• 1 Post By YobiRaion
  • 1 Post By YobiRaion
  • 1 Post By YobiRaion

Thread: Apotheosys - G.P. (Lv65)

Default Apotheosys - G.P. (Lv65)

We did one raid, only went for 3 bosses Hardmode

Trash:
    - Enforser of Laethys: 306k HP only
    - Earthen Shot hits for 200 damage only. it's lv50 tuned? because it's cleansable and it should hit hard enough for ppl to start cleansing

General:
    - Ress is broken: people respawn where they died after they accept ress, even after a wipe (Teleport Failed - message)

Anrak the foul:
    - Sting is too weak, puri shields negate the hit even with tank having 3 stacks of debuff. the fight was not tuned around puri back then
    - generally the damage is inexistent until Spines of Earth come - then it's the only time u really need big heals
    - SoE+Sandstorm Combo: When the boss does Spines of Earth and then he tries to do Sandstorm people need to stack on top of the boss while still having the Spines of Earth AOE around them. If they stay out they die by Sandstorm, if they come in they kill everyone else with Spines.
    - 277m HP for a 10man boss might be a bit too high. Considering you have 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 support and 4 dps only

Gruloth:
    - HP too high. With 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 support (6 DPS) we need 1:30 mins for 10% of his HP. We are looking at a 10 min fight even if we chop 1/3 of the time it takes us for every 10% of his HP
    - Tornados: The point of having tornados was the fall damage. There's no fall damage anymore

Thalgur:
    - HP of boss is insane. We hit enrage at 61% which means even if we were double as good we would wipe to 20% enrage. We are looking at at least 30% HP nerf here and we'll probably need additional HP nerfs later.
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 06-08-2015 at 01:11 AM.
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

Hardmode

Anrak the foul:
    - Hitbox: The hitbox is a bit too much towards the claws (front) of the boss, making it a bit annoying for melee to dps the boss ( they need to be inside the boss, unless u put it in play for the tail - but i think tail shouldn't be punishing melee dps since melee already has to run out for Spines of Earth )
    - Sandstorm: The cast time before damage (5 seconds) is too long. 3 seconds should be enough to get into the blue before damage starts.
    - Sandstorm: The damage per tick was too low. People were able to take 3 ticks before they die. In hardmode we need either 1 tick = dead or death on 2nd tick. (i'd say damage should be more like 70k to 80k per tick from sandstorm)
    - Spines of Earth: Bubbles around players were disappearing and reappearing.
    - Spines of Earth overlapping Sandstorm: Spines of Earth happen and later into the fight Sandstorm will also come before SoE is done. In other words, you have to spread for SoE and stack for Sandstorm at the same time!

Thalgur:
    - Cast stacks: the stacks drop before next cast begins.
    - Crystal Stacks exploit: If you get all the crystal stacks and you slip-away forcing the fight to reset the crystal stacks will actually stay on you. Then you can start the fight with high stacks, even up to 50. (when boss resets the stacks should drop automatically)

Uruluuk:
    - HP: probably too much.
    - Crushing boulders: was not ruptible - i think now it is (?)
    - Fist of Laethys: Espiri said it should NOT be reflectible (?)
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 06-09-2015 at 10:30 PM.

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

p.s. I will also put it here cos I might need to quote myself later

I agree with the HP adjustments that had to be made since the first time we came in GP (bosses had 540m HP each was just too much for a 10man raid).

However, I voiced my concerns that the current version of HM GP will be cleared within the first week of release by most of the competitive guilds. For example;
    - We managed to kill 3rd boss (with one mechanic missing) and while it was challenging (we killed it a few seconds before enrage) I'm pretty confident that even with the extra mechanic we'll be able to reproduce a kill pretty quick if the DPS checks dont become a little bit more tight.
    - Second boss needs extra flavour. Just playing "Simon says" for a few minutes makes it a matter of practice and patience. HM needs mechanics that create pressure.

In general HMs need mechanics that include 1) Decision making and 2) DPS/HPS bursts or checks 3) Execution. I will try to give a few examples to give an idea of what I mean:
    - Maelforge Footholds DPS checks made the raids have to decide how they would distribute their raid CDs along with NPC CDs in order to reach the DPS check to kill all 3 footholds.
    - Inyr'kta beams
    - Volan Halo+Extinction
    - Beams at 3rd boss Triumph of the Dragon Queen
    - HM Crucia Overcharged
    - Running out of space (sicaron contract style) - a mechanic like this would probably be good for Ungolok in GP.
    - Green/Purple debuffs + Idol Breaths at BoB: Laethys 2nd phase.
    - Cannons last boss Grim Awakening.

Hardmode

1st boss:
    - Fixed issue with swarm casting but adds not spawning
    - Fixed issue with only 1 add spawning instead of 3
    - Fixed issue with adds applying 1 stack (each add) per attack.
    - Adjusted HP of adds
    - Adjusted HP of Boss
    - Seemed almost ready overall. Maybe slightly overtunned in terms of HP but as I said I'd rather have it slightly overtunned than slightly undertunned.

4th boss:
    - Tank damage seemed a little bit lower than it should be (not too far from where it should be either) ** boss was doing 15500 dps on tank. main abilities doing 14000 of it. Could go up by a couple K I think?
    you probably have more experience with boss tank-dmg tunning
    - HP on the boss was a bit too low. Got increased.
    - Skeletons on last phase were doing pretty much no damage to the tank.
    - Damage on players during last phase could be sliiiiightly higher.
    - HP on hostile crystal population was a bit too low, after the hotfix it felt like it was where it should actually be. (hope that fix doesn't get lost!)
    - Mechanics in general had quite a lot of reaction time to deal with them (a lot of time to move out with crystal, a lot of time to stack up - on the other hand it might be tricky if the boss blinks and casts but ppl can mount up anyway)
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 06-30-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Hardmode

Anrak
    - if u get battle rezed you stay out of combat when u accept it
    - Adds didn't come if everyone was stacked in melee. (Probably got fixed by hotfix)
    - After 1st hotfix for adds they came only 2 out of 5 times. (Hopefully got fixed by 2nd hotfix)
    - Gaze and Debuffs could be casted on nano vortex (swirly aoe from crucia HM cape)
    - Adds applied debuff on tanks much faster than intended.
    It felt like it was every 10 seconds or whenever there was a swap.
    It is possible that the adds have an internal cooldown on their TARGET and so if their target switches then they are free to reapply stacks
    - Possible HP needed to make enrage tight: 210m ~ 213m

Guurloth:
    - Mechanics are dull for DPS. doing same over and over again. sure u can wipe if healers die and u run out of resses but that doesn't make it very challenging.
    - Enrage time was too big for the HP of the boss. DONT increase HP of the boss, you gonna prolong having to do same stuff over and over.. better just decrease the enrage timer.
    - Fight was slightly more challenging for healers due to heavy tank damage.
    - Fight needs an extra mechanic that makes it much more engaging for dps.

Best suggestion we came up with was inyr-kta crystals. Damage ramps up if the guy is slow to get it to the side and while running there and back he has to do the rest of the mechanics as well.

Adding a meteor that 5 people need to stack to soak the damage but NOT on top of the boss because it would heal the boss if landed next to him would also be fun. Imagine run mechanic with 5 ppl needing to stack
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 07-02-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Hardmode

*3rd boss:*
    - Heal requirement seems ok
    - general mechanics look OK (I think)
    - We killed the boss at 7:26 in case u want to tighten the enrage slightly

Bugs:
    - Once he broke the pillar and immediately engaged again so tank didn't have enough time to pick up crystals
    - Stealth-ing out of combat before a wipe allows you to reset the fight without losing crystal stacks so you can quickly ress, pull and start with X stacks again.
    - When you get a combat ress you stay out of combat and you stay out of combat even while DPSing the boss. It happens sometimes, not always (but often).

*4th boss:*
    - HP looked about OK. Will probably be as much tight as it needs to be (unless enrage time was changed and we don't know it)
    - Make sure the skeletons at the last phase are actually doing some damage on the tank cos last time here they were hitting like *******

Important!!

Last time we were on PTS there were quite a few changes and fixes implemented.
    However, when we came back a few days later all the changes were gone.

Apparently, from what we were told, someone had reset the PTS server and all those changes were lost.

So, please make sure you keep backup of changes pretty often because it would be really sad to have a non-final version of those encounters going on live and being too bugged or too easy...

thx!

if the only difference between HM and NM is basically one extra eye from last boss on HM I really don't get why anyone would even bother with HM.
    Right now this is the case:
    -- Clear NM = guaranteed relic weapon + 1 eye
    -- Get locked to HM = possibly not able to clear GP during that lockout which means no eye and no relic weapon for that lockout.

Until everyone in a raid roster has at least 1 relic weapon ALL GUILDS will go for NM clear to guarantee that they get 2x Relic weapons and 2x Eyes per week (2x 10man groups)
    ..rather than risking of killing, let's say, 1 or 2 bosses HM and get nothing (other than a "relic" neck/ring)

IMO, if you don't wanna give 1 eye per HM boss that's fine.
    However, NM last boss SHOULD NOT give relic weapons or eyes in that case.

The "fair" way would be one of the bellow:
    1. NM gives only 1 Eye from last boss // HM gives 2 eyes and Relic weapon from last boss
    2. NM gives 1 eye and 1 Epic-Upgradeable weapon from last boss // HM gives 2 eyes + relic weapon from last boss and 1 eye per each other boss

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    -- Get locked to HM = possibly not able to clear GP during that lockout which means no eye and no relic weapon for that lockout.
    You can't get locked to HM. If you happen to kill a boss on HM you can lower the difficulty whenever you want at the entrance. However, you can never raise the difficulty after you've killed a boss on a certain difficulty. Information taken from the livestream yesterday.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 07-11-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    You can't get locked to HM. If you happen to kill a boss on HM you can lower the difficulty whenever you want at the entrance. However, you can never raise the difficulty after you've killed a boss on a certain difficulty. Information taken from the livestream yesterday.
    Ye i didnt watch it but I heard the same.

Nevertheless, I think the loot difference between HM and NM probably doesn't cut it.
    NM you get upgradeable weapons, trinkets and last boss gives you relic + eye.
    HM you get same stuff as NM with a slightly better accessory per boss (relic ring/neck) and an extra eye from last boss.. ehmm..

i think farming HM every week should give an "advantage" to guilds able to do it while waiting for Tier-3.
    Ofc there will be people who are not competitive by choice and who will still whine that this is opening the "gap" between them and more progress-orientated guilds but seriously trying harder than others being a "taboo" nowadays is getting old.

1st boss :: Anrak
    • Out of 4 sets of adds: 1st didn't spawn, 2nd despawned, last 2 sets spawned and worked as intended. #GPisready! (This was reported and fixed before....)
    • First 1-2 Spines of Anrak didn't work properly. The boss channelled the full ability but no bubbles appeared around players and no damage was dealt. #GPisready! (This was reported and fixed before....)

2nd boss :: Guurloth
    • "Stop abilities" debuff can be applied on "Nano Vortex" aka the swirly proc from Crucia HM relic cape
    • The "blind" stacking debuff that you are supposed to get by not turning away during "Orb" is only applying on the Tank. Even one of the DPS or one of the Healers gets a tick the debuff is only gonna go on the tank (!??!?)

One more thing...
    The encounters we tested so far look tight regarding HPS/DPS checks.
    The mechanics don't seem to be that hard.
    With that said, how fast the instance will be cleared depends almost entirely to the quality of players each guild will bring. Can be hours, can be days or it can be weeks.

Unfortunately, it looks like we are only able to speak for ourselves (Apotheosys) since, judging from the feedback-threads from other "testing" guilds, there's not much to be found.
    So, while I honestly don't know how "easy/hard" GP will be on LIVE, please don't ****ing blame either of the possible outcomes on us.
    We have been trying really hard to tune/fix everything, always with the best intentions to make content fun for everyone but we are JUST ONE GUILD and as a result, there's no comparison to say whether we ask for too much or not enough..........

td;lr
    We need more ppl to actually test because I have a dark feeling people are gonna find something we never noticed and then QQ about it as if it is our fault ..or even worse, as if we did it on purpose

edit
    Added some extra feedback about 1st boss GP hardmode.
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 07-14-2015 at 12:22 AM.

I really don't want to make any drama and I appreciate all the hard work DEVs are putting into making better raids, however, we signed up for PTS testing and providing feedback thus we cannot close our eyes and pretend everything is perfrect.

Main issue:

When GP comes out tomorrow, if you have read the previous 10 feedback posts in this thread, you will realize that a lot of the fixes and changes implemented during our testing sessions didn't make it to the final -LIVE- version.

Reason is that after each hotload / hotfix those builds were not saved, no backups were kept.
    At least this is what I understood twice when we returned to GP for another test and the fixes implemented during the last one were not there anymore.
    When we asked "why" we were told that someone must have reset PTS, therefore, the build that had the changes was lost.

Bugs that persisted (they were fixed but the builds were lost / not saved)

1st boss:
    > Spines of earth :: Some of the ticks of damage do not trigger (in some cases all of them). The fixed version is supposed to deal 5 ticks of damage, atm 1 or 2 ticks trigger at most. As a result, the healing requirement is much lower than the intended one.
    > DPS Requirement :: As said, the intended version had a very high Healing Burst requirement to counter Spines which would force raids to bring extra healers and therefore have less DPS. The DPS check was tunned around the intended version so with spines bugged the DPS check on 1st boss will be trivial since you can bring more DPS in your setup.
    > Swarm :: When Swarm is casted the adds that are supposed to spawn do not always spawn. During testing the reason for this bug occuring was found and the bug was fixed.

2nd boss:
    > Crystalline Reaction :: Damage of Crystalline reaction is buggy.
    Sometimes ticks of damage appear on your screen that deal damage, sometimes ticks of damage appear on your screen that don't actually deal any damage and sometimes you don't take any ticks but you instantly die to 120k one-shot CR damage - we call them Ghost hits.
    > Stop abilities mechanic :: Can be applied to Nano Vortex from Crucia HM relic capes. It was fixed before but it's still there..
    > Orb - Blind :: Someone staring at the orb is supposed to apply a stacking debuff called "blind" to the entire raid. Instead it's only the tank who receives it (the boss applies it only on his current agro-target)

4th boss:
    > Tank damage :: Is pretty low. It was adjusted but i guess that build was lost.
    > Protection crystal HP :: We've spent 40 minutes properly tunning that crystal to work as intended. When we finished the mechanic linked to it was working perfectly as intended (can't spoil the details before release.. but then again, that build with the properly tunned crystal was also "lost" so I guess it doesn't matter)
    > Last phase adds :: They hurt like wet noodles. Their damage was supposed to be increased but the change won't make it to LIVE tomorrow.
    > DPS check :: Last time we tested with a DEV the DPS check was tight. Given our DPS we would hit enrage 30 seconds before we killed the boss. We agreed that was fine in order to force us all to come up with better strats, performance and setups. However, I am not sure what has changed but DPS check won't be that tight anymore..

OK, so what now?
    As I said, this post is not meant as a QQ. This is a feedback thread after all..!

Concluding, the most important part of all the feedback given during this raid testing is:
    Please, adopt a very certain and strict proceedure (if there is one, then improve it) to ensure that whenever a hotfix is made on PTS the new version is saved and a backup is kept, as well as, a categorized log file (raid changes, item changes, feature changes etc) is updated for other devs to know what was changed.
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 07-15-2015 at 02:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread