+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Autumn Harvest

Default Autumn Harvest

Autumn Harvest was always my favorite event.

Saddened.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    As a raider only player, i'm happy that for one time we don't have any new BiS gear item.

Since we don't have any new raid and/or harder content coming, there is no point in increasing even more players power. A 200-300 AP/SP boost to a necklace won't give any dps to the more casual player, while top end raider are already close to the max and don't need that anymore.
    Wouldn't a 200-300 AP/SP boost give a bigger dps boost to a casual player than for a raider with all BIS gear?

What I have done in the past is get a new necklace for my best-geared casual toon and recycle the previous one to a lesser geared toon. The lesser geared toon would get the bigger boost.

If there is no necklace upgrade, that doesn't gives me much incentive.

Halloween is a holiday for costumes and creepy decorations. It fits perfectly with a game that is about killing monsters. I looked forward to new Autumn Harvest wardrobe items and new creepy dimension items. No new dimension items and 1 new wardrobe item is a huge disappointment.

How hard is it to take existing artwork and recycle it into some new Halloween-themed dimension items? There are all sorts of skeletons, ghosts, werewolves, demons and other monsters in the game that would make great dimension items. Many existing wardrobe items would make good dimension items as done with the purple-glow weapon dimension items for the current Battle Pass. They were wardrobe items from the Grim Remembrance event.

There are all sorts of good suggestions for new dimension items in the "Thread: The New Official Dimension Request List" on the Dimensions Forum.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Wouldn't a 200-300 AP/SP boost give a bigger dps boost to a casual player than for a raider with all BIS gear?

What I have done in the past is get a new necklace for my best-geared casual toon and recycle the previous one to a lesser geared toon. The lesser geared toon would get the bigger boost.

If there is no necklace upgrade, that doesn't gives me much incentive.
    Since the current BiS necklace is fairly easy to get (Vostigar Overlord) even a casual player should have it after all the time we had to farm it.
    Learning specs timing and advanced rotation will give more dps than a necklace even if this one give 1.5k AP/SP.

Let's imagine a geared prima with 50k AP, getting 1500 AP is like a 3% AP upgrade, so about 0.5% to 1.5% dps gain, if he get the exact same fight with the exact same crit rate.
    Being unlucky on crit, or doing a mistake in the rotation, and that 1.5% dps gain won't even matter, since he'll loose a lot more than 2% total dps. (A timing mistake in prima is about 5 to 15% dps loss depending on where the mistake was made in the rotation)
    Same goes for other classes, and a lot of them scale less with AP, compare to Prima.
    That's why i said learning more in depth a spec someone like to play in raid, will reward more dps overall.
    Let's take another class. It's like seeing a Rogue with capped CP and mix T1/T2 gear only doing 1.1 to 1.2m dps, it's obviously a timing error since a T1 rogue can go up to 1.6m dps in BoS if timing on bosses are good.

Top players don't have magical power, or better gear since we had plenty of time to gear in BoS, they just had more practice on their specs and bosses.

Big sorry for all those useless informations about Autumn Harvest event, but at least now they are here to clarify why I keep my position on the fact that we don't need anymore new BiS gear until new content come out.

I'd better see more in depth testing about the new Synergy Cristals that were datamined, rather than low AP/SP necklace coming .
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask on Discord, In Game, on my specs guides or via private message. There is also a Prima Q&A to ask your questions or find some answers.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post

Let's imagine a geared prima with 50k AP, getting 1500 AP is like a 3% AP upgrade, so about 0.5% to 1.5% dps gain, if he get the exact same fight with the exact same crit rate.
    Being unlucky on crit, or doing a mistake in the rotation, and that 1.5% dps gain won't even matter, since he'll loose a lot more than 2% total dps. (A timing mistake in prima is about 5 to 15% dps loss depending on where the mistake was made in the rotation)
    Same goes for other classes, and a lot of them scale less with AP, compare to Prima.
    That's why i said learning more in depth a spec someone like to play in raid, will reward more dps overall.
    That's all Greek to me. We may play the same game but we play in entirely different worlds. I'm not a raider. I play for fun and relaxation not to stress over losing a few percentage dps because of a mistake in my rotation.

The World Events are always a highlight to me and getting a new BIS gear item is a fun tradition. I don't need the extra dps. It's more the satisfaction of earning a fancy item via the World Event.

Very disappointed the new event neck will have last years stats. A new event should bring bis like it always has. Just one more reason not to log back in to Rift.

So this years harvest budget was spent on reskinning 2 mounts? I would've taken even one new wardrobe item over that :T

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

There are 2 new mounts, a set of wings in wardrobe, a title and an illusion effect that turns you into a shambler.
    You can see the items on Cadrift.net Autumn Harvest Shopping page.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    an illusion effect that turns you into a shambler.
    So it seems that the Harvest Leafling Serum turns your character into a shambler with brown leaves while Summerfest's, The Shambler Stick, turns another character into a shambler with green leaves.

Too bad those items don't work on both your character and other characters.

Maybe for Fae Yule we can get an item that polymorphs into a snow-covered shambler.

The new mounts cannot be purchased with credits. I get a "This item cannot be sold" error when I try. If that could be fixed that would be marvellous
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Newest Dimensions - "C-RP Monfrey Estate" - Chay, Legions Lost Factory - Dancingmoon. 2018 Storyroom winner - "Lest We forget" - Karinerasis.
    Typhiria - EU (Argent survivor) - Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2