+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How Old Are You in MMO Years?

Quote Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
    How Old Are You in MMO Years?
    Next month on September 25, 2010 (release date of UO) I'll be 13 MMO Years Old.

-CC

Quote Originally Posted by Yaladan View Post
    well lets see, Played EQ of course,did some Asherons and DAoC, Guild Wars some EQ2,Vanguard, DDO, AoC thats about the ones I really played, others I tried but not for long, just to get a taste.
    My first was Asheron's Call, after that EQ2 and then Vanguard, which I play now. I have tried many others, but those were the major games for me.
    "That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

Shadowlander

Messed around with some MUDs in the mid-1990's - Wheel of Time MUD and such - but never got into it seriously. Beta tested Ultima Online in 1997 and played for a while. Got into EQ in 1999 back pre-Kunark and played for many years. Beta tested EQ2 and made the switch over in 2004. Played some WoW, LOTRO, Aion and SWG. So, I would count my "age" at 13.

Some MUDing followed by EQ,EQ2,Vanguard,more EQ2, a brief flirtation with WOW (ended badly for both of us!) some more eq2 and now nothing, so in mmo age it makes me old enough to know better!

Soulwalker

I ask me to excuse, I did not watch time a little. (When you play, almost you do not notice, how it goes)
    I play for a long time. Somewhere with 1989. In the first ММО has started to play with 1995 (UO), and further on the accruing...

That most of all it is pleasant to me in online-games - their variety, possibility to win back a role of the character differently, using various ways to purpose achievement.
    Last edited by Dreyf; 08-12-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Started in 1999 with EQ on the Vallon Zek server.

Never stopped playing MMO's since but I can't find a game to enjoy as much as I enjoyed EQ. Currently playing Aion but it's boring the crap out of me.

Anyway, next to EQ I played WoW, Vanguard, EQ2, AoC, Darkfall, Aion.

Keeping an close eye on Rift.

Rift Disciple

Started playing MMOs in 97

Ultima Online
    Beta Eq1 (never played live)
    Beta DAoC and Live for a year or two
    Earth and Beyond
    AC2 a few months
    Age of Conan 1 month on release
    SWG for 1 month on release
    WoW for 1 month on release
    Sage of Ryzom a few months on release
    Guild Wars a few months on release
    EQ2 for the last few years.

UO is still my favorite EQ2 being a close 2nd. Saga of Ryzom had huge potential but failed to attract a large number of players and ended up as an example of how not to patch a live game when they broke all combat and refused to revert.

Default MMO Years Old

MMORPG Years Old (15 years total):

•The Realm (1995 to 1997)
    •UO (1997 to 1999)
    •EQ1 (1999 to 2001)
    •DAOC (2001 to 2004)
    •EQ2 (2004 to PRESENT)

I am almost 14 in MMO years. Started with UO beta and have been on the bandwagon since.(although the last 3 years ive played infrequebtly secondary to a lack of games that actually hold my attention

10 years. Fiest game is EQ =)

Default 7 years old.

I was reborn as an MMOer in 2003.

EQ was my first love. I have been looking for a place to call home since its fall. Maybe this will be the old school PvP haven I've been searching for!

I've played a lot of WoW, simply because it's all that's really viable right now (population-wise). But it's never been fulfilling. I've also played AoC; it was a major let-down, as was Vanguard.

Btw: I'm 20 irl.
    Last edited by Aeramis; 08-14-2010 at 08:43 PM.

I was introduced to my first MMO in 2006 EQ2. I have been playing it since with a break or 2 and now just recently returning to it. During my EQ2 yrs and in between, I have played and tried several MMO's-
    WoW- I don't really care for, but return time to time since my fiance truly enjoys it.

Aion- Closed and Open beta tested this game and subscribed. I loved the scenery, character creation, etc...gameplay was also enjoyable. I did play it on and off though since it lacked content imo, but I did truly enjoy it. Left before I was ready to due to a stupid hacker. I wasn't even close to having a max character either. /cry

LoTRO- played for about a month when it first came out. It was ok, but not for me.

AoC- Played closed and open beta and did subscribe for about a month. I had so much lag and I couldn't get into it.

Warhammer- Played for a few months. I really wanted to enjoy this game because of all the hype prior to release, but it just failed poorly.

GW- I tried it and hated it.

10-12yrs MMO old

Hmmm feel old reading alot of these posts

I started playing MMO's back in 1998-1999 through MUD's at university, the internet was still in its infancy and my first real jump into graphical MMO's was Ultima Online never really got into EQ as I then leap frogged to Dark Ages of Camelot

From there I bounced through the many buggy and annoying MMO's such as Anarchy Online, SWG and Eve Online

Eventually ending up where most do World of Warcraft and then left that after 2yrs to Age of Conan and Warhammer which both felt a let down and I believe I have been hunting for an MMO to settle in ever since, with work slowing down and no longer studying contributing to my inability to get really involved in an MMO again I feel now is a good time
    Last edited by Lonewolf; 08-15-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Soulwalker

6 yrs in mmorpg-s , I start mmorpg with 32years of rl

Lineage2 was my first mmorpg - 2004-2008
    Perfect World - 2007-2009
    Aion- 2009-2010
    Rift -2010-......

7 years pressing the keyboard in MMO's but started in 1983 with amstard oh what good memories.

DAOC
    EQ2
    SWG
    Vanguard Beta Test
    LOTR Online
    STO Beta Test
    Champion online Beta Test
    AOC
    Tabula Rasa Beta Test(RIP)
    Warhammer Beta Test
    Lineage 2
    Aion Beta Test
    Wow Beta Test
    Hellgate (RIP)
    DDO
    CoH
    Last edited by Nuzaan; 08-15-2010 at 09:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast