Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Hardware Upgrades September 22, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    He is right (as long as you regard the game client as also being "on your end"). Upgrading server hardware is not going to change your FPS.
    Well, I'm not a techie but then please explain to me why I get very different framerates (up to 80%) depending on what time of the day it is (prime time or the middle of the night), at exactly the same spot and without players or NPCs on screen, and no zone-event going: just an empty spot of scenery.

To me that difference seems to be server load, and can't that be improved by upgrading the hardware?
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Moyah View Post
    Well, I'm not a techie but then please explain to me why I get very different framerates (up to 80%) depending on what time of the day it is (prime time or the middle of the night), at exactly the same spot and without players or NPCs on screen, and no zone-event going: just an empty spot of scenery.

To me that difference seems to be server load, and can't that be improved by upgrading the hardware?
    Just because you cannot see someone or something doesn't mean the client isn't keeping track of their position. Static assets like npcs and scenery generally take up a lot less overhead than players moving around. Server saturation is far more likely to lead to latency and lag issues than fps issues.

Default Just A Note

Fps Relies On Several Key Factors However I Can Tell You As An Computer Engineer. Trion's End Does Play A Role Is FPS. Software Code Than Runs The Game Is Always Coded To Control FPS. You Can See It In Many CFG.TXT Files For Games. With That Said The Hardware Updates Are More Than Likely Going To Address Stability And Other Issues With Shard Balance For All The Data It Contains.

Thanks Trion For The Update

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Quote Originally Posted by Azteck View Post
    I have the same question for a Dev.
    These changes will improve the loading of data, which is important on the back end but won't necessarily be noticeable in a specific area. We got through most of them yesterday and are finishing the last of the NA servers this morning.
    Last edited by Ocho; 09-23-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    These changes will improve the loading of data, which is important on the back end but won't necessarily be noticeable in a specific area. We got through most of them yesterday and are finishing the last of the NA servers this morning.
    Thanks Ocho

Thanks for explaining
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2