+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Introduction to the Devs

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    Hey all,

My name is Andrew and I'm a game designer working on the systems that help make the rifts in Rift do their rifty thing.

I previously worked on Vanguard (known there as 'Avarem') where I designed and implemented some of the progression content before moving on to drive the design for our eventual endgame, including Ancient Port Warehouse and the systems which supported it.

After that I took a break from MMOs and designed a number of systems (including the 'Dynamic Combat Mission' system) for the FPS Section 8 before moving back here to the west coast and back to MMOs to work on Rift.

Right now many of the things I'm working on are still under wraps, but I look forward to being more active here in the community and interacting directly with you all as we start talking more about what's cool under the hood with regards to this whole 'rifts opening all over Telara' thing.
    APW was great and Vanguard never got anything out after it that could live up to it. I've had my eye on this game for a while but got much more interested after hearing you were working on it; looking forward to seeing what you've done in Telara.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    Hey all,

My name is Andrew and I'm a game designer working on the systems that help make the rifts in Rift do their rifty thing.

I previously worked on Vanguard (known there as 'Avarem') where I designed and implemented some of the progression content before moving on to drive the design for our eventual endgame, including Ancient Port Warehouse and the systems which supported it.

After that I took a break from MMOs and designed a number of systems (including the 'Dynamic Combat Mission' system) for the FPS Section 8 before moving back here to the west coast and back to MMOs to work on Rift.

Right now many of the things I'm working on are still under wraps, but I look forward to being more active here in the community and interacting directly with you all as we start talking more about what's cool under the hood with regards to this whole 'rifts opening all over Telara' thing.
    Woot woot, Andrew is here!

Party Hard!
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

I did the introduction in the lore thread, but this seems to be a party in many rooms, so I'll do it again.

I'm Nick, the lore lead for the Guardians. Of which I'll be sharing no more details of so as not to disrupt the carefully constructed announcement that marketing has planned for them. (sorry)

Before I came here I worked on console games for a number of years, on titles as diverse as Magic the Gathering to America's Army. When I moved from doing interface design to game design I ran a Neverwinter Nights persistent world mod to teach myself the ins and outs of game design. That was where I discovered that my favorite type of game design was when I was "live on stage".

In my previous career I was a web designer back in the nascent days of the internet explosion. I worked for Wired, Lucasfilm, and a variety of others to experiment with what the web could be used for. In my student days I studied theater. I was especially interested in the blending of emerging technology and theater. Like I did an experimental play where parts of it took place inside a MUD. So working on Rift has been great, I've been able to blend together many of the interests I've been pursuing my entire life.

One's MMO history seems to be popular on this board. I started in UO where I hunted thieves until I realized it was much more fun to be a thief than to catch one. Then I worked on the Neverwinter Mod for five years running it while playing a villainous mind bending wizard. I missed the Asheron's Call and DAOC generation of MMOs, but got sucked into the WoW for a few years all while trying out the various other MMOs that came across the landscape (COH, GW, WAR. Conan, Star Trek, EVE, etc..) In general though I will play the class that is overpowered. It shows my great skill (in picking that class).

My goal is to switch a number of you heathens over to the Guardians. I've already switched a number of the developers over that had chose the Defiant shirt at our internal unveil event. So I'm saving all the anti-Guardian posts for posterity.

Rift Team

Default Hey everyone!

My name is Scott and Iím a Technical Art Director here at Trion. Basically I figure out how to make things work and handle a lot of the under-the-hood systems part way between engineering, art and design. Also if it's glowing or on fire then there's a good chance I had something to do with it.
    Hopefully Iíll get a chance to talk about some of the great stuff we're working on and some of the technical aspects of Rift, but I really want to say thanks for being part of our community. Itís been really energizing to see you all showing interest and passion for this game weíve been working on for so long.
    Just knowing you all are waiting to play this game makes it much more exciting and worthwhile.

Epsilonwaffle, CaptianCursor and now Blazingoctopus.

these may be some of the most epic forum names EVAH! and i fully expect to see them as the Villains in the next Metal Gear Solid game.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

hello devs, thanks for dropping in

Thank you for the introductions and we are all looking forward to all the diabolical things you have created for our amusement /cheer
    Never explain ó your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    Epsilonwaffle, CaptianCursor and now Blazingoctopus.

these may be some of the most epic forum names EVAH! and i fully expect to see them as the Villains in the next Metal Gear Solid game.

Yeah, and you forgot MissDoomCookie. Some great minds I think.

Hello to all the devs that have posted since my last post, and any I might have passed by first time. Being a Brit I miss the busy time on these forums and it's hard catching up lately.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

There so many of them!! Hiiiide!!

Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveChamberlin View Post
    Hi folks, I’m the Development Director for engineering on Rift, which means I manage the technical development of the game, and occasionally still find time to do a little bit of programming myself. ....

My real start in gaming was waaaaaay back on the Atari 800, creating my own games in BASIC and saving them to that awesome cassette tape drive. I was a huge fan of the Infocom text adventures, and wrote my own text parser and adventure game, full of inside jokes funny to no one but me and a few friends. That game completely filled the Atari’s 48K of RAM. Error 2: Insufficient memory, game over.

It’s great to meet everyone here. I’m looking forward to the launch of Rift!
    You sir are my hero =) As someone who is just starting their higher education yet very interested in game programming (just simple things like a Dragon Warrior(NES) adaptation for now) it was great to hear from someone who has been there!

And an equally hearty greeting to all the other devs, great to hear from such a vocal team who is willing to use 5 minutes on us!

EDIT: How kick *** is it that so many from Vanguard got to come over? Was involved in that game from beta to after the shiz hit the fan and it was honestly the best time I had since EQ

It's an developer invasion! Run!

Welcome all of you be sure to search before posting! (ow wait...)

@Steve that looks sweet, how did you get the idea for that? I remember reading that on tweakers.net amazing project

Regards,
    Kalbuir

ooooh it's a Dev Rift!!! Don't try to close it...let them take over the zone!
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    ooooh it's a Dev Rift!!! Don't try to close it...let them take over the zone!
    Dev Rift....that was good for a chuckle

Unfortunately, we HAVE to close it, or they will permanently affect the world! CHARGE!!

Thanks, Epsilonwaffle, CaptianCursor and now Blazingoctopus. Glad you have all came in and introduced yourselves, and told us a little bit about what you do.

"Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago."
    - Horace Mann (1796 - 1859)

Great read! Bring out more devs!
    Hyde - 50 Eth Rogue
    Leader of Enigma

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast