+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree437Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: North America: Extended Hardware Maintenance - Friday 1/13/12

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default North America: Extended Hardware Maintenance - Friday 1/13/12

Greetings!

Tomorrow, Friday, 1/13 our North American datacenter will undergo an extended maintenance while we do some awesome hardware reconfigurations in our continued efforts to give you the best experience.

Maintenance start time depends on your shard, select shards will begin at 5AM PST while the remainder will begin at 8AM PST:

Update @ 1:50PM PDT: Maintenance is complete! Welcome back and have a great weekend - enjoy your new, expanded wargroups

Update @ 1:15PM PDT: We've had to move the ETA to 2:30PM PST at this point. We are physically moving hardware and doing a number of reconfigurations. Apologies for this extension, we'll do our best to keep you informed - thanks!

UPDATE 1/13 @ 8:30AM:All North American Shards are offline for the extended maintenance. We apologize that no server broadcasts were made prior to the servers being brought offline. We've adjusted the ETA to 1:00PM PST - continue to look to this thread for updates throughout, thanks!

Trial shards including the following - Maintenance ETA: 5:00AM - 1PM PST (Updated @ 8:45AM PST)

Shadefallen
    Sunrest
    Galena
    Belmont
    Dayblind
    Estrael
    Alsbeth
    Freeholme
    Crucia
    Atrophinius
    Faemist

All North American Shards - Maintenance ETA: 8:00AM - 1PM PST (Updated @ 8:45AM PST)

We will be providing status updates to let you know when the shards are nearing the end of maintenance and when they become available again for play. Thank you!
    Last edited by Elrar; 01-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Woot! Sounds like perhaps the server groupings are getting rearranged, due to the new Trial servers, as was done to the EU servers previously.

Many happy players for the weekend, I think.

So, a question for you guys:

Will this also change hardware/population capacities of individual servers, or is it just changing the warfront groupings?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    So, a question for you guys:

Will this also change hardware/population capacities of individual servers, or is it just changing the warfront groupings?

Some decent information on the shard consolidation here:

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2012/01/1...consolidating/

Shadowlander

I usually play in the mornings, and so does my guild. Wouldn't 5 AM - 8 AM (or earlier) sound like a better option for an extended maintenance? (esp since you are starting at 5 AM anyways for the trial shards)

Quote Originally Posted by philliesphreak711 View Post
    Some decent information on the shard consolidation here:

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2012/01/1...consolidating/
    This does not address at all the question of whether server capacities are changing.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    This does not address at all the question of whether server capacities are changing.
    i see where you're going with this and i support your investigation
    who took my names!

I really don't understand the situation at all. Are all the character names also reserved in the destination server, where they have "reserved a spot" for us??
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

Default lmfao

greeeeeeeeeeeeeat hope this time they "trion" can implement an official warfronts battle-groups listing and we no longer have 157 min waits for a "57 sec" warfront

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Quote Originally Posted by Algrim View Post
    I really don't understand the situation at all. Are all the character names also reserved in the destination server, where they have "reserved a spot" for us??
    No, the "Reserved spot" just means they are recommending you go to that server. If your name isn't available on that server, you can cancel the transfer and try a different server instead, until you find one where your name isn't taken. Unfortunately, if your name is taken on all servers, you're out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Algrim View Post
    Not really, it's just a suggestion to help keep communities together some by default.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Scormus View Post
    Woot! Sounds like perhaps the server groupings are getting rearranged, due to the new Trial servers, as was done to the EU servers previously.

Many happy players for the weekend, I think.
    Yup, and just as happened with us on the EU servers communities will get destroyed, guilds will fall apart and fragment and lots of folks will lose their toon names because they already are taken.
    Last edited by Kerin; 01-13-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Plane Touched

I think this server consolidation would have been a good idea.. 4 months ago.

But now it's just a symptom of populations disappearing more as Rift turns into a korean grindfest like lineage.

Ascendant

uh so a server consolidation and rearangement of pools and hardware upgrade turns a well done, good thought out, minor grindy mmo into a korean f2p grinder, in your opinion?

thats really a quite ..."personal" view ...

Great, freaking 3 hours update, Wed/thurs/fri is when our guild raids hk, at 8.30amst, all these freaking patches

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast