to deal higher damage than intended.
* No Permission to Die: Fixed a bug with the tooltip reporting incorrect durations.
DUNGEONS, SLIVERS, RAIDS, and CHRONICLES
HAMMERKNELL: RUNES OF CORRUPTION [Chronicle]
* The zone quest now completes after defeating the Rune King and Prince Dollin to fix a case where the quest would remain non-completed. The King and Prince's loot chest now appears in the Throne Room.
* Estrode: Fixed Flaming Breath ignoring the effect of absorption shield.
* When Silenced or Disarmed in PvP, you now see a Silenced! or Disarmed! message immediately in scrolling combat text.
* Many item effects and Essences have had their healing efficiency reduced in PvP combat.
* Fixed an edge case where you could sometimes enter a Warfront while dead.
* Sheepish Concoction and Scotty's Sheeping Wand can no longer be used in Warfronts.
* Rogue defensive Essences have been added to Earth and Fire Planar Merchants in Sanctum and Meridian.
* New crafting daily quests are available for characters with 300 skill!
* Skinning now counts properly toward Achievements for harvesting.
COMMANDS AND MACROS
* You can once again successfully invite players to private chat channels.
* Addon-style '@' specifiers in Macros are now supported even if Addons are disabled game-wide.
* Players who are not party leaders can now recommend people to be invited to the group by using the /invite command or right clicking the desired person's portrait and selecting 'Recommend Invite'.
* Added some more details to the confirmation box that shows after copying a character to the PTS.
* Scrolling combat text now displays details for Absorbed damage.
* In addition to the gold casting bar, non-interruptible abilities now have a fancy spiky cast bar frame.
* Tooltips for crafted and augmented first-on-shard items now display correct stats.
* Planar Attunement Rest-bonus experience once again displays properly in the combat log.
* Added Friends Online and Guild Online UI to the menu button tray that displays how many of your friends and guild members are currently online. It can be moved via Layout Editor.