+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New upgrade paths

Telaran

Default New upgrade paths

I have seen the upgrade paths for the new items, and rough numbers at 2 minutes a rift 10 minutes per vp colossi and 1 minute per invasion you are looking at about 40 hours per item (less if doing multiple at a time obviously) I would rather some sort of chronicle was added that actually required some skill and/or a group to finish rather than killing what amounts to no reward open world trash for no reason other than make it take longer.

the current system of some rifts/invasions/spe/craftable mats\raids would also be acceptable. I just dont feel like you should be rewarded with the best or near best items in game simply because you have no life, nor do I think killing for example 1000 invasions is interesting or immersive in any way shape or form.

maybe start by not insulting players who enjoy farming in this way and you might be taken more seriously

instead of complaining about the upgrade path that has been given, try suggesting other options instead.

and NO not raiding.. these weapons are specifically designed for non-raiders
    these are PLANAR weapons, upgraded by doing planar activities

also, your 'rough numbers' are waaaaay off..
    the rifts are semi-farm able due to being able to pop them and a rift tear always being available somewhere (though we know that even rift tears can become scarce with enough people popping and farming rifts) and, just because you can close a rift in 2mins, doesn't mean others can.
    but the VP events? require a VP zone event, which requires people and has a cooldown
    the invasions, yes they can be kind of be spawned using the onslaught locations, but these can be difficult for some players to solo and i'm not sure if there is one for every plane
    and the footholds.. footholds require a rift to be open, for that rift to spawn invasions and for those invasions to make it to a foothold location and spawn it.. i really cant see this happening much. the footholds will by far be the most painful and time consuming things.. and the weapon requires 900 of them for full upgrade

Shadowlander

it actually takes longer than that for vp if there aren't many people on and/or you have few people doing the forts, ive done vp's that take 40 mins each, that alone will add <40 more hours, moreover you went 2 mins per rift, fully closing a major rift takes longer than that, it takes an average of 5 mins in cel. ia's and takes closer to 10 if in a drr, so unless you wanna run around opening major rifts around the celestial lands and doing them to a timed stage before you abandon them and come back after it times out thats going to take average 7-8 mins, which for 100 major rifts if 8-10 hours added, so your 40 hours is optimistic, im estimating it could take up to 90 hours per item if you dont go out and "cheat" your way through rifts just for upgrades and you get bad luck on vp times...this if course doesn't factor in how long you have to wait for invasions to form or how long it takes to get through the first 2 stages of xarth skull if you choose to do your 1000 invasions in a farmable manner rather than just running around looking for invasions or doing the up-gradable ward style ones

and of course none of those time estimates factor in how long it takes for events to actually spawn, thats just the time it's potentially going to take once the events do spawn, so add in countless hours of waiting for the events to spawn

this is of course going to push new and old players alike away from the game, while i agree that only needing two amenders and 1 storm cell (or a similarly low amount of easily obtainable mats) in order to upgrade best in slot gear is too easy, i think that we have gone from one extreme to another, going from "collect these 3 easy to obtain mats" to "spend 90 hours +spawn time farming all of these events/rifts etc" is a very drastic step and a big misstep at that, its going to force people into hundred of hours of farming just to be 'viable' for raiding or force them out of raiding altogether with no other option which is going to kill the game.

also cad, he does actually suggest another route to take, two in fact
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    I would rather some sort of chronicle was added that actually required some skill and/or a group to finish rather than killing what amounts to no reward open world trash for no reason other than make it take longer.

the current system of some rifts/invasions/spe/craftable mats\raids would also be acceptable.
    buuuut... let's get beyond the whole 'this is too much work arguement' and look at it from another perspective... the main reason people do irotp/tdnm nowadays is for the warrior offhand/cleric totem in tdnm and for the eternal upgrade in irotp, dropped armour etc is largely (but not completely) viewed as a bonus rather than a necessity, taking away the eternal weapons validity will also take away the core reason most people do the two t1 raids which in itself will be another problem in that newer characters/people new to raiding will not easily be able to find a route into current raiding short of finding a raiding guild willing and able to do (with the potential removal of eternal weapons) largely pointless 'older' (t1) raids.
    Last edited by Caitona; 03-27-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    Specs@Wolfsbane, Caitona@Hailol, Brodhar@Deepwood, Murneva@Hailol, Gadria@Hailol, Annarisa@Hailol

Telaran

I suggested 2 different ideas

1. a chronicle of some sort solo/group
    2. the current system of mats/rifts/5mans/raids

I was being extremely generous with completion times 1 minute to kill a rift 1 minute to find another 10 minutes per vp event, and seconds to kill an invasion the rest of a minute to find another, lots of that can also be completed through random happenstance doesn't change the fact your objection to my numbers are they are too low meaning it would take even longer.

So yes spending 40+ hours to upgrade an item completely not needed for someone that doesn't "raid" that drops from an open world "raid" boss is completely uninteresting to me lacks imagination, and is there simply to make it take longer is rewarding people an item by your own words they dont need and got simply to kill time is rewarding having no life. New content should be interesting and pull players in, not an excuse to rehash the same content people have been playing for a decade yet again.

yes my objection to your numbers are that they are too low...
    and yes i do agree that the upgrade path could be a lot more varied and a lot less 'do this over and over again'. Adding materials is just another step that can be farmed/bought very quickly, adding a chronicle, even a new one would still be a repetitive action.

The creator has decided on some planar activities to upgrade this planar weapon..
    the path at the moment requires....

----------------------------------------------------------------

TOTALS:

Rifts:
    Close Air Rifts level 66 or higher x375
    Close Earth Rifts level 66 or higher x375
    Close Fire Rifts level 66 or higher x375
    Close Water Rifts level 66 or higher x375
    Close Life Rifts level 66 or higher x375
    Close Death Rifts level 66 or higher x375
    Close Rifts level 66 or higher x600
    Total Rifts: 2850

Invasions:
    Defeat Air Invasions level 66 or higher x700
    Defeat Earth Invasions level 66 or higher x700
    Defeat Fire Invasions level 66 or higher x700
    Defeat Water Invasions level 66 or higher x700
    Defeat Life Invasions level 66 or higher x700
    Defeat Death Invasions level 66 or higher x700
    Defeat Invasions level 66 or higher x1800
    Total Invasions: 6000

Footholds:
    Defeat Air Footholds level 66 or higher x150
    Defeat Earth Footholds level 66 or higher x150
    Defeat Fire Footholds level 66 or higher x150
    Defeat Water Footholds level 66 or higher x150
    Defeat Life Footholds level 66 or higher x150
    Defeat Death Footholds level 66 or higher x150
    Total Footholds: 900

VP Bosses:
    Defeat Collossi in Vostigar Peaks x500

Major Rifts:
    Close Major Rifts level 66 or higher x100

----------------------------------------------------------------

It is painfully repetitive.
    20 upgrade stages is awesome, yes this weapon should take time to build and not be farmed within a week or two, but there needs to be variety!
    There are always going to be people who grind it non-stop and get it done quickly.

This new weapon is NOT a best in slot item.. If the upgrade path doesn't appeal to you then the weapon is not aimed at you and that is fine.
    we can only hope that in the future there will be gear and content that is for the raiders!

note: players have been BEGGING for an alternative to the eternal weapon upgrade that doesnt involve raiding for years
    Last edited by caduto; 03-27-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

Ultimately some people were asking for this, its not designed for everyone. I wont be doing this on anything but a warrior, and over a long time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    Ultimately some people were asking for this, its not designed for everyone. I wont be doing this on anything but a warrior, and over a long time.
    Even then i'd be better off with a overlord weapon from NMTD

Telaran

I was strictly looking at....

New upgrade paths-image0.jpg

That is at least 40 hours of farming...

and FYI these Items are BIS, or near bis

New upgrade paths-bis.jpg

That 1h mace will push the eternal to OH, and will add much greater dps to warrior attacks minus the eternal proc which will still work in the OH, and it provides better stats.

If you dont raid you dont need final stage eternal so why is it even an issue? TTK on a lvl 69 in quest greens is like 3 seconds or less seriously whats the point? how much easier do you need it? game progression should drive gear progression not a desire to be sitting in full final tier raid gear because you farmed leather long enough.

I also dont care if people spend currency acquired doing something they want to do, vs time on something they dont want to do, instead of trashing me, why dont you suggest something better, since you clearly dont care for the new upgrades either.
    Last edited by beefy1212; 03-27-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    Even then i'd be better off with a overlord weapon from NMTD
    you really wouldn't see screenshot above, new mace has more dps, better stats, adds CP it is better except maybe a little completely trival dodge amount.

Telaran

wow...

note: players have been BEGGING for an alternative to the eternal weapon upgrade that doesn't involve raiding for years
    so if they DON'T raid what do they require a better weapon than those of us who actually did grind a long time for?

No Irotp, no TDnm, no BOS ... so what the hell do they need such massive Stats on this new weapon for non raiders exactly? to build Dimensions? to do IA's with all the cool kids? to stand about the entrance to BOS and just hang it out to show off with?

fking cry babies are still at it!

If people don't want to raid for the BiS weapons, then at least there's an alternative. Both are content, and at these upgrades are the content that non-raiders are more inclined to do. I do agree the numbers are quite high, and adding crafting mats to the list might be more appealing and stimulate the crafting economy (lol, video game economy.) Colossi are a pain in the *ss, but so are most content that requires other people to participate, so I'm inclined to say that most of the upgrades should be things that can be solo grinded out at practically any time.

But at the end of the day, don't get too worked up about content you won't do anyways because there'll be actual BiS content eventually.

Planar weapon?
    Its different from the eternal weapon? I remember being stuck at the stage that needed to kill a boss at IROTP and that's when I stopped upgrading cause im not into raiding that much.
    Planar weapon is a new one that require planar activities to upgrade it ? How you get it?

Planar Weapons are currently only on PTS during Dev testing times and will be released at some point in the future along with some other open world content.
    Kerilar has said he will try to make time for more testing next week.

Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post
    so if they DON'T raid what do they require a better weapon than those of us who actually did grind a long time for?

fking cry babies are still at it!
    It's the timeless argument of Need versus Want. I don't NEED raidgear, but I sure WANT it to make my out-of-raids activites that much easier. That goes for pretty much any game if this kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

The new weapon does come close toj/will be bis in stats.. It also gives the option to take pressure off bis essences/fragments, since it has a cp bonus.. that in itself makes you can take a second look at your essences/fragments..

And upgrade paths.. if it is not to your liking.. don't go for it. High numbers..the only limitation would be, that it takes a specific type..

And have there not been complaints by players, that eternals got a nerf in upgrade path, while others loved it? And keep in mind.. this is PTS.. all can change till and way after going to live.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast