+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Introduction to the Devs

It is nice to see the devs taking an active intrest in us thier community and i hope that as the game move into beta and then launch their pressence remains prominent on the forums. Lets hope that as the game progresses this friendly and cordial remarks guide our interactions with each other.

"Words May Dazzle, But Actions Will Tell"

Thumbs up Re: Introduction to the Devs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Glad to see so many people excited for our game!
    Greetings to all of the developers!

I want to start by expressing my appreciation for all of the hard work which you are doing. I really do appreciate it!

I think that what you are doing is quite important, actually. After a hard day’s work or a hard week’s work, I like to turn to playing an immersive and fun MMO in order to help myself relax and let my brain recuperate. If I can do something like this, then I feel more productive when I get to working the next day. Otherwise, if I can’t, then I feel more tired, more stressed, and less productive the next day.

So, just give me one well-done MMO like Rift and you’ve got a subscriber for life over here. I don’t want to jump around between different MMOs or spend time fighting with other players over how an MMO should be run like I did in WoW, but rather I just want to settle down on one well-done MMO and get on with unwinding my brain and having some fun.

And, from what I have seen, I believe that Rift will be that MMO. And I want Rift to be that MMO.

"Down with WoW, up with Rift!"™
    Last edited by Abricetabrac; 10-31-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Because I am a perfectionist. :-)
    As the light dances on the ground and the breeze caresses the landscape, Abricetabrac fiddles with things, but suddenly looks up,

"Oh, hello. No worries. Any old way will do for me."

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    Hey all,

My name is Andrew and I'm a game designer working on the systems that help make the rifts in Rift do their rifty thing.

I previously worked on Vanguard (known there as 'Avarem') where I designed and implemented some of the progression content before moving on to drive the design for our eventual endgame, including Ancient Port Warehouse and the systems which supported it.

After that I took a break from MMOs and designed a number of systems (including the 'Dynamic Combat Mission' system) for the FPS Section 8 before moving back here to the west coast and back to MMOs to work on Rift.

Right now many of the things I'm working on are still under wraps, but I look forward to being more active here in the community and interacting directly with you all as we start talking more about what's cool under the hood with regards to this whole 'rifts opening all over Telara' thing.

APW was PURE WIN. So glad to see you here. You if nothing else make this game a must buy for me
    White, Straight, christian, Male. How else can I piss you off today?

Soulwalker

I will be honest I'm a huge TERA online fan right now, but don't think I haven't been looking at you RIFT. I am not into Guild Wars 2 nor Star Wars TOR. I really think those 2 won't bring anything I'm looking for in an MMO at all. Seeing as these 4 are the top 2011 MMOs on the charts, I see fit to include them all and explain myself. I don't want to sound like some biased fanboy.

When I first heard about RIFT I wasn't impressed, it was from 1 video and you guys were talking about the Rifts and how they open up, but it wasn't explained in detail. Then I came across the newer videos recently, the more in-depth look at RIFT.

-How Instances will change as you level up and they won't be the same by the time you are max level. The ever changing and never the same -system; that sounds so awesome.
    -How RIFTs can just open up literally anywhere and start corrupting the land around it. Events then occur as you battle your way through them receiving rewards and sometimes failing to stop a rift at certain points.
    -Then we have the extensive class system. You can go in through say a Justicar but if you like how an Inquistor is doing something you really like and want, you can go through and get that skill. I just love how you guys are incorporating this system.

RIFT and TERA are in my humble opinion much more innovative than either GW2 and SWTOR. I am looking very closely at both and who knows, I may end up playing both. I like them for their own reasons, seeing as they are completely different in a lot of ways.

Thanks for your time, Dojjin.

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    I guess I'll step up first...!

I've already said hello to some of you over on the lore forums, but to everyone else I haven't met, hi there!

My name is Morgan and together with Nick (captaincursor), we make up your lore team. I champion the Defiants. Nick champions the Guardians. Everything that's not related to the factions we just sort of duke it out over (and sometimes actually collaborate peacefully on).

I may have seen some of you over at Vanguard, where I was a designer on the diplomacy team and general lore for the game, or at Everquest 2 where I was a general world content designer and did lore as well. While at SOE, I also contributed to Freerealms and Legends of Norrath.

Let me tell you though, as much as I have loved everywhere that I have been, working on Rift has been a particular delight. This is a world class team, and we have a lot of treats in store for you guys (as evidenced by the fact I've been up past my bedtime playing the game three nights in a row now). I'm so glad you're here to share with us in the process of launching this new and exciting world.

Much <3 for this amazing community!
    I loved what the diplo team did on Vanguard and I'm glad to hear you are working here on Rift! <3 for Morgan!
    Last edited by Temptation; 11-16-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abricetabrac View Post
    "Down with WoW, up with Rift!"™

This.

:]
    Last edited by Elux; 11-17-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Soulwalker

DEVELOPERS! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! DEVELOPERS! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! DEVELOPERS! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! DEVELOPERS! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
    Last edited by Developers; 11-17-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Shadowlander

A warm welcome to me in the community RIFT

Soulwalker

i have never saw this kind of iteration of devs -> community wich i am happy to see here.

and Welcome Devs to the community

I'm really glad to have you aroud Morgan I enjoyed reading a lot of the Diplomacy quest over in Vanguard!
    Last edited by Nysana; 11-24-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Reverence - Australia/Oceania Defiant guild
    http://www.reverence-rift.com/

Default Devs

I welcome all devs u guys are best
    Nice to meet u all
    Yours sincerely MrBathory

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

So glad to see developers taking time to participate in the community forums!
    This is a great indicator of a promising game having a chance of living up to the expectations

Quote Originally Posted by schoolyd View Post
    very nice to see avarem working on this game. i thought he did absolutely amazing things with vanguard with limited resources
    ^agreed, used to have so much fun back in the day!!!!!!!

Shadowlander

Nice to meet you devs! I'm Weavols. I'll be dissecting your class mechanics and finding overpowered combinations to pwn with I love that you're segmented into "pods".

Is pod 6 jerks?

thanks so much for the support devs! Good luck and have fun all!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast