+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How Old Are You in MMO Years?

MMO's I have played;

Everquest 1 & 2 (endgame raider in 1 for ~2+ years, dabbled in 2)
    Asherons Call 1 & 2 (more dabbled here, no serious hours)
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies (left with the NGE)
    Lineage II
    Horizons (woot player Dragons!, umm, un-woot no players)
    Rising Force Online
    Age of Conan (why I gave it 6mo I will never understand)
    D&D Online (finished the content in a month with 2 maxxed chars, umm.. fail? )
    World of Warcraft (ok game, crap graphcs)
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (lots of promise never delivered on, so so similar to the hopes and failures of Horizons)
    Aion (players with wings, and you can hardly use them...)

Oh yeah! Almost forgot - Eve Online (keeps dragging me back)
    Last edited by CyclopsSlayer; 06-30-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Thinking in MMO years make me feel realllllly old ahaha. I started in the first year of Everquest and now I'm playing World of Warcraft. In between EQ and WoW I've also played--in no particular order-- for at least 6+ months Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 2, Aion, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online and Lord of the Rings Online. Along the way I've tried as many or more other MMO's for under 6 months. It would probably be easier to name the ones I haven't tried lol. I am an MMO junky and I can't help myself.
    I haven't looked forward to an MMO this much since pre-WoW/EQ2 release. I really can't wait for more info!

Default 10 and 1/2 years

Everquest: I started playing in August 1999 on Innoruuk server in EQ1.

WoW: I started playing this on release and always seem to fall back on it from time to time.

Vanguard: This game was heralded as the second coming of EQ and I took the bait It had all the potential but fell short in the end.

DAoC: I started playing this on test way after release. Enjoyed my brief time, but never really experienced it the way it was meant to be played.

EQ2: I also played this way after release and found most of the low levels to be vacant of people so opted for something else.

DDO: Playted this with a friend for 5 months back when it was ptp. Enjoyed it while I was there.

AoC: Probably the shortest subscription I have ever purchased. Hated the zones and how small they felt. I liek a more open and seemless world.

Warhammer: Loved this game initially, but low populations on my server killed it for me.

Aion: I played this for the 1st few months of release. Hard to explain why, but I just didn't like the feel of the game.

Darkfall: My 1st real pure PVP game. I loved the game, but hated all the ganking go figure. I would still play it if they had a PVE?PVP optional server. Its has an awesome world and skill system. I love the idea of building your own cities.

Played every FTP game out there. The only one I stuck with was Wizard101 which had a PTP option to open additional zones. I loved this one.

I'm glad I stickied this thread! I am really enjoying reading about all of your experiences!

And I continue to be impressed by how many veterans are here from so many different MMO backgrounds!

We are going to have so much fun in Rift!
    Cindy Bowens
    Director of Community, North America
    Trion Worlds

SWG
    RS
    WoW
    AoC
    WAR
    FFXI
    PotBS
    Anarchy Online
    VG
    EVE
    Aion
    LotRO
    DAoC
    allodds
    Horizons
    Matrix online
    Archlord
    DDO
    City of Heroes
    STO
    GW
    Last Chaos
    Lineage II
    Ryzom
    FE
    Last edited by Oabe; 06-30-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Join us in the IRC | The Original Rift Wiki: Telarapedia
    The Rift Pod cast: Rift Pod cast | Rift IRC: Rift IRC

Smile

played in
    lineage2 (3.5 years) - first my mmo. pew pew, pvp, sieges ))
    wow (1 year) - good game. very impressive PvE

several month played:
    - aion, nice and bored
    - allods (good game, but terrible ingame shop (f2p)
    - lotro, very atmospheric game
    - AoC, first locations - fantastic game, next - bored and worse each level
    - eve. nice, but no action
    - STO, interesting sci-fi game. but monotonous
    other mmo - not hooked, not even remember what a game I played

ps: sorry for my english
    Last edited by Simper; 07-02-2010 at 04:45 AM. Reason: syntax fix

Hehe my first online game was Meridain 59 and went to UO from there. And i think i have played every major mmo/mmorpg from there on out. And i cant wait fro this game to go live

UO
    WoW
    EQ
    EQ2
    AO
    EVE
    WO
    DDO
    CoH
    STO
    AoC
    Aion

UO, WoW, and EQ2 were the ones i played the most, over a year with each of those.
    Last edited by Atavax; 07-01-2010 at 05:55 PM.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

I started playing MMOs when Anarchy Online came out for like a year. Then moved on to EQ when Luclin came out and played that until Vanguard came out. Then spent like 3-4 years on Vanguard. I also tried Eve and Eq2 throughout my gaming.

Default Two days older than dirt

Let see...

L.O.R.D. [Legend of the Red Dragon] (I don't know if you can consider this a MMO RPG but it was back in the days of BBS's. I think this is the one that started me down the MMORPG road..

EQ1 - The Seventh Hammer server Played from the very beginning up to the release of EQ2
    EQ2 - Played up to and through the exp after desert of ro (forget the name)
    WoW - Yea I know but had a few RL friends that got me into it... played up to 3rd exp
    DDO - BETA tested from the beginning and played for about 6months after that... the graphics were just to drab I guess for my taste
    LORTO - Played from the beginning up to just before Mines of Moria.. server population ended up dropping and was near impossible to get a group for anything..
    EvE - Played for about 3 months.. Just couldn't get into the whole outer space deal.. One of the things I love about fantasy MMORPG is the exploration of new places.. working your way down into a deep dark dungeon. None of that in EvE.. just VAST VAST empty space
    STO - Played for about 3 months.. same problem as EvE.
    Vanguard - Played right at launch but like many others got discouraged at the state of the game at launch and left after my 30 days that came with the box were gone

All of those and R.I.F.T. is the 1st game to really spark my Fantasy RPG interest since the 1st EQ.

Looking forward to it.

Default Hi mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
    Like you in MMO years, I started in 1999, with Everquest. I got started thru my daughter, who was playing EQ. Her graphics card was not set up right, and she was playing this game, and it looked awful! I asked her how she could play it looking like that,(the trees all had big white boxes instead of leaves)? She said, I don't care it is fun!

Well I told her to move over a sec, and I fixed the card for her, she was amazed at the looks of it afterwords. But, I started playing around with her character, and did not want to move.,despite her asking me many time to let her sit back down and play. I guess they had good reason for calling it "Evercrack".

I had to buy my own version, plus another computer. We have played together since then, even though she is married, with two children of her own now. Hopefully, when they are older, my grandchildren will want to play with me.
    I will be 60 this June, so a lot older then you in real terms, I am sure.

From EQ,EQ2,Horizons,Vanguard,WOW . I gave WOW two weeks, and that was two, too many.And a few really bad games in between, I won't even bother mentioning. Beta tested Vanguard, and a few really bad game.But Vanguard was the first I beta tested.
    I am the daughter mentioned above. I have played and or beta tested the following,
    Diablo my first addiction
    Diablo2
    Everquest Favorite
    Everquest2 A favorite
    UO
    Asherton's Call, not for long
    WoW for 2 weeks like mom
    Horizons
    Vanguard tested
    DAoC a Favorite with the best way of doing pvp ever! Loved the Mentalist Class as well and haven't seen one like it since.
    Aion tested
    Aika tested
    Guild Wars
    That Conan one but not for long I can't remember the name.
    Runescape
    Warcraft Online
    Tried many others as well but my memory sucks, I can't name them hehe.
    Does this robe make my butt look big?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neno_Masaki View Post
    Let see...

L.O.R.D. [Legend of the Red Dragon] (I don't know if you can consider this a MMO RPG but it was back in the days of BBS's. I think this is the one that started me down the MMORPG road..
    Tele-Arena > LORD

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Started into MMOs with Ultima Online! Still have not matched that first adrenaline dump when I was PK'd for the first time!

Straight into EQ, then EQ2, drifted into WoW, Lineage, DaOC, VG, LoTR, WAR, DDO, AoC, but have lived most of my last few years in EQ2 active on Nagafen Server!

Looking hard at RIFT... was let down by VG and AoC, hoping not to be burned again!

My very first MMORPG was Asheron's Call 2 and it was already out for awhile. Pity it closed (I left way before it did) because it was a pretty neat little game. Sadly the lack of population killed it for me.

Then I tried three MMORPGs that came out roughly around the same time: Lineage 2, City of Heroes and WoW. L2 I dropped in a hurry. The grind was absolutely horrible and I couldn't fathom why anyone would play a game like that. I enjoyed both CoH and WoW but I went with CoH. After a couple of years, I returned to WoW and played it off an on but I'm back there again and have been for the last couple of years.

In between, I've played Vanguard, LotRO, Tabla Rasa, Guild Wars, EQ2, DDO, Champions Online, WAR and some F2P games not worth mentioning.

I first played Runescape when I was in 8th grade (5 years ago), I played that for 2 years, then I played Lord of the Rings Online from its open beta until now (I just recently cancelled my subscription. They have bad GMs. I hope you guys have better). So, I'm 5 years old in MMO years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast