RIFT 1.2 - Spoils of War
* New Looking for Group tool to form Dungeon, Rift, and Quest groups with other interested players on your shard!
* Along with Looking for Group, Expert Dungeons have undergone a general balance pass and reward improvement.
* Brand new Wardrobe slots allow you to customize the appearance of your character and even save whole outfits to swap between.
* Added the option to purchase a fifth Role from your Calling trainer!
* Discover Slivers - a glimpse into an alternate Telaran reality - that pose challenges geared toward 10-person Raid groups.
* Increased rewards for PvP play and Warfronts, including improved gear and better Favor and Prestige rewards.
* New Crafting Rifts offer additional ways to obtain materials and crafting skill-specific Plaques!
* Use RiftConnect to easily manage options for the various social networks you can integrate with RIFT.
* Many, many additional changes below!
* You may now purchase a 5th role at your Calling trainer!
* Reduced Auction House deposit prices by about 25%.
* Added weekly quests to Meridian and Sanctum to obtain a random Expert Rift lure.
* Corrupted coins on the ground in Meridian now behave properly.
* You can now use social emotes, even with a partial name match, to display your emote at another player in target range regardless of whether you actually have that player targeted. (ex: /wave Joe to wave at Joebob, even if you have Mary targeted.)
* Those who managed to sneak behind enemy lines and complete the introductory artifact collections inside Meridian or Sanctum now have a special reward coming their way!
* To make Artifact set collecting more fun for more Artifact hunters, rarity rates have been tuned to be less extreme between common and rare Artifacts. We'll be keeping an eye on this through future updates to see if the rates need another boost.
* Artifacts for the Guardian version of the introduction quest for artifact hunting no longer have a sell value.
* Mana and Health potion drop rates from mobs have been reduced. They can still be purchased from your friendly local Apothecary friend or Auction House!
* Markers for completed quests will now always appear on the main map regardless of whether they are currently being tracked in quest stickies.
* 'Discover' quest objectives will no longer increment while a character is dead.
* Characters can no longer accumulate multiple daily quests from the same category (i.e. multiple Outfitter dailies) in their quest journals.
* Daily quest on offer for a particular day now stay the same before and after a shard restart.
* For quests requiring you to kill level-appropriate targets, tooltips for mobs of too low level will no longer indicate that they will count for the quest.
* You now receive an alert message when reaching a currency cap on your character (ex: Planarite).
* Currency caps are now shown on the character sheet.
* Potentially fixed player armors randomly changing color!
* If the last leader-ranked member of a guild is removed due to trial player restrictions, a new leader will automatically be selected.
As a part of the Looking for Group release, there have been a number of updates to instances and item rewards – See below for details!
LOOKING FOR GROUP
* You can now use the new Looking for Group tool to queue for Dungeons, Rifts, or group quests with other players on your server!
* The Looking for Group icon has been added to the main menu tray in the lower left corner of the screen, and can also be opened with the default shortcut key 'I'.
* Select from the group roles available to you based on the roles you currently have saved on your character.
* Queue for specific dungeon or expert dungeon groups, or join the random dungeon queue. Once a group is formed, members will be teleported to the chosen dungeon zone.
* Rift and quest groups formed through the Looking for Group tool are not automatically teleported.
* Queue for group quests currently in your or your party members' quest journals from anywhere in the world and find others also looking to complete these quests!
* Additional rewards are granted for completing a random dungeon through the Looking For Group tool - these can be gained up to seven times per week but are not restricted in number per day, so you can do as many or as few as you like each day of the week up to the weekly cap. Save them all up for one day or spread them out; your choice!
* Additional restrictions based on gear also apply to forming groups for tier 1 and 2 Expert Dungeons through this tool.
* Dungeon Daily quests are now part of the 'Random Dungeon' options on the LFG tool.
* You must wait 10 minutes after your LFG tool party forms before being able to vote-kick a member.
* Players vote-kicked from an LFG group will be prevented from being picked again for re-queues by that group for 15 minutes. Players put on ignore will not be selected for your group ever.
* Players waiting for a group through LFG cannot be joined via public grouping or group merging while in the queue. Players in the LFG queue will drop out of it if they choose to join a public group or invite others into their group themselves.
* If a player has to leave an LFG group mid-dungeon, the group leader will have the option to use the LFG tool to automatically search for a replacement to continue the instance.
* Expert Dungeon Plaque of Achievement items have all received a power upgrade. If you already have these items, they will be boosted as well!
* Expert Dungeon final bosses are now guaranteed to drop an Epic item. No more finishing the dungeon and getting nothing but Rare items for the whole run. Epic items still have a chance to drop from the rest of the bosses in the zone.
* Some items have been weeded out of the Expert Dungeon drop tables that were very similar to others so you are more likely to see a wide variety of drops. Additionally, some items now drop from different bosses in order to spread out the range of drops available per fight.
* Your instance and raid lockouts are now displayed on a new Instances tab in the Character window.
* As we all know, Telara’s universe is comprised of a myriad of planes and realities that all intersect with each other and with Telara at seemingly random angles and times.
* A “Sliver” is a place where a thin slice of another reality can be seen intersecting with our Telara.
* Some of these slivers are places where planar conflicts may have already been won or lost. Help set things right in other realities, or protect our own from their influence!
* The Planar Goods merchants in Meridian and Sanctum now sell the ascended power to view slivers - Omen Sight for Guardians and Quantum Sight for Defiants.
* These new abilities allow you to see things others might not be able to see, and potentially lead to the discovery of the entrance to Gilded Prophecy, a raid instance intended for 10 players.
* Wardrobe slots are now available for you to customize your character's look!
* All characters have access to the first wardrobe set (all armor slots) at level 1.
* Additional purchaseable wardrobe sets will allow you to save and swap multiple outfits quickly.
* You can only equip armor in Wardrobe Slots of the appropriate type for your calling - Plate for Warriors, Leather for Rogues, etc.
* Additional clothing items will be available in the future, including from new Clothier vendors in Sanctum and Meridian.
* A wardrobe set's icon can be dragged onto ability bars to create a shortcut for quickly changing your character's outfit (similar to Role icons on ability bars).
* Costume versions of character starting clothes have been added to Clothier merchants in Meridian and Sanctum.
* Cosmetic hat items have been converted to costume items so they can be equipped in Wardrobe slots.
* The optional social network integrations in RIFT have been combined and expanded under the heading 'RiftConnect'.
* Settings for Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube can now be accessed via a button on the lower left corner of the patcher as well as the Settings menu in-game.
* Facebook sign-in status can only be changed from the game patcher.
* In-game recorded video now has options for Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook sharing.
* The commands used to post updates from in-game are:
- Facebook: /fb, /fbpic
- Tumblr: /tumblr, /tumblrpic
- Twitter: /tweet, /tweetpic
- To send out to everything you're currently logged in to: /blast, /blastpic