Rift 1.1 - 3/30/11
== FEATURED ==
* The Endless Court launches an unprecedented invasion of Telara. Check out WORLD EVENT below for event details!
* In-game video can now be recorded as well as posted on YouTube! Read more under VIDEO CAPTURE.
* You can now report AFK teammates in Warfronts. Check out PVP/WARFONTS for details.
* Rift events no longer track player contribution against other players. See below under RIFTS AND INVASIONS for more.
* Leaders of merged groups now have the option to Unmerge Group through their portrait menu.
* Many quest fixes below under individual ZONES.
* The Endless Court invades Telara! This worldwide event for all present-day Telara zones and level ranges culminates in the opening of the River of Souls raid zone.
* Events and rewards are available for characters of all levels!
* The new World Event UI keeps you up-to-date on current and future event progress. Check it out to see where your server stands in the fight against the Plane of Death.
* Quest starters in Meridian and Sanctum offer currency rewards for special vendors, including limited-time items only available during this event.
* You can record video through RIFT up to 3 minutes in length. If you add a YouTube account through the Settings menu, RIFT will automatically upload videos to that account!
* Type /record or press CTRL+Y to start recording. Use it again to stop!
* Small icons next to the minimap show when video is recording and encoding.
* Once encoding is complete, you will have the option to upload if you have attached a YouTube account.
* After merging your group with another public group, you can now un-merge it! Look for the menu option to Unmerge Group if you were the party leader of a group that has been merged.
* Exposed now reduces movement speed by 6% per stack, rather than increasing damage taken.
* There are now Raid Rift daily quests! See Abbess Katia in Sanctum or Raj Tahleed in Meridian. These award Inscribed Sourcestone which you can use to buy all sorts of cool things.
* Fixed the loot bug where only the tank could get mob loot.
* All artifact nodes now have a consistent 1.5 second gathering time.
* You can now accept a quest on behalf of your guild even if your personal quest log is full.
* Guild members cannot be promoted while offline.
* If a group disbands after killing a mob with loot that would otherwise trigger a roll, that loot is now free-for-all.
* Angelic Flight and Mighty Leap will not interrupt movement when used (auto-run or holding down a movement key).
* Fix for quickly opening a series of clickable loot (such as geodes for gems) with auto-loot that would occasionally result in lost items.
* Server Announcements now stay on-screen for twice as long.
* Fixed multiple status updates going to Twitter during important discoveries.
RIFTS AND INVASIONS
* Rift events no longer track player contribution against other players. You are checked for participation in the event and given rewards appropriately. It's still important to participate in as many stages of a Rift or event as possible to receive the best rewards.
* A large number of new Essences have been added to merchants in Meridian and Sanctum for purchase with Inscribed Sourcestones.
* Tweaked cooldown times between zone events.
* Fixed some instability with Wardstones disappearing when a large mob population is nearby.
* Planar Charges are no longer consumed immediately when starting to cast an ability. They are consumed when the effect actually takes place -- no more wasted charges on an interrupted cast.
* Killing Spree and Blood Thirsty use the proper perk tokens now.
* The following perks will now properly show the description/tooltip values associated with them: Lucky Penny, Call of the Ascended, Journeyman, Foe Hunter, Cache Finder, and Rift Extraction.
* Journeyman no longer always shows in the buff bar.
* Epic quests now award Achievements and titles at key advancement points. These are granted retroactively so if you already completed portions (or all!) of the epic questline, you will receive these on login.
* The conclusion to the Saga of the Aelfwar is now obtainable.
* The epic questline updates for Greenscale's Heart and Death Corruption Sample are now granted for only one raid member per Greenscale kill.
* The Saga of the Endless: Darkblade's Terror will now properly update.
* The Peacemaker: Disguise step no longer required. Defiants can still get to hide in the bushes!
* The Peacemaker: Disguise items for this quest have been removed following the quest re-work to no longer require them.
* Updated the tooltip description text for Attack Power and Spell Power in the character sheet.
* Effects subject to diminishing returns will now also use diminished durations on player pets.
* 'Immune' scrolling combat text no longer appears on characters in stealth.
* Player tracking abilities no longer proc trinket effects.
* Fixed a bug causing some Soul abilities to be inappropriately blocked when respawning after a death.
* Occasionally NPCs would be unable to attack stealthed players. Not anymore!
* Increased the amount of Armor on Cloth items.
* PvP Combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast – they will still land if a target moves behind you while casting is in progress.
* Warriors: The following abilities have been changed to fix an issue where the character could use them and die before they actually triggered, making it seem like they missed: Touch of Life, Master of the Abyss, No Permission to Die, Rift Shield, and Predictable Movements.
* Warriors: Taunts now continue cooldown timers while logged out.
* Mages: Reduced pushback on all non-healing Mage spells.
* Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities.
* Clerics: All cleric Cleanses should now properly remove associated effects.
* PvP Souls: The cooldown for Break Free has been reduced to 2 minutes. Improved Break Free now reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds per point spent.
* Rune Shield: Now has a 60 second cooldown. Fixed multiple issues with this ability so it now works as described.
* Exhilaration: Now only triggers on damaging or healing Critical Hits. Mana procs will appear correctly in the combat log.
* Ashen Defense: No longer counts as a mage armor buff and will stack with other mage armors.
* Consuming Flames: Now a 6-point root ability. No longer deals damage to the caster and can be cast on yourself as well as other friendly targets. Now absorbs a set amount of damage and has multiple ranks.
* Power In Numbers: Corrected the second rank so it will affect aura buffs.
* Procs from Surging Flare, Volcanic Bomb, and Earthen Barrage now affect allies within 35 meters of the caster.
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Bard have received a free soul point respec.
* Invigorated Soul, Coda of Restoration: Now affects up to 5 targets.
* Using Verse of Fascination or Verse of Captivation now turns off auto-attack, since these effects break on damage.
* Verse of Fascination is now tagged correctly as a Mesmerize effect. It can now be removed by abilities that clear Mesmerizes and will not affect enemies that are immune to them.
* Motif of Tenacity: Now unlocked at 12 points.
* Anthem of Defiance: Now unlocked at 18 points.
* Motif of Regeneration: Now unlocked at 24 points. Now casts on the Bard and heals up to 10 raid or group members nearby with each tick. Uses smart healing to select targets – those with the lowest health of available targets nearby.
* Anthem of Fervor: Fixed tooltip so the cost reduction is shown correctly when points are spent in Street Performer. Also fixed the cost reduction not being applied correctly to raid members when points are spent in Street Performer.
* Flesh Rip: Will now properly show up in the reactive ability UI when your pet critically hits. Fixed an issue where this was gaining weapon damage to each tick of the bleed effect. Base damage reduced.
* Backhanded Blow: Now correctly triggers global cooldown. Fixed a bug causing Rank 3 to do 20% more damage than intended. Base damage reduced. Corrected Power cost on ranks 2 through 8 to cost the proper 25 Power.
* Slashing Strike: Fixed a bug where this ability was doing the damage of a single target ability. The damage has been reduced to match other cleave-style abilities.
* Fight as One: The benefits gained from Fight as One have been reduced to 5-15% for Hit, Critical Hit, and Damage. This ability has been taken off of global cooldown.
* Diversion Strike: Increases Critical Hit chance of the Beastmaster and their pet by 5% instead of 10%. Damage lowered.
* Tenacious Wounds: Now increases bleed damage by 2-4% instead of 3-6%.
* Feral Sweep: Resolved a bug where this was dealing extra damage on each tick of the Bleed effect. Base damage lowered.
* Tearing Slash, Fierce Strike: Damage lowered.
* Protective Companion: Fixed a bug where the armor bonus from Protective Companion was not being applied for ranks 2 through 5. Corrected the armor bonus from Protective Companion remaining on the Beastmaster after their pet was killed or dismissed.
* Protective Companion caused Companion's Bite to debuff the target's damage. This ended up not working as hoped, and the ability has been changed to a buff for the pet that reduces the damage they take by 2% per Bleed effect on the target, up to a maximum of 5 (10% damage reduction).
* Combat Culmination: Ability will not break stealth when it triggers.
* Nebulous Haze: Now increases cast time by the 20% advertised on the tooltip.
* Decay: Lurking Decay will now always trigger, even if Obliterate or Tyranny kills the enemy outright.
* Debilitating Strike: Made the tooltip for the debuff from this ability more clear.
* Titan's Strike: Damage has been lowered and the stun has been reduced to 1-3 seconds, down from 1-5 seconds.
* Mark of Extermination and Mark of Inevitability: Will now cause the target to attack.
* Bull Rush: Fixed a bug where this ability could root boss mobs.
* Withering Vines: Increased the amount healed.
* Livegiving Veil: Now affects up to 5 targets.
* Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%.
* Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%.
* Priest's Lament: The primary debuff on this ability is no longer affected by diminishing returns. The silence proc debuff is still affected.
* Haunting Pain: Will only trigger on the first tick of damage from a damage shield.
* Mana Wrench: Now drains 4% of the target's max mana per second, capped at 4% of the *caster's* maximum mana, returns 4% of the caster's maximum mana per second, and has a 25 second cooldown. The damage and energy drain portions of the spell are unchanged.
* Improved Mana Wrench: Now increases the mana drained and returned by Mana Wrench by 0.5% and reduces the cooldown on Mana Wrench by 5 seconds per point spent.