+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Incursions Phase 1- Feedback Thread

Rift Master

One general observation is that having 8 new currencies seems to be going in the opposite direction of what was done for the Call to Action events. In that case, all the old currencies were replaced with one currency, Chaos Motes. That offers so much more flexibility, e.g. you can earn Chaos Motes via the Hellbug events but spend them on a Unicorn mount.

The overview leaves a lot of unanswered questions, for example

1. The planned frequency and length of the Planar Incursion Events was not specified. The big question is If a player does all available quests, how long will it take to reach maximum notoriety with a faction?

2. At maximum notoriety, will you have earned enough Doubloons to buy everything that faction offers or will you have to continue grinding Doubloons for months/years longer?

Edit to add another comment/question:

I don't quite understand why buying these new faction items has to gated in two ways, via notoriety level and a slow accumulation of a special currency. It sort of seems like overkill. In other factions, the gating is mainly by notoriety level, and the currency for faction items is easily accumulated in a variety of ways so is rarely limiting.
    Last edited by Zornar; 02-05-2021 at 12:43 PM.

I am curious if that hub+ it's factions (with 90k noto! That's Torvan level) is planned to be connected to future additions to give the vendors more than they have now.
    I can see those planar factions opening for a t3 with
    Regulos, Toxi, Salvarola, Proteus, Zaviel hm, Maklamos, Genesis as respective "best of" representants of the elements like BoB, entering them 1by1 QF style.
    Maybe going as far as one boss for each element mixup. Gelidra as air+water, Gs as life+death etc.

Any updates on pts so far?
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    I wanted to test the new content with my current live progress but am unable to copy any toon on NA or EU to pts, thus anything I do would be based purely on the elite kit provided there and not accurate to what I have actually obtained thus far.

having looked at the max gear on live given to us for free and compared it to the new gear from vendors after maxing it out, the miniscule amount of stat upgrades would hardly be worth the amount of grind necessary to complete them, this is tantamount as always with slow grind time spending, giving us busy cubicle work to buy you more time to develop more content is why Trion failed, it is why EQ barely hangs on year after year and what has led to the downfall of every MMO I have ever beta or alpha tested.

the players in the gaming world want active fresh adventurous content, new and exciting, not a handful to repeat for three years until we have maxed out 13 toons on 7 shards.
    sorry I posted this in a foreign language forum because it wasn't tagged and my chrome auto translates
    Last edited by Challengere; 02-07-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Ascendant

As a pvp player I see...nothing.

Actually, probably more pve gear not coded correctly that will break pvp more. Calling it now.

Also, whatís up with all the grammar issues? Lol. Hire an editor, or ask your ten year old son to proofread for you.

Grind, grind, grind! If we are going full-on Korean style you forgot to add loliís and to redo everyone, including dwarves, to all look like 90210 models. Get with the program!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    As a pvp player I see...nothing.

Actually, probably more pve gear not coded correctly that will break pvp more. Calling it now.

Also, what’s up with all the grammar issues? Lol. Hire an editor, or ask your ten year old son to proofread for you.

Grind, grind, grind! If we are going full-on Korean style you forgot to add loli’s and to redo everyone, including dwarves, to all look like 90210 models. Get with the program!
    All you do is complain. So many people have already addressed issues that needs fixing, as well as grammar stuff. But you still make a complaint about them. This thread is for feedback, suggestions, things to change and not just for another of your hostile comments..
    Maybe try to relax a bit. Going nuts about something that hasn't even arrived on the live servers is just sad. Instead you could write your feedback on things that needs a change without these hate comments, but do it like the rest normal people here. And if you have nothing to say, then shut your mouth.

Hate, hate, hate. So much hate. Why are you here? If everything is ****, then leave!
    Last edited by Wolfexin; 02-14-2021 at 04:22 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfexin View Post
    All you do is complain. So many people have already addressed issues that needs fixing, as well as grammar stuff. But you still make a complaint about them. This thread is for feedback, suggestions, things to change and not just for another of your hostile comments..
    Maybe try to relax a bit. Going nuts about something that hasn't even arrived on the live servers is just sad. Instead you could write your feedback on things that needs a change without these hate comments, but do it like the rest normal people here. And if you have nothing to say, then shut your mouth.

Hate, hate, hate. So much hate. Why are you here? If everything is ****, then leave!
    Thanks for being civil and not utterly crude. Also, obviously no anger in your tone whatsoever. Someone does, indeed, need to chill and its not me. Look up sarcasm I use it a lot.

My comment was feedback. Nothing new nor any attention to pvp is feedback. Like you, I have the right to comment, and feedback is both positive and negative. What kind of comment do you think I should have when any kind of new development Gamigo creates utterly ignores pvp? Just curious because I should think I could have an opinion on what all Gamigo spends its few resources on.

As others have stated they spent time on gear upgrades for pve which didnt really need it for this grind, yet pvp bis gear for multiple pieces is still level 65 gear-thats how much/how long its been ignored. Would it hurt to address any of this? I cant really give an opinion on pvp development because there is none; only the opinion that its being ignored, over and over.

If you dont know it the pvp forum is never looked at by a Cm or dev. Im being literal, as in never. We have to post in other threads to be seen.

As for my rights. I spent plenty of money, prior to Gamigo, to help support and create the game we have today. Maybe you dont like pvp, but when there is new development and it ignores any pvp changes I have my feedback right there. You wont see me trying to change or shut up a pve player, however. So I’m definitely not like you. You can just ignore my posts.

Edit: The grammar issue is just sad. Id say that about any company that considers itself “professional” to have spent no money on a proofreader, as it were.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-18-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

I will use the tread to ask few questions?
    Since i heard the mindless farm is a way to go for Gamigo next plans.

- Do you really think that mindless farm and endless stages of upgrades will attract more players to come back or more new players?
    You can do yourself a simple research by going into Tempest Bay (whatever shard is currently most populated) and browse players gear. Then evaluate how many went for the Champions weapons grind and how many prefer the old Eternal Weapons.
    All i'm saying you aim at no life players, but then again how can they pay for ingame stuff and support Rift?

- Do you actually consider a smart move to make open world gear stronger than high end raiding gear?
    And do you think the people will need that gear for something while there is no new raid. We can kill open world mobs with quest gear too.

- Also why do you introduced massive open world bosses when the game engine can't keep up with masses? People don't wanna play lag fest or slideshow MMO.

Dear Gamigo Rift staff, you clearly got your vision about MMOs all wrong.

I see more people leaving the game than new players coming. We are meeting the same people in everyday activities and you want to make them quit as well.

P.s. And to not clarify my post as not constructive - try to make new expansion, new raids, new content that is meant for 10-20 men. This is what people expect since 4 years.

Telaran

Would really love to see something for pvp even if you had the old pvp events in for the planar event. Would be something that satisfies pvp and pve players.

Shadowlander

I'm not going to bother going into the maths, the specifics and the finer details of why this new "content" is bad; but.

The fact that it will take 19.58 years to complete a single set of gear (and this assumes one can do every single required daily quest, every single day for said 19.58 years), based on the currently released quests in pts and the currently released costs of buying/upgrading said armor is beyond stupid, its not even funny if it's a joke it's that bad. Whoever thought up these numbers either just randomly mashed the buttons on their keyboard or has absolutely zero maths skills.

This makes any other "korean grindfest mmo" game look like a cakewalk, 20 years for one set and at best 4-6 months for 2 pieces and being required to get those two pieces in order to have the hit for the supposed t3 hit requirement (based on current raid hit requirement progression) is absurd.

I sincerely hope that the gamigo team take all of this into consideration and at the very least alter the required currencies to buy/upgrade the armor and/or alter how many you earn per quest, before they release this as releasing this will literally kill the game. If you guys want to release this as it currently is you may as well just cancel your contract with google to host the game servers and just outright shut it down rather than releasing this "content", it would save you guys more money (which we all know is all the gamigo is after) and time than torturing this game to death with abysmal rubbish like this with zero thought put into it.
    Last edited by Caitona; 02-23-2021 at 12:29 AM.
    Specs@Wolfsbane, Caitona@Hailol, Brodhar@Deepwood, Murneva@Hailol, Gadria@Hailol, Annarisa@Hailol

Are the incursions still happening? Because I cannot find an incursion or the new quest giver.

Shadowlander

Default No one has the time for this..

Not one single human being in this game is going to do THIRTY rifts as ONE daily.

Good luck with that.

Rift Chaser

We used to do 360 for the eternal upgrade at the start of the expansion and lots of player did all of them in one day.
    crift is already 20 done in less than 1 hour, it's not that bad.
    But doing this everyday ... Meh...
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    You have questions about prima ? Ask them here !

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caitona View Post
    currently released costs of buying/upgrading said armor is beyond stupid, its not even funny if it's a joke it's that bad.
    It was bad when Eternal Weapon comes, some people accepted it for no reason, now some people will accept this BS, be sure.
    Threadsafe - LuaThe (Rogue - Warrior - Prima - Cleric)
    In Shas's world you should never fix absurd if it's about Shas's favorite playstyle.
    About Shas: https://i.imgur.com/HdEntvp.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3