+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How Old Are You in MMO Years?

I'm with you on the EQ2 part, Airein. I quit soon after its launch and then returned once they released the PvP servers. I enjoyed its features a ton more then, from the voice acting and quests to the dungeons. The PvP was fun in my opinion, and as much as we all might say that we hated the fame system (PvP), I think we all liked it deep down inside of us.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
    My first MMO was The Realm.
    well, I DID PLAY IT ; I guess you and me are the only ones, that's 13 or 14 years ago ...

A wizard, I was member of a group of American (US and Canada) players (guilds did not really exist) Muse and Merriment.

So long ago ..
    then we switched to Everquest, then I went to a Euro server as I am Euro and for raids it is easier ...
    Now I've been in EQ2 since beginning. Splitpaw server (Ailees, wizard).

I Tried Vanguard, very nice, but boring after a few months, not enough money to write programs I guess.
    Not interested in WOW.

May be RIFT will give me new sensations ? I don't know, but description seems promising.

My first MMO was Ultima Online, back in 1998. Then I moved on to Asheron's Call 1, played in the beta in 99, and was there for the launch. Stayed with AC1 for seven years, then moved on to a host of other MMOs, none of which I stayed with for more than 1 year. The ones I can recall:

Ultima Online
    Asheron's Call 1
    Horizons
    Ryzom
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Runes of Magic
    Requiem: Bloodymare
    A few Asian MMOs ported to the NA market

I haven't played an MMO for a couple of years now, got jaded with the whole MMO concept, plus lack of time. But Rift: PoT might just pique my interest.

Although i'm in the older age bracket, I'm a youngin for MMOs. However since I picked up teh genre, I can't seem to stop enjoying them!

WoW - my first MMO 5 years ago
    AoC
    Aion
    LOTRO

Picked up EverQuest 1 on launch day in 1999 and played for about a year before RL took me away for the game. Came back to a split guild and decided to move on.

Played Anacrchy Online from launch in 2001 for about 2 years. Split from my guild to from my own and have been a guild leader ever since.

Moved on to Star Wars Online but that lasted only about a year.

Have been playing EverQuest 2 since launch on the Unrest server and continue to play today.

I flirted with Fallen Earth but that only lasted a couple of weeks.

So, I guess that makes me 11 in MMO years.

Rift Disciple

I posted this in the Introduce Yourself thread, but ... I'll go now:

I've been playing MMOs since '91 (BBS days, TW2002), then played on MUDs over telnet for many many years. I then went to Everquest when it came out and played that for about 3 years. I then went to EQ2 for awhile. I tried WoW and played for a few months but it got kinda dull so I'm back on EQ2 again.

So, I'm approaching the big '20' in MMO years.

Default Ancient Power Gamer

I am going to start showing my age. My first experience with a Fantasy world started with “ZORK” on a Commodore 64 in the early 80’s, Then I moved up to BBS’s with a 300 baud Modem (Yes, it was really 300 baud). I later ran a 3000+ active sub RoboBBS on a dual 28.8k Shotgun array of modems. With a modified Legend of the Red Dragon to play more like a MUDS.

Late 80’s I then started playing MUDS and I think that is when my first true obsession with the fantasy world really took off. I ran and coded many of them over the years and a couple are still up. I still occasionally stop by every now and then to reminisce. My first visual (non-ascii) MMO was Meridian 59. Which didn’t really hit it off like my next MMO UO. My first true Visual MMO that captured me like most was EQ1 which I played for 5 years. Now the list of the games I have played since. (Most may not be in order since I have played dabbled with most of the major MMO's on the market.)

My list from there:
    DOAC
    SWG
    City of Heroes (Beta and Live) (Still the smoothest MMO launch I have ever seen to date.)
    City of Villains
    EQ Online Adventures (PS2),(Alpha, Beta and Live)
    EQ2 (Alpha, Beta and live)
    WoW (Current game)
    Vanguard (Beta and Live)
    AoC (Beta and live)
    Aion
    LORTO (Alpha, Beta and Live)
    EVE
    Lineage 1
    Lineage 2
    Runes of Magic
    Ryzom
    Saga
    Requiem
    Guild Wars (Beta and Live)
    FFXI
    Asheron’s Call 1
    Asheron’s Call 2
    Anacrchy Online
    Free Realms
    Wizard 101 (Beta and Live)
    Atlantica Online
    Warhammer
    Tabula Rasa (Beta only)
    Darkfall (Beta Only)
    RF Online
    DDO (Beta and Live)
    Shadowbane
    Hellgate
    Diablo 1
    Diablo 2

I am sure there is a lot more, but I can’t remember all of them off the top of my head at this time. My primary MMO games I played over those years are EQ1,EQ2, WoW, COH, Guild Wars.
    Last edited by Kael; 07-29-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Fixed some typos from auto word correction

This is not directly speaking about games, but BBS : who was on FIDO net ? I've been a node for years (was it in early 90 ? dammit ... don't ask)

Soulwalker

oo Fun thread

Lets see started playing online 1999 November (good memory)

1. Ultima Online - home for so many years until VG came out

2. Vanguard (until its well we all know the its)

3. Aion :P brief

4. Conan - dont go there :P extremely brief waiting so badly for Rift.

Now 0

Were all eyes peeled waiting patiently

Hugs
    Moonie

Pleased to see a 60 year old post on here earlier in this thread, however mate, you can't claim to be the oldest 'silver surfer' in this forum, far as I know that goes to me at 64.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm a mad, mad gamer, having played many, many games, and as I retired early, I have many hours to play just what I choose.

Not in any order:-

Eve Online - learning curve frightened me at first, but once into it, I was hooked, 3 and a half years playing that game.

EQ2 - another great game I was introduced to by one of my Corps members from Eve, played for approximately 2 years.

WOW - tried it, found some fun but not enough to grab me and open my wallet.

AoC - pretty much the same as WOW.

LotRO - liked this game a lot at the start, but found groups hard to come by when required, even though I had joined a Guild, left after about 3 months.

AION - not impressed!

There are more, but allow a little leeway for this old chaps memory, needless to say I have spent many hours in front of my computer playing these fabulous games.

1) EQ for 5 years
    2) EQ2 for 3 months
    3) DDO for 3 months
    4) Vanguard private beta 2 before MS ditched it.
    5)Vanguard 3 months
    6)LOTR

EQ was great fun when you had a set of friends to log into every day.
    DDO was a fun game but no content.
    EQ2 lack of friends
    VG lack of friends, had a boat and a house.
    LOTR lack of friends but fun enough to pass the time with.

EQ2 3+ years with an 8 month break where friends tried to get me into WoW. but EQ2 is the game i loved hope Rift can be since the EQ2 I played may be history soon.

Soulwalker

5+ Years EQ2 and really looking forward to RIFT

Soulwalker

Oh where to start.

i started with eq1

linneage 2
    ragnarok
    eq2 - both closed and open beta
    WOW
    city of heroes
    doffus
    dungeons and dragons online
    guild wars
    aion
    vanguard

these of coarse are not in order of played just ones i can remember playing. currently i am back playing EQ2, Aion just couldn't hold my interest and WoW although fun i found it really hard to get back into.

i played daoc for about 4 years.. played eq for 1 year and played WoW a couple years but currently im not playing any mmo looking forward to Rift filling that empty mmo space i now have

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast