+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Introduction to the Devs

Quote Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
    Hello, All-

You may have noticed some posts by a few devs lately. There were even a couple posted today in the MMO age thread. But they are kind of buried.

So I thought I would make it easier on them and you. Let's use this thread for some of the devs to introduce themselves to you.

Please give a warm welcome to all of our devs who have found the time to stop by.
    Abigale may I suggest to write the devs actual specific job under their Avatar, that would be nice to know what they do in RIFT withiout the need to read this thread first.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    Abigale may I suggest to write the devs actual specific job under their Avatar, that would be nice to know what they do in RIFT withiout the need to read this thread first.
    *blinks* What's wrong with reading the thread? I'm enjoying the thread because it's not just a thread for the devs to introduce themselves, but also allows us to ask them questions about what they do and what they do for the game. This thread is made of WIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maladhiel View Post
    *blinks* What's wrong with reading the thread? I'm enjoying the thread because it's not just a thread for the devs to introduce themselves, but also allows us to ask them questions about what they do and what they do for the game. This thread is made of WIN!!
    I am not complaining about the thread, which is useful.
    What I am saying is that when the devs post in other threads, I would rather prefer they had their job description under their avatars, than retrieving this thread to check what they do in RIFT.

This will also be useful so we can ask specific question to a specific developer who knows better about the subject we are discussing.

I think it's a good idea. Now that I think about it, I can't name a game's forum that actually has that.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    I am not complaining about the thread, which is useful.
    What I am saying is that when the devs post in other threads, I would rather prefer they had their job description under their avatars, than retrieving this thread to check what they do in RIFT.

This will also be useful so we can ask specific question to a specific developer who knows better about the subject we are discussing.
    Ahh. I see now. Yes, yes, that would be quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Halvon View Post
    Hello all, I'm Larry Boles, Content Developer and I work on the rifts themselves primarily and have had no small part in the first zones you will find yourself starting in!

I've formerly worked on Warhammer Online where I did PQ's, monster lairs, and seasonal events. I also did a lot of non-development work with Dark Age of Camelot & Ultima Online.

We are working hard to make the rifts system to be a truly unique experience that has never been seen in an MMO before and I can't wait to hear your feedback on them!
    Excellent! Enjoyed the PQ system in Warhammer Online, was a breath of fresh air. I'm excited to see where and how far you take rifts.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Arithion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughnessy View Post
    Greetings Community!

My name is Billy Shaughnessy and I'm a designer on the dungeons and raids team. I work on dungeon population, as well as boss abilities and scripting. We've got some great instances in store for you, and I look forward to your feedback to make them even better.
    *ears perk up* oooo dungeons and raids team

Can I be a fly on your shoulder ;)
    The Rift Podcast Site

Telarapedia | RiftIRC
    Level 50 Bahmi Warrior - Greybriar - Primal

Items/weapons/armor dev or did I miss it?

Crafting Dev?

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    Items/weapons/armor dev or did I miss it?

Crafting Dev?
    No not yet....crafting is being kept well under wraps.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

So well that they didn't even bring the crafting dev into irc for us when promised. =(

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

So much fun to read all of the introductions, I do wonder how big the team actually is tho seems like a endless supply of dev love . Hope to meet some of you at GamesCom *HINT HINT* Feel free to mention who are going :P

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Man, I am so late to this welcoming party .

Just wanted to say hello and thank you in advance for the many sleepless nights you are putting in to make this game as awesome as I'm sure it is going to be.
    Stabby Stabby, Pokey Pokey
    Calitar, Calmara, Calidor, Calmereth - Guardian - Wolfsbane
    http://www.virtuegaming.com/portal.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    So much fun to read all of the introductions, I do wonder how big the team actually is tho seems like a endless supply of dev love . Hope to meet some of you at GamesCom *HINT HINT* Feel free to mention who are going :P

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    GamesCon! I see good times ahead =)

Such an awesome thread!

It's very exciting to see so many brilliant minds working on Rift. This is gonna be good!

Salutations!

Iím Brian Morin, a Senior Software Engineer on Rift working mainly on Networking and Database stuff, but Steve, Peter and Buddy let me touch gameplay code every now and then.

I have been building distributed system software professionally for around a dozen years. Projects Iíve been a part of include Microsoft IIS (intern), MSN Communities, Xbox Live (launch team member) and Battle.net 2.0 (first engineer focused on it full time.) Between projects Iím a successful mid/high stakes cash game poker player. However, my true passion is building really cool stuff with bright people and Trion has given me the chance to do that in spades.

My MMO history started with playing Asheronís Call Darktide (open PvP server) for over a year. Had a short run playing DAOC, but spent a lot of time playing WoW. I was an officer in a raiding guild through classic WoW and Burning Crusade then continued to play at a little more relaxed pace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast