+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 109 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How Old Are You in MMO Years?

Hey!

Lets think here...I think i have been playing MMOs since 2005 (I Just Turned 18) so yeah since i was about 13.
    Here is the list:

Runescape (Browser MMO)
    Vanguard (This was my largest Investment of Time)
    EQ2
    Star Trek Online
    Aion
    EVE Online

Nice thread, fun looking at what most of you older people have played =P

Soulwalker

Lets see...

I started on the Baja Shard of Ultima Online in Jan of 1998. That began my addiction and what would, many years later, become a career!...

From Ultima Online my list is as follows. I either tested or played all of these games at some point:

All Ultima Online Expansions

Horizons: Empire of Istaria

WISH (canceled during beta)

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

EverQuest 2

Guild Wars

World of Warcraft (all expansions)

Lord of the Rings Online (All expansions)

Age of Conan

Warhammer Online

I am looking to increase that list with Aion, Rift, Star Trek, Star Wars and a few others when time permits. Back in the early early days, most people didn't believe I was a female gamer!

Well my husband started playing EQ in 2000 and I used to watch his trials and tribulations as a newbie barbarian rogue (who later came to an icy demise never to be seen again) and decided I could do better so made my first character - a gnome warrior. A year later husband left, EQ stayed and I have been playing it ever since albeit in a pretty casual way.
    Tried and quite liked EQ2 but it got a bit samey, really wanted to like LOTRO but neither that nor WOW held my attention. Had high hopes for Vanguard...no need to elaborate there.

So in mmo years I am almost 10 and hoping Rift sees me at least into my teens

Default Short and sweet

My list is relatively short, but goes back a few years...

Ragnarok Online (started in 2003)

WoW

Runes of Magic

That's all I got!
    Psypher
    TASC Guild
    Want to know more about TASC? Click here!

Actually, the first online game I ever played wasn't an MMO... I played a lot of solo games that didn't involve online gaming before then. I started with Pong. *yes, I am old*

When Netscape ruled the internet, I played their little game where you owned a cloud, and tried to take over your neighbor's cloud by building bridges to their cloud and capturing their priest. Forget the name, but it was the first time I didn't have to dial in to someone else's computer to playagainst another real person. It was also the first time I remember having to choose "servers".

After that, I bounced around until I found EQ about 6 months after it came out.

After EQ I discovered GW and was loyal there for years. I still play on occasion when I wax nostalgic.

I have never played WoW and don't know the first thing about it, so I will probably ask nub questions about it when folks reference it.

I have played PWI,Aion, a couple of nameless "wizard 101" games (as a previous poster called them) and have been searching for a new home. If everything I am reading about Rift happens the way they planned, I have found it.

My first MMORPG was Dark Age of Camelot, which I started playing a few weeks after its release. I've been playing MMOs since I was 14, which is now nearly 10 years ago.

Runescape(didn't have a credit card, and it was free when I played)
    EQ2 (game cards and it was fun for a while. I think I was a little to sidetracked by other stuff to give it a fair chance. Loved my swashbuckler though. Walk the Plank!)
    WoW( meh )
    Lineage 2 ( could possibly be the best game ever if it didn't have bots, maybe a little grindy )
    RF Online ( fun group PvP...thats it)
    WAR ( meh )
    Ragnarok ( free servers, sorry its far to old to acutally pay for, game itself is amazing. If they ever remake it to new age graphics ,NOT RAGNAROK 2, it will own all others. I still play this one ;).)
    Aion ( It was pretty and fun for a few months. I could never get a group to get my last advanced stigma damn DP to hell.)

It seems longer when I spell it all out. Looking back I can't believe I played Runescape more then a few minutes.

Let's see...I started playing online with Isle of Kesmai

The first text-based commercial MMORPG (although what constitutes "massive" requires some context when discussing mid-1980's mainframes) was Islands of Kesmai by Kelton Flinn and John Taylor, which went live in 1984 at the cost of $12.00 per hour, offered via the CompuServe online service.

I've tried almost every mmorpg that has been published. My favorite games were EQ, WOW, EQ2 and LOTR....all for different reasons. I'm currently playing EQ2 because of the housing and collections. :P

yep, I'm old.

I started playing MMOs in 2003. My first one was Final Fantasy XI on the Playstation 2. I got my first character to level 75 with a 37 sub job class about 4 months after starting to play. After that, I took a break from MMORPGs for awhile and moved into a community wrapped around Battlefield 2. I played competitively for 3 years and then suddenly quit. After that, I started playing World of Warcraft. I started my own guild in 2007 and led them through Pre-BC. After Burning Crusade came out, I quit because the game lost it's touch. (In my own opinion of course) I got back into FFXI in 2008 and started leveling my other jobs to 75. I ended up having all jobs maxed to 75 except beastmaster, because it was really boring IMO. Anyways, then I went on a "try craze" and bought Age of Conan, which I ended up hating for two reasons. 1; I hated the combat system. 2; it ran like crude on my crappy little HP computer. Now adays, I browse upcoming MMORPG forums, such as this one. I also visit the Old Republic forums from time to time.

Soulwalker

Default Hard to remember

Besides game or what was referred to as Mud's,
    LotRD (Lord of the Red Dragon)
    Tradewars (a classic and still have a server for my grand kids to play)
    I could go on but hard to remember the names

Starting with UO (Ultima Online)
    and continueing to recient game Aion and next one will be Rift.

I think I have played all the games that came out in the fantasy realm. I haven't seen one listed that I have not played.
    UO 5 years
    EQ 7 Years
    EQ2 3 years
    AC 3 years
    DAoC 5 years
    WoW 4 years
    Horizons (Still play occassionaly)
    Most of the other less then 3 years but at least a year or if less than a year because it was discontinued or never made it to full production.
    Last edited by Mzirad; 06-24-2010 at 10:05 PM.

I don't know how accurately I can answer this question. I used to play a variety of MUDs when I was an undergrad back in 1994-1998. As far as the games that others are familiar with today? Well, I guess my first true MMORPG was Lord of the Rings Online, which I started playing in mid-2007. From there, I joined in with the World of Warcraft crowd in/around late 2007 or 2008. From there, I joined Aion when it was released in 2009. And that's where I stand right now. Ones that I'm interested in when they're released include Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Rift: Planes of Telara and Tera. Some really exciting games coming out. So ... I guess getting back to the purpose of this thread, with my gaming experience (excluding the MUDs), I'd say that I'm 3 years old.

Bob

Well, uh, I guess my first was Runescape - didnt knew what MMO was!
    Later World of Warcraft where I met some really nice players who I still enjoy playing with, and then Aion for some months.
    2009/2010 Ive been trying out STO, Allods, RoM, Battle of the Immortals, DDO and a few others.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Shadows of Yserbius was my first MMO back in 1992-93.

Soulwalker

Well..... I first started playing a game called "Island of Kesmai" which was a text based game. After IoK was taken down I played "Legends of Kesmai" which was a 2D graphics version of IoK. I also played Drakkar for awhile and been playing ever since... so I guess I've been playing on-line games since the mid 80's. My first computer was an Atari 400 and as such I am not counting any of the very early MUD's which was on line at the time.

Shadowlander

I'm new to this whole "MMO" thing.
    Darph <Fires of Heaven>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 109 ... LastLast