+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How Old Are You in MMO Years?

My first MMO was Runescape that a friend of mine introduced to me when we were at school, and after that my next MMO was World of Warcraft that me and another friend of mine had preorder and we started playing it the first day it came out and this was my first real MMO that i started playing serious. I think we homesicked from school 2 weeks or something when we first got it, and both of us was realy new into RPG games and had no realy clue what to do, we mostly ran around (Without quests and knowledge of what to do) randomly killing mobs and exploring and we both loved it. I was playing a Druid and my friend was a Rogue, and the funny thing was he as a rogue wanted all the intelligence/spirit gear and i took ye i dont know whatever didnt have int/spirit on them since none of us had a clue of what was good for us.

The time for us to reach 60 was insanely long time to go and we both played atleast 6 hours a day and whole weekends, but i think around level 20-30 something we realised that we should stay and complete quests in the npcs camps and that speeded up the level quite abit. And i think none of us realy did train for new skills when we could gotten them as we had no idea in the beginning where to go and the talents was just a mess and all points in one tree.

But since WoW released i spended all my spare time infront of the computer, After a month orso when my Druid had reached 60 i made a new character a Paladin and i continued making new characters and had a total of 8 lvl 60s before TBC was released. And my Priest was servers first level 60 and my Warrior was server first High Warlord. But then after a month of TBC i reached 70 and bought epic flying and did some instances and i then stoped playing WoW since TBC ruined the game. But i never stoped for real, i was still playing on a "private" server untill wotlk came. So i then started again when WOTLK came out and got bored after killing Lich King a couple of times and i have now sold my account for around 2 months ago.

But i also did play Vanguard on the day that released as a Warrior but i got nerfed after a while or so? and they removed some of my dps abilitys orso i cant realy remember what happend but something wich made me stop playing it.

I played the beta of Warhammer and then started with Warhammer the day of the release as a Witch Elf and played it alot aswell and was around 1-10 of server first to reach max level, it was boring i didnt realy have much todo since it was kinda lonely at high level, me and my brother tryed to solo some stuffs but then we made new characters and pvped much, made some dungeons with our main characters. But then we stoped playing.

And i started playing Lord of the Rings online beta and continued the day it released as a Hunter but i never reached max level, i was playing alone and never meet any friends and it got lonely at the end and i quited .

And when Age of Conan was announced i was realy excited and when i got into beta i got so sad since it was running so badly on my computer so i never started with AoC.

I also played beta of Aion and then played it for a while when it was released, but never got any huge time spender.

I have played many free to play mmo's aswell such as Allods, Flyff, Perfect World, BoI, Runes of Magic, Cabal and many others.

Theres most likely some MMO that i have missed to mention aswell.

And right now i dont play any MMO im just doing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 untill Rift comes out.
    Last edited by Ozon; 07-10-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Lord lets see here, well I consider my first RPG style game to be Dragon Warrior on our NES back when my Dad was playing it. As my first game with him (we still game together today as a way to keep in touch) it was so scary and exciting, dang those dark dungeons when I forgot a torch! After that it was more games on the NES/Super NES until:

Diablo (played multiplayer for a long time)
    UO (I always fell for the trapped boxes in someones 'supposedly' dropped loot)
    EQ (I seriously played a ranger for like 4 years, back when we were ONLY invited for snare and only if they didn't have a druid, ranger gate anyone?)
    Diablo 2
    SWG
    DAoC
    CoH
    WoW
    DDO
    Vanguard (test real represent!)
    AOC
    EQ2
    Warhammer
    Hellgate
    Eve
    LOTRO

I'm sure there are more and that order is probably totally off.

Default ugh.. old

I started playing MMO's (such as they were) in late 1995 with Meridian 59 (I was actually in their beta; I was [reeping ])eath back then, and yes that game let me use that as a name heh, hell I'm even in the manual. Probably the last PVP focused game I enjoyed.)

So from memory:
    Meridian 59 (I still owe Q an apology; he was trying to show me something cool in the arena, I kept trying to kill him instead since I was quite drunk)
    Everquest (and a little DAOC here and there, never stuck there long as PVP isn't my thing)
    The Realm (3 perm wrath anyone?)
    Anarchy Online
    EVE Online
    Asheron's Call (briefly)
    Horizons
    Final Fantasy XI
    City of Hereos / City of Villains
    Everquest 2
    World of Warcraft
    Dungeon Runners (Produced by the same guy (Stephen) as The Realm.. RIP DR as it was very fun/silly)
    Vanguard (such high hopes, so crushed)
    LOTR:O (lifetime sub... again so disappointed)
    Runes of Magic
    Age of Conan and Warhammer Online (I shoulda known these 2 wouldn't work out.. too much PVP for me)
    Champions Online
    AION

and through all that, my only active sub right now is to WoW... (well and lotro but heh its not even installed anymore) and I'm just tired of that game but I can't find anything to fill the gap. Rifts looks promising, here's to looking forward to open beta to take a peek ;)

Soulwalker

About 10 years for me. Sad I can't remember just how long or the order of the games, but here goes.

EQ1 about 4 years, loved it and still play sometimes.
    SWG's until game underwent horrible changes.
    DaoC great game.
    EQ2 on and off for years.
    Also dabbled in about everything else.
    WoW
    WHammer
    Lotro
    Vanguard
    Anarchy online
    I'm sure others I just can't think of atm but the ones on this list was the main ones.

It's time I make my list... around 9-10 years in all.
    • First got into MMO's from EQ, than to EQ2.
    • Started DAoC the day it came out, played that for long time.
    • Tried a few MMO's in between, Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage2, Runescape.
    • WoW beta came out, applied and got in. Played until the 2nd expansion which quickly left me bored and I quit for other games.
    • Took a break from MMO's for 2 years or so and played on battle.net/Wc3-Starcraft, until Warhammer Online beta came out. I have been playing that ever since until recently.
    • Now just waiting for a new MMO to come out, probably going to be playing around on Starcraft II for now... even if the new Real ID is highly annoying.
    Last edited by Paradosi; 07-09-2010 at 05:24 PM.

I have been gaming for 35+ years back when the WWW was non-existent and we dialed into bulletin boards to play MUD's and paid $10.00-$12.00 an hour. I remember The Realm and there really is not much I have not played.

Archmage
    Meridian 59
    UO
    EQ
    DAOC
    Horizons
    SWG
    WOW
    Shadowbane
    LOTRO
    EVE
    That's not even scratching the surface honestly and those are just some that come to mind. Been playing these types of games for so long that I am becoming burnt out on the same old grind and format. I really hope Rift delivers on all it's promises.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
    Douglas Adams

Late 2000 or early 2001, i was at my brothers apartment and he was playing Everquest. I was like, whoa, this is like DnD online. So I started playing the game.

List of games I played more the 30 days on:
    Everquest
    Everquest 2
    Star Wars: Galaxies (per NCU)
    Vanguard
    City of Villians
    Age of Conan
    Warhammer Online
    Lotro
    Star Trek Online

List of games I quit before the 30 day point:
    Anarchy Online
    Auto Assault
    Neocron
    Guildwars
    Eve
    Shadowbane

List of games I am currently watching:
    Rifts: Planes of Telara (of course)
    Star Wars The Old Republic
    Secret World

For MMO's:

played:
    Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot (My first real MMO love, PS- Go Hibernia!), EVE, Guildwars, City of Heroes/Villains, The Sims Online, WOW, Granado Espada, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Aion, Free realms

Worked on:
    Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, The Sims Online
    (Development) Warhammer Online [PQ creation, Quests, & Seasonal events], Rift [Rifts!, Quests, & other stuff]
    Last edited by Halvon; 07-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Default nothing special

Well ill never tell you my age lol cough old fart . but cant wait for a new age to start always on the look out for a new mmo
    nice to join this forum so ill see you guys around

Rift Team

Hello everyone! Lets see....

My first "MMO" was

Darkness Falls - 1996
    Darkness Falls: The Crusade
    EverQuest
    DaoC
    Horizons Beta
    Asheron's Call Beta
    Asheron's Call II Beta
    EverQuest II
    City of Heroes
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Guildwars
    Vanguard
    World of Warcraft
    Warhammer
    Aion
    Age of Conan

The ones in bold are the ones I actually played for any length of time. (2-7 years, depending on the game!) The rest I just dabbled in to check out and went back to the good games ;)
    14 yearsÖ..sheesh this thread makes me feel old!
    Michael Hansen
    Game Designer - Live Content

Rift Team

Letís see:

I got started in MMOís in the spring of 2000 with Everquest, just after the Kunark release. This is a slightly embarrassing story, but I started playing Everquest because of a girl. At the time I worked in a Wizards of the Coast store, and back then they had LAN systems in them. One of the games on the LAN was Everquest, and one of my coworkers used to play before/after her shift. I was, letís say, looking for ways to spend time with said coworker, so I figured Iíd give this EQ game a try. Things didnít work out with the girl, unfortunately, but I did join her guild and start a serious Everquest addiction.

About a year and a half later Dark Age of Camelot released and I picked it up. At the same time, I was looking for a fulltime job, and the Community Manager for Dark Age mentioned that they were hiring Customer Service. I happened to live in Northern Virginia, where Mythic is based, so I went ahead and sent them an application. I got the job, and ended up spending the next year and change working in customer service on Camelot.

I went back to school after that, and while in school I played a little bit of a lot of games: City of Heroes, Horizons, more Everquest, Jumpgate, Planetfall, Iím sure Iím forgetting some. I picked up World of Warcraft at release and played quite a bit of that (proud to say I didnít fail any classes because of WoW, though there might have been a test or two I could have done better on).

After graduation I got a job at Flying Lab Software, working on Pirates of the Burning Sea. Obviously I played a fair amount of Pirates as a result. FLS published through Sony Online Entertainment, and as a benny for the staff we all got free station passes. When I got that I gave a couple of games on the station pass a try: Vanguard, and Everquest 2 most notably. Not long after Pirates shipped FLS did some kids games, so I ended up trying a whole lot of free kids MMOs as ďcompetition research.Ē

This is my third week at Trion, and my new MMO is definitely Rift. Iíve put quite a bit of time into it already, and Iím really loving playing the [REDACTED]. Man, I just wait until you guys see the [REDACTED], theyíre so much fun!

-DrewC
    "Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will never die, but long after we are gone will be a living thing, asserting itself with ever-growing insistency. Remember that our sons and grandsons are going to do things that would stagger us. Let your watchword be order and your beacon beauty. Think big."

Daniel Burnham, Chicago architect. (1846-1912)

I think some of us may have crossed paths before from looking at everyones age on this thread lol

Soulwalker

My MMO List

* World of Warcraft 3 Years
    * Aion 9 Month
    * Age of Conan 2 Month
    * Everquest 1 Years
    * Everquest2 3 Month
    * Guildwars 9 Month
    * Lord of the Rings 2 Month
    * Warhammer 1 Years

Soulwalker

Default Been around a while

Wow trying to think ..
    EQ WAS FIRST AND WHERE I MET MY HUSBAND
    EQ2 AWESOME TILL THEY RUINED THE CRAFTING
    LotR
    SWG LOVED IT TILL THEY CHANGED THE CRAFTING
    DDO beta the original version hated it
    COH LOVE IT
    COV LOVE IT
    ANARCHY ONLINE TO CONFUSING AT THE TIME
    DoAC EH GOT BORED
    WOW STILL PLAY LOVE
    WARHAMMER LOVED IT BUT LACKED SOMETHING FOR ME HAVEN'T FIGURED THAT OUT YET

Of course my first computer was a Tandy 1000 told me I would never need another one in my life time...the lies began ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Darkness Falls - 1996
    I can't believe I forgot about this game. Good ol' AOL back in 96. Magestorm too. Now I really feel old.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast