+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Autumn Harvest

Default PTS Autumn Harvest

Questions..

1. Will the supply crate looted from 4 hour minion adventures be updated? Was Magical Broom Supply Crate in 2019

2. Will the weekly quest be changed so you can still pick up previous weeks if you miss them?

3. Will there be a new necklace?

4. Will new dimension items be added?

5. Will new cheevos be added? linking them to the instant adventures would be nice.

6 The new costume items are wrapped even though no cheevos are associated with them, why are they not just 'costume unlocks' (with no need for an item at all)?

7. Flaming Dragon Skull Visage still has no wardrobe category

8. only one new costume item? will there be more to follow?

9. Will Magical Broom and Murclownix be made available for event currency this year?

10. Will any of the older event currency mounts have their prices reduced a little?

11. A new minion card would be great!

I have picked through the store and tested all the shiny new things, will test the quests tomorrow. Thank you for putting it on PTS!

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Great questions, I caught up with the team and have some answers!

1 - The supply crate will remain the same for this year.
    2 - Not planned to pick quests of missed weeks. Keep questing up-to-date!
    3 - No new necklaces this time.
    4 - Not planned to have new dimension items.
    5 & 6 - These two will be related.
    7 - Fix incoming to display it as costume!
    8 - Only the Sun Oracle Parchments this year.
    9 - These will remain as Premium only.
    10 - No prize reduction planned.
    11 - Not planned for new minions.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for your efforts Caduto.

In other words:
    Attached Images  

Rift Disciple

Good to know that unless you care about fluff, which most raiders don't, we can just skip this event and continue to raid log like we normally do.

Shadowlander

Wow they are basically running out what they had last year. Sad state of affairs.

Telaran

This is what you get when you keep paying. You keep paying, the don't have to worry.

Anniversary event and now this. I mean, that is like zero input at all...

Rift Disciple

Unhappy

Gosh, what an excellent encouragement of hitting snooze during this event. Thanks for the quality feedback caduto, such a shame the subtle hints have been completely ignored.

At least we have seen that there is some open world gear that is completely irrelevant for almost the entire community because we have had almost 3 years to complete the current raid and so even the PVPers, dimesioneers and role-players have seen the full breadth of this content.

Not even a new dimension item, when they have a small army of artists standing by in the gamigo offices churning out skinned mounts.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mobi View Post
    Great questions, I caught up with the team and have some answers!

1 - The supply crate will remain the same for this year.
    2 - Not planned to pick quests of missed weeks. Keep questing up-to-date!
    3 - No new necklaces this time.
    4 - Not planned to have new dimension items.
    5 & 6 - These two will be related.
    7 - Fix incoming to display it as costume!
    8 - Only the Sun Oracle Parchments this year.
    9 - These will remain as Premium only.
    10 - No prize reduction planned.
    11 - Not planned for new minions.
    What the hell is the point then? What is there to encourage people to do this crap?

you might as well tell the player base "you don't matter, go screw yourselves."

Channel your inner gamer... are you really ok with this? really?? No new necklace or any new gear what-so-ever? not even a crappy dim item? Years old mounts still being sold for full price....

do you guys have a going bet on how stupid you think the player base? who wins this months pot?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Samford View Post
    What the hell is the point then? What is there to encourage people to do this crap?

you might as well tell the player base "you don't matter, go screw yourselves."

Channel your inner gamer... are you really ok with this? really?? No new necklace or any new gear what-so-ever? not even a crappy dim item? Years old mounts still being sold for full price....

do you guys have a going bet on how stupid you think the player base? who wins this months pot?
    It has been like that since gamigo took over. I still don't get how people are surprised?

Oh right, wait some more, good things are comming, we are working on stuff, etc....

Soulwalker

Can you at make the old mounts not bind on pickup? Account bound would be perfect.
    Adding a new mount each year in this category, while keeping old here will make it impossible to collect them all on one character.

Also, make the price of the mounts show in shop. Same issue as earlier, only credit is shown in shop window and you have to visit vendor to see the currency price for it.

The price on some old items used to be reduced each year as we got new items for full price, now without any new items the price also remains the same. Can it be concider lower currency for the oldest wardrobes/dimension items?

Wow, just gonna say in short, what pretty much everyone already said there: REALLY DISAPPOINTING, but at least thanks for taking the hopes away, so we can do something more valuable with our time than hang around waiting for something

I wonder why they call us to test the event when everything is the same like all the other years. There will be nothing new to test so we can waste our time differently.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kuradid View Post
    It has been like that since gamigo took over. I still don't get how people are surprised?
    No, it's suddenly gotten much worse. Until this Autumn Harvest, World Events were still adding a bunch of new dimension items, a new dimension key, multiple new wardrobe items, at least one new pet and a new BIS cape or jewelry item. Don't see any of that this Autumn Harvest.

Caduto's 2020 Autumn Harvest page lists just 5 new items - 2 mounts, 1 title, 1 illusion item and 1 costume item.

Indeed..

This is simply not enough to keep players engaged (or spending money) during a world event. Other events during the past few years have at least given a bare minimum of items to earn/buy, even with very few new cheevos and zero new quests or fun stuff.

Autumn Harvest 2020 as it stands on the PTS right now is just not good enough.
    I had really hoped that this was just a 'first pass' and that with some player feedback you would add more before release.
    Thank you for at least confirming that this is not the case and preventing false hope.

Rift Chaser

As a raider only player, i'm happy that for one time we don't have any new BiS gear item.

Since we don't have any new raid and/or harder content coming, there is no point in increasing even more players power. A 200-300 AP/SP boost to a necklace won't give any dps to the more casual player, while top end raider are already close to the max and don't need that anymore.

As someone already said to me "it will give them something to work on", working on something that won't give any DPS won't make them stronger, spending this time learning a spec will give them more than a gear piece.

I never do any events outside of what i need for the BiS gears, and finally a year where i don't have to grind for few hundred of APs, which aren't usefull anyway in the current state of the game.

Was just my point of view as a "raid only" type of player.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 10-17-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask on Discord, In Game, on my specs guides or via private message. There is also a Prima Q&A to ask your questions or find some answers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast