+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Taerentym

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiler Changes - Some Suggestions

Default Defiler Changes - Some Suggestions

Hey there

Recently i fiddled around with the talent tree. Therefor, i tried combining Defiler with Inquisitor. It does work, but the Rotation is a pain in the a..e and there is a rapid dps loss due to massive gcd issues and offset cooldowns. Well, however, i would like to suggest some changes to make Cleric great again. I do not dare to ask for 1 Second Global Cooldown, but i have some other Changes to suggest.

Bond of Pain
    - Reduce Cooldown to 30 seconds

Furious Might
    - Increase Damage done by 25% for 15 seconds
    - Gain 5 Stacks of Rage

Greeds Corruption
    - Increase Dot length to 24 Seconds

Marrow Harvest
    - Count as a Rage Effect
    - Gain 1 Stack of Rage

Link of Misery
    - This will kill you in raids... Reduce the Amount of damage by the following ability (go on reading)

Scarred Heart
    - Reduces Damage taken from your Greed Spells by 20/40/60% and reduces linked Damage from Link of Misery by additional 5/10/15%

Cheers
    Honeybadga@blightweald - Dps Cleric of Exploit

and besides:

Scientific Progress goes "BOINK"

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by Mylneria View Post
    Hey there

Recently i fiddled around with the talent tree. Therefor, i tried combining Defiler with Inquisitor. It does work, but the Rotation is a pain in the a..e and there is a rapid dps loss due to massive gcd issues and offset cooldowns. Well, however, i would like to suggest some changes to make Cleric great again. I do not dare to ask for 1 Second Global Cooldown, but i have some other Changes to suggest.

Bond of Pain
    - Reduce Cooldown to 30 seconds

Furious Might
    - Increase Damage done by 25% for 15 seconds
    - Gain 5 Stacks of Rage

Greeds Corruption
    - Increase Dot length to 24 Seconds

Marrow Harvest
    - Count as a Rage Effect
    - Gain 1 Stack of Rage

Link of Misery
    - This will kill you in raids... Reduce the Amount of damage by the following ability (go on reading)

Scarred Heart
    - Reduces Damage taken from your Greed Spells by 20/40/60% and reduces linked Damage from Link of Misery by additional 5/10/15%

Cheers

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll show the team for sure! 😄

Default Experimental Build

40 Defiler
    36 Inquisitor
    0 Druid

Quick definetly not perfect parse:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Defiler Changes - Some Suggestions-20191227020627_1.jpg  
    Attached Images  
    Honeybadga@blightweald - Dps Cleric of Exploit

and besides:

Scientific Progress goes "BOINK"

I posted 3 bugs Defiler has on the bugs section of the forums that are relevant to this thread, I think.

I have a few suggestions that I feel would make Defiler playable after having messed around with 61 Defiler for more time than is probably healthy:

1) Explosive Rage - give it a chance per rage effect (i was thinking 10%, up to 40%, to stay in line) on target to refresh all active rage spells on that target. This takes out a HUGE amount of burden from the cleric, as 4 of those DoTs run on 3 different timers and Defiler desperately needs some kind of refresh mechanic. Each rage DoT will have a chance on refresh to instantly grant Rage stacks, since that's just the way it works right now.

2) Bond of Pain - Reduce the CD to 30s.

3) Aggressive Avarice - give it a chance to refresh Greed's Corruption. Greed's Corruption is otherwise a dead spell. If you give it a chance to be refreshed, it could be less dead. Miserly Affliction doesn't need a refresh mechanic because you cast it if nothing else needs casting.

4) Link of Misery - Make it a Brother in Arms (Warlord) clone. 1hr buff and all that.

5) Legendary Unstable Transformation - Increase duration to 15 seconds.

6) Scarred Heart (talent) - Reduce damage taken from Greed spells by 33%/66%/100%. Please for all that is good, remove self damage from Defiler. It does more DPS to itself in PvP than to other players, and It's a meaningless mechanic in PvE that only serves to punish hybrid options.

7) Legendary Pain Transmission - oGCD. This gives it a much smoother use, as it's meant to be used as a "rage greed's call".

8) Marrow Harvest - oGCD - 6s CD. This just makes it smoother to use and an actual spell outside refreshing the +5% non-phys damage debuff.

How about making Defiler theme so that he embraces the death in everyone and enhances it to cheat said death.
    Also a bond system that lets the defiler use theyr allies as minions for his own reasons would work out.
    A gobbo spell to transmog allies and can troll dismount them woult be the cherry ontop.

:Kappa: :Keppo:

The sacrifice-life-for-damage theme would be more fun in melee as the mad flesh doc goes to town.
    Pain Transmission was cool once and became a pretty boring 41 ability. Having the Links explode it was brilliant.
    Warchanter took alot of mechanics from Defiler. Defiler surely needs the puppetmaster theme back. Atm it's on a Leto-Joker level. Rage&Greed

The SL Defiler would be a play to make melee pvp enjoyable.

-> The Defiler Has one 10% link and another 3 links without % (Working Like Nature's Blessing) which makes Pain Transmission tick through them and can procc a simple hot in return.

:MonkaS:
    Last edited by Shas; 12-29-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

All neato ideas! I'll document them for the team to look at!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    All neato ideas! I'll document them for the team to look at!
    A few more ideas to consider

rage extraction "explodes" cleaving nearby targets every time a greed effect damages the target (similar to hellfire blades) or has a 40% chance per tick targets damaged in this manner take 30% of damage now has a 24 sec cd

beacon of despair now taunts any enemy that hits the cleric with single target attacks, beacon is healed for 15% of heals received on cleric from another player, beacon of despair now also receives husk of indifference if known (50% reduction)

Husk of indifference/scarred heart now also reduce defiler gcd by .1/.3/.5 also has a 5/10/15% chance to proc bond of pain if known when struck

somatic desecration creates a ground field causing enemies that enter the field to cause 5% less damage and take 5% more damage targets weaken by Somatic desecration cause all defiler dots to tick twice as often (scales based on your stacks of rage) and to heal the cleric for 5-10% of damage (scales based on stacks of greed).

instant cast legendary Aggressive Avarice/explsoive rage are now ogcd

bond of torment heals for 5% of player health

bond of corruption has a chance to apply all known bond effects when struck in combat last 30 sec 1/min cd

pain transmission applies all known rage and greed effects up to 5 targets within 7m of target.

casting greed effects in pvp no longer causes damage to cleric, or has damage properly reduced to reflect pvp damage effect (98% reduction or so)
    Last edited by beefy1212; 01-15-2020 at 03:24 AM.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    A few more ideas to consider

rage extraction "explodes" cleaving nearby targets every time a greed effect damages the target (similar to hellfire blades) or has a 40% chance per tick targets damaged in this manner take 30% of damage now has a 24 sec cd

beacon of despair now taunts any enemy that hits the cleric with single target attacks, beacon is healed for 15% of heals received on cleric from another player, beacon of despair now also receives husk of indifference if known (50% reduction)

Husk of indifference/scarred heart now also reduce defiler gcd by .1/.3/.5 also has a 5/10/15% chance to proc bond of pain if known when struck

somatic desecration creates a ground field causing enemies that enter the field to cause 5% less damage and take 5% more damage targets weaken by Somatic desecration cause all defiler dots to tick twice as often (scales based on your stacks of rage) and to heal the cleric for 5-10% of damage (scales based on stacks of greed).

instant cast legendary Aggressive Avarice/explsoive rage are now ogcd

bond of torment heals for 5% of player health

bond of corruption has a chance to apply all known bond effects when struck in combat last 30 sec 1/min cd

pain transmission applies all known rage and greed effects up to 5 targets within 7m of target.

casting greed effects in pvp no longer causes damage to cleric, or has damage properly reduced to reflect pvp damage effect (98% reduction or so)

I marked these down as well! Thank you for your contribution!

+ Reply to Thread