+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread

Hey everybody

Please leave your feedback regarding the Planar Incursions Phase 1 in this thread.

A few guiding questions that might help with writing your feedback might be:

Planar Incursions
    - Is the current length of the event satisfactory? (Should they last longer, or shorter but more frequent?)
    - Is the current difficulty of the event satisfactory for end-game content? (Please specify if doable how well geared you are - Raid gear / BiS items vs. Recently hit 70)
    - Is the content engaging as a recurrent event?

Factions and Vendors
    - Are the faction rewards interesting? If not, what would you like to be added?
    - Based on time to complete a Planar Incursion and the rewards obtained, are the faction vendor prices satisfactory?

Planar Champion Armor
    - General impressions for the overall progression over the different levels? (Costs, increments)
    - General impressions on the branching upgrade at level 15->16? (Are the options offered interesting?)

Thanks a lot and have fun!

Gear item level analysis:

Planar Champion armor starts at ilvl 2800 and increases by 100 for each upgrade. It increases by 150 for each quality change (blue to purple, purple to orange, orange to red)

Here are some equivalents:
    • 2900 - Upgraded LFR Tartaric Depths armor = 1st upgrade stage
    • 3450 - T1 raid drops = 10th upgrade stage
    • 4550 - T2 raid drops = in between 16/17th upgrade stage
    • 5050 - T2 upgraded = 21st and final upgrade stage

One discrepancy I noticed for itemization (at least as a Mage):

The base damage bonuses for synergy crystals are significantly behind the "Comet of Destruction" crystal values. As a mage the comet of destruction values are 1950 for damage, and 3000 for heals, and the 4-piece set provides a +1050 spell power proc on crit. These are a significant step back in that regard. I have not looked at the tanking crystals closely to compare.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Telaran

Default Getting to PTS

How do I get my geared level 70 toon to the PTS? "Copy to PTS" doesn't work for me.

Noseeum@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Noseeum View Post
    How do I get my geared level 70 toon to the PTS? "Copy to PTS" doesn't work for me.

Noseeum@Faeblight
    Same here. And Fluffy 2 doesn't have a "Make me level 70" item that I can buy.

Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread-2021-01-29_134004.jpg

Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread-2021-01-29_133950.jpg
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

You need to visit Fluffy in Alittu (take the porticulum to the Celestial Lands) to get the 70 boost and gear.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    You need to visit Fluffy in Alittu (take the porticulum to the Celestial Lands) to get the 70 boost and gear.
    Wonderful. And where exactly is the "arrow" that we are suppose to see that tells us this? SMH.

Thanx, Clown! Appreciate it.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Default Spelling error

Pretty sure it should read "Incursions of Flame" and not "Incursiosn" ......

Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread-2021-01-29_140147.jpg
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here again?~

Default Another spelling error

Again... "Incursion" and not "Icursion"

Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread-2021-01-29_141401.jpg
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty

Default and another...

Order of "Insomnium" according to the forum post . yet NPC is labeled as "Insomnuim"

"IPlanar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread-2021-01-29_141936.jpg
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty

Soulwalker

Post quests

So i notice that we have 4 daily quest and the 1 of those with the name "Foray of Flame" to be completed requires the quest "Foray of Flame" it self to be completed first. How this can work?

Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread-2021-01-29_233016.jpg

Edit:
    1) nowhere to be found the quest ''Quest TBD'' that is listed at ''Foray of Flame'' quest.
    2) at least make the gear to be new wardrobe.
    3) at that ''foothold'' at Ashenfel, i cant see any aoe at the ground (visuals) or any kind of icon at map or mini map.
    Last edited by xazoula; 01-29-2021 at 05:14 PM.

It's a very long upgrade path, 21 stages to be exact, more than the planar weapon. and the later stages can take anything from 1000-3000 tokens of one faction, you get 250 per daily, and there are 2 dailies per faction. It's going to take multiple years to get all of the gear fully upgraded.

The amount of doubloons and time it takes to upgrade even one piece of gear, let alone 6 pieces across 5+ characters, is way too long. I don't know what specific change I would make but being able to upgrade one level of one gear once per day, on average, is much more reasonable. In the level 16+ range maybe it takes 2 or 3 days, but the lower levels should not take as long as it does. If this gear primarily serves as a gateway for all players to get T3 ready, then that's all the more reason to make getting mostly or fully upgraded planar gear attainable in a few weeks/months as opposed to years, otherwise people will just not do it at all.

As someone who primarily raid logs this game, I would be absolutely willing to play daily if it means getting a few of these new gear pieces maxed out to reach 2600 hit, but not if it is going to take me weeks to upgrade one gear a couple levels.
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

Exclamation

Technicals:

1) The single bits which the rock hub is made of all have different render distances.

2) Gear previews like capes are wonkey.

3) The Water block is a nightmare tide asset which allows greatly improved jump heights out of it. Combined with the baseline ptw jump height you can easily take a dive off the platform (also landing on the platform and skating off angled rocks)

Quick evaluation

pros
    + The upgrade paths seem like an upgrade to the Planar Champ weapon and carnival earring.
    + kinda new stuff
    + Item icons look nice
    + New mob model: Drakeling

cons
    - Obviously the rewards for daylies vs upgrade costs is way off the charts.
    - Synnergy crystals obviously have non representative stats BUT some have stat types which are as useless as it gets.
    - Setpieces have mile long stat lists while the gained resistances differ in very neglectable values. All pieces can easily be set with "Resist all: xx" - The decisons on which elemental direction to upgrade a piece will 100% be dictated by the Setbonus anyway.
    - All items can be sold by accident.
    - Champion's Seal of Nature falls miles behind event seals stat wise
    - The gear is meant to have "mainingful choices" during upgrade paths. However there is ZERO customisation in the process. It will come down to a couple bis combinations which then only have to be farmed down.
    Finding the best sets to get will happen at day one, leaving more than half the items unused (like VP trinkets lol)

Crystals

Pre info:

Armor and resist for Tanks is prettymuch on the cap on T1 gear already. Any more of it will have no impact.
    Same with Spellcrit and Phys crit. Mainstat already overcaps critchances while soft support's +5% all stats will overcap for whoever isn't overcap yet. Only Shaman Massive Blow and Runeshaper Rune of Smiting benefit from infinite Spellcrit.
    Guard: Different Tanks scale Guard differently. Mages scale it off Int which requires less guard items overall. Guardrange is really neglectable as aoe healing already is way too easy.

Crystal hickups: Many Attuned quality versions have different effects, sometimes different setboni numbers and often more overall setboni slots.

Good Crystals:
    • Fume (dps obviously )- however the critchance stat is meaningless due to stat caps, only affecting Shaman and RS while 6' bonis aoe is very odd.
    • Sandstorm (Bis mitigation tank) Guardrange is a luxury, endurange is the seller. Armor is a shame
    • Twilight Crystal (Bis Tankhealer and Fk tank/ Vk offtank) Flat more absorbs from all slots, resist is a shame
    • Deflagration (Aoe) No worth in farming a designated aoe dps crystal. Currnet bis aoe specs are not based on aoe attacks.

Terrible Crystals:
    • Ignis (Dps tanks?) already see some random dude using that crystal wiping everyone like a tankpet. Weird concept. Who would farm a complete set of Planar Gear just for this crystal ?
    • Mors (just bad) resistance and mana are wasted slots
    • Unknown Crystal, currently Attuned Deflagration (lol what) 10% Rune duration? So there will be proccing runes?
      Or does it means the Tenebrean tank proccs? Becasue that one is terrible and 10% gives 0.8 sec more uptime for 2% healing taken.
    • Hurricane (Healer obviously) However the critchance and dodge stat is meaningless and it's inferior to Twilight.

Weird flexes aka luxury purchases:
    • Aquas (lovely idea but so expensive for such a minor buff, there are consumeables increasing swim speed by 50%
    • Solum (1kilometer Guardrange okay) Block and resist is useless.
    • Wilderness (Bis trash gear/ dungeon tank) which is paradox giving the freely available T3 gear. Used for a short time and then replaced
    • Anima (Casual healing) Only for Dungeon Tanks & solo builds while healing boni might be loopable with Warrior.

Bugs on Vendors:
    Ignis crystal qualities are not listed together on Kifoa.
    One crystal with 10% ''rune duration'' got lost
    Kifoa and Defil sell the same Planar Shield Deflagration
    Ealina and Delis sell the same Twilight crystal which should be on Olip
    Refindas and Ealina sell the same Wilderness crystal which should only be on Ealina
    Tunmo and Kifoa sell the same Fume crystal which should only be on Ealina

Fix: Have one vendor for each Quality but all different crystal titles combined. Have the Single quest hubs sell their Armor bits.

Comments:

The Gear

The gear is not adding a whole lot of new things. It's 99% about the process of getting it and planning the upgrade paths while "having" the full set is in this terrible spot of being marginal better than current PvE bis, but requiring NO player effort than time to acquire.
    This hub and it's gearset seems to be aimed more towards artifact collectors and TOK fans than people interested in combat mechanics. Which surely has a spot somewhere- but given that there IS a working pve set- and that one already being 100-300% overgeared for all PvE - while at the same time PvP has glaring gear issues, it seems- sorry for being direct- somewhat like a false priority given the circumstances.

Synergy Crystals are very welcommed to improve single abilities and buffs- such as lvl 50 and 60 crystals did but way more of everything. This can mean some work but adds infinitely more gameplay value than finetuning rants upgrade costs yadda.
    Going all in with Notoriety already is a huge commitment- most people didn't even complete all PoA notorieties by now!
    At the moment, you have to make a complete new gearset JUST to support your healing synergy crystal. !!
    It takes a minute just to 'boost' one faction's rep on pts. What a gauntlet.

-> If it indeed is meant as a playing ground for T3 content, DEFENITELY make Synergy Crystals affect specific abilities.
    Simple Stuff: Life damage refreshes life damage over time effects on the target.
    Positively affecting Harbinger, Chloro, Justicar, Druid and Paladin- offering slight priority shifts. But you wanna avoid it on Inquisitor.

Make Crystals great again

I would have loved to see ALL the attention being put to Synergy crystals which then grant new ability functionality. so you would go and pursuit your new ''Shaman Crystal'' through daily quests while the gearpieces really should remain for drops.

All the gearpieces are not required if the Synergy crystals just give a wide range of customisation- allowing to decide the 1-8 set boni from a range of options for each stage.
    The wide range of elemental based Syn crystals paired with the upgrade system holds a world of engaging gameplay possibilities
    Going full (non random) Alchemy by creating and testing crystal effects and builds is just the right motivation to casually log in frequently.

Syn crystals and the set remains Comet of Destruction but gets 6,7,8 set boni with special ability functions- Tempest legendary Lightning Torrent increases the next 10 Pulses etcppp. The armor pieces of that hub can remain how they are with adjustet stats and the critpower removed. I would even stray away from the armor completely and put all money on a well roundet and engaging Crystal system. Save up T3 armor for T3 !!
    I know it's impossible, but unfortunately this hub is but a giant farmfest for stat sticks as it is right now while punishing any long time player with wild new critpower sources, and gaining almost no gain for Full T2 players while on the other hand giving T3 for open world farming.

Minor complaints

I would stray away from slapping orange and red on any ****ty world farm gearpiece and hold back orange for truly magnificent pieces, such as T3 drops .. This simply inflates and devalues the rarity system.

It needs more INTERESTING ways for invasions etc. lvl66+ already limits the zones (alot more on eu) and most of them are wardstone defend missions.
    -> Increase the chance of a cluster of invasions spawn from footholds and rifts to roam the lands.

Verdict:

- Interesting- if a little roughly put together- hub.
    - Everything appears to be an excuse to sink time+ noto/token pots for nothing new really.
    - Literaly patron pay to win.
    - Farming all day for basic and unexciting statgains is what people already hated about fragments.
    - The armor pieces have little to no right to exist right now.

- TONS of farming (90k notoriety is back!) for neglectable gains and no fresh gameplay options.

- Obviously, the Crystals are planned to be combined into hybrids- but this will just result in two tank, two heal and two dps crystals being slapped together, leaving us with 3 unshakeable best in slot options out of all the created alternatives.

Remove vendor prices of 1 silver from the items in the bag. This asks for disasters to happen.

The mount could take a littlebit more love in visual design. And the gun sockets of this SL model are still clipping.

to the catchup aspect:

Why ''push everyone into T3 gear'' Since when is entering a raid tier in it's tier set a good thing.
    When did, not being able or willing to do T1, let alone bos - and giving an open world alternative and on the other hand making up for the missing 50hit to get people T3 ready, bacame one and the same.

People in red bis T3 who never entered a raid will rant about T3 being too hard and enforce nerfs, leaving a dungeon like bos.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-29-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    ...to reach 2600 hit,...
    I'll have to log back in to the PTS to recheck my numbers - I only did fast math (not real math.) I came up with 3200 Hit.

Also, there is a daily (I forgot the name) that requires 30 rifts be closed. This is WAY too many rifts for a daily. I suggest reducing that number to 5 or making the 30 a weekly. 30 rifts per day, I think, is not something 99.9999% of the players have the time or the interest to do.

Also, it would have been nice to have cheater tokens on one of the NPCs to allow us to fully upgrade all the gear in one action so that we could play around with the different stat combination totals at the end. Give us an idea of what exactly we're grinding toward (plus it would help Caduto add that information to their website so that they can remain an invaluable resource for Rift.)

In their current form, I am 100% uninterested in this new content. It's beyond too grindy. I genuinely doubt that I will pursue it. Time will tell.

"suppression" not "suppresion"

Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread-2021-01-29_162030.jpg
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast