+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update - 7/22/19 - Cleric Adjustments

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default PTS Update - 7/22/19 - Cleric Adjustments

Alpha has been updated with some changes for several cleric abilities. These changes are intended to help bring clerics more in line with the other callings. As always, these changes are not final, so please post your feedback and call out anything that might be broken.

Cleric Changes:
    Radical Coalescence cooldown reduced from 2min to 1min
    Legendary Radical Coalescence cooldown reduced from 2min to 1min
    Legendary Icy Blow stacks reduced from 2 to 1
    Legendary Icy Blow damage increased by 50%
    Massive Blow damage increased by 30%
    Brutalize damage increased by 100%
    Jolt damage increased by 50%
    Eruption of Life stacks changed to be unlimited over 20 seconds, and is now on a 0.5 second Internal Cool Down.
    Legendary Fae Mimicry now ignores the cool down of up to 5 casts before ending.
    Legendary Fae Mimicry now refreshes Eruption of Life on the target
    Conduit of Nature the Faerie Seer grants 0.5 Global Cool Down

Changes added 7/25/19

Cleric:
    Fixed a bug that caused Legendary Shadow’s Touch to grant a 20% damage increase to all Cabalist abilities.

Primalist:
    Reduced the amount healed by Fortune Protection by 25% in PvP
    Reduced the amount healed by Legendary Fortune Protection by 25% in PvP
    Reduced the healing boost granted by Primal Avatar: Ouroboros to be in line with other healing abilities in PvP
    Reduced the amount healed by Impending Fate by 25% in PvP
    Reduced the amount healed by Insight by 25% in PvP

Misc:
    The EP3 Gear Merchant now sells an Eternal Weapon Box, this box grants the Eternal Weapon for your current calling.

Changes added 8/1/19

Cleric:
    Overproliferation now increases the effect of spell power on Eruption of Life by 16% and 32%.
    Removed the portion Eruption of Life and Overproliferation’s tooltips that referenced stacks.

Primalist:
    Updated Primalist level 64 Mastery Heavy Handed to reduce critical chance as specified in tooltip.

Primalist - Farseer:
    Reduced healing of Impending Fate by 50% in PvP.
    Reduced healing of Fortune Protection by 50% in PvP.

Misc:
    The EP3 Gear Merchant now sells a new Gear Box, this box contains DPS gear from Bastion of Steel based on your current calling.

Daily Rewards Calendar: As the initial part of the daily calendar revamp some rewards have been altered based on player feedback.
    • Opie’s Artifact Stashes will now attempt to give you an artifact that you have not collected yet, when possible.
    • Primal Planarite Cache contains more planarite for most level ranges.
    • The Individual Reward Charge from Day 14 has been changed, it is now a bind to account item that does not stack. When consumed the item will grant an individual reward charge, it does not extend the cap of 100 charges and charges in excess of 100 will be lost.
    • Day 5 now drops 1,000 Celestial Remnant instead of Voidstones.

Changes added 8/8/19

General:
    • Fixed a bug with Opie's Artifact Stashes that prevented them from trying to award an uncollected artifact if possible.
    • The presence of the Guardians of the Vigil has been decreased inside the Temple of Aia

Warrior – Warchanter:
    • Comradery now properly reduces the cooldown of Encouragements when using finishers other than Suvivor’s Slash.

Mage – Archon:
    • Lava Field no longer applies its buff to Pets or NPC allies.

Changes added 8/15/19

Druid Changes:
    • Peace of the Forest now Restores 12% mana and Consumes 6% health.
    • Tricksters Bolt decreased mana cost
    • Increased the damage of Legendary Resounding Blow

Inquisitor Changes:
    • Increased the bonus damage from Agent of Affliction to 3/6/9/12/15%
    • Adjustment to damage values of Bolt of Retribution and Bolt of Judgement
    Last edited by Avathar; 08-15-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Wow. Are all classes getting some adjustments? Assuming so.
    Traetor - 70 Rogue
    Dogmatic - 70 Primalist

holy.. what? Am I dreaming? Cleric buffs?!

also, can Legendary Fervent Strike please have 30m/35m range?
    Last edited by Xydru; 07-22-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

clerics have been a bit behind in terms of ease so these changes are very welcome, druid may become the new meta!

Is there any chance Aggressive Inquisition could be reduced to a 30 second cooldown? This would create a natural rotation for maintaining mental resilience in between Radical Coalescence cooldowns.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Thumbs up

WOW.... I don't even care that the servers have crashed 5 times today <3 finally, some love to clerics- thank you!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Is there any chance Aggressive Inquisition could be reduced to a 30 second cooldown? This would create a natural rotation for maintaining mental resilience in between Radical Coalescence cooldowns.
    This is ok, but DEVs if you go through with it please please please also consider reducing damage by half as well at least for pvp. AI is already cancer @ 1min CD. With the RC decrease being blown up every 15secs with little to no reaction won't be fun, Inquisitor has to much kit to be that OP at range.

Great to see some cleric love btw
    Last edited by Phantomsiege; 07-22-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Yo gud news.

Shaman rotation won't change until crushing blow recieves a buff at least matching a fully buffed icy blow -20%

EoL seems to turn into bis for Inquisitor aswell (one MORE thing to keep on target)
    Reduced coal is reasonable. Further buffs shoul docus on single ticks for pve only eternal boni.

0.5 Droud sounds out of hand for now.
    1.0 Warlord with ogcd's with the laggy servers is on an edge to playability already.

To bring Classes "back in line" , not only the st- spamability but also the flexibility needs to be addresses.
    Shaman has 5 things to apply before doing damage, Inq has 6 (now 7) before bursting with alot of them bein on-target.

Prima has 3 (hot pot scald+mw)
    Rogue 1 (destro calculated shot)
    Mage 1(3) (ele fire storm, ignite, life leech)
    Warr 2 (4) (RB rift strike, flame spear, leg tactics)

The current Cleric dps picture feels cluncy, forcing you to keep up raw dmg% abilities before entering a mechanical rotation. Maybe Bolt of Light, Inscribe Fate etc can be handled a bit differently (fire/ life dmg applies 15% dmg taken at a target?).
    Call: Razor Beast is passive 20% ogcd with 2/3 rd uptime.
    The class inbalance not only comes from a 61 potential but the syeergy of main+ offsouls where almost any cleric offsoul provides (another) gcd and buff to keep up. (compared to the ogcd and passive options other classes provide).

Compare a spec performing on a dummy vs performing on EoA 1/4
    Hard to pull off a decent inqui there.
    Cleric needs a more flexible ranged option -buff Runeshaper?

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Telaran

It's good to see that Clerics are getting the buffs they need. I don't play Cleric but I know the feeling of being underpowered. (Reaver and Tempest nerfs at one point and Paragon not being viable. RB lol, a joke at the time.)

I hope you also consider working on adjusting the other classes as well. Paragon should be Warrior's top DPS if not Warlord. Primalists top DPS soul should be Predator or Primal lord. Rogue I believe Assassin. Basically melee>ranged.

For those who don't play cleric or have not tested yet, the conduit grants a .5 sec reduction to the gcd not a .5 gcd. The gcd changes from 1.5 sec to 1 sec.

Druid. My initial thoughts is that resounding blow becomes a bit more RNG or not ready when you expect it to be so it needs careful monitoring. Also, may want to use it during FM block. Once before and once during. Mana consumption is rather high even with using Peace of the Forest as much as possible eating away % of my life every cast. A good opportunity to change that ability. I really am not a big fan of sacrifice life to mana or deal damage abilities. Are they even reduced in PvP? Maybe a good fix would be to make EoL now reduce the cooldown of Resounding by more than 1.5sec. Maybe 1.8 or 2 secs.? Also, I hear pets consume raid buffs. Thanks for at least attempting to fix Druid. I can see it being a bit more fun to play in open-world content at least. The EoL change is a great QoL change for some specs but also can be an additional debuff to track for specs like inquisitor that already jam-packed with buffs, debuffs, and dots to track.

Shaman. I didn't test it much but those ideas seem great to fix scaling so I find that shaman may be the biggest winner from these changes. Thanks for the effort. It will do well at least for PvE.

Inquisitor. I like the RC change even though the DPS increase is very marginal for the change. It will help align cleric much better for Raid Cooldowns. And help to be a bit more competitive in PvP. Other classes burst frequency is so high and instantaneous in PvP.

Inquisitor doesn't really have a good standard rotation. So many buffs, dots, debuffs to track. Legendary Fervent Strike and Punishing Strike are buffs on yourself that require a target to maintain the buff. Lengendary Inscribe Fate + EoL are debuffs on the target. None which are off the GCD like most other classes. The three main dots, one of which you are timing Lengedary SH for the last ticks to hit outside of boss immunity or shields. Another buff that requires clipping channels to maintain Mental Resilience. You are doing all that sorting out while also trying to get into a position where you can stand and cast channels or non-instant abilities and also, moving in and out of melee to maintain LFS, or get some added damage from Shroud(if chosen to play the lesser ST dps version) since passive AE is on limited range around the cleric. You will also probably be told to be on interrupt and/or purge duty and have to watch out for other mechanics that force you to run constantly making your rotation even more clunky or breaking it altogether because you are forced to clip the best channel or stop casting non-instants or wait to do mechanics which have a great impact on DPS. It is definitely much more effort to min/max your playstyle with inquisitor than other classes preferred spec. I feel the effort isn't rewarded since it falls behind in DPS by a big margin from far more simplified specs in other classes that are far less intense and restricting to play.

My suggested QoL changes would be to make Legendary Fervent Strike into 30 sec. ogcd self-buff so no more requiring a target to maintain it or moving into melee to refresh it in a range soul. Make Legendary Inscribe Fate an OGCD self-buff instead of a debuff on a single target to help with target switching since the damage increase buff is now on the player and not a debuff on a single target. Make Mental Resilience buff last 1 min. instead of 30 secs. to stop clipping. Another non QoL suggestion is to buff Legendary Perseverance to be a better legendary for inquisitor than Legendary SH to help with some mobility issues. Make all the other channels, Nysyrs, Soul Stream, Harsh Discipline into powerful AE channels so Inquisitor can have some decent AE options?

Thank you. I hope you continue to compare classes and make adjustments to get the DPS(both AE and ST) and playability "much more" in line with each class. When you have experience with most classes you can tell that cleric needs a huge amount of love. Some people will look at increases like this and wonder how big of DPS will they gain. I will put it to those people cleric doesn't scale nearly as good as the other classes.Please do the testing yourself. If you can't test dps then test the playstyle and give input. The big increases you see with % probably will still leave them behind the other classes but at least more in line with mage and warrior at least in ST I assume. I can be wrong. I have found it difficult to test ever since they introduced Planar Fragments even on PTS so I can just go by what I assume only. Shaman changes seem great. I would not know where they fit competitively. Some of the other classes range specs are quite strong so it is very awkward to compare melee to range. It is sort of like comparing apples to oranges since being range by itself is already a big advantage both in PvP and PvE.

Edit: Some other things to consider that clerics brought up.
    Druid. Besides the mana issues(*everyone is complaining about this), FM gets consumed by utility like interrupts. "I usually spam my interrupt and if it is during FM block there goes my dps."
    More of a comparison. Druid and Shaman are clerics main melee specs both are very melee dependent. Maybe one should get a good way to handle disconnects.
    Debuffs on target vs. buffs on players. The later is better for target swapping.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-05-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Telaran

I'd go into PTS to help test it but there's no way to obtain a fully upgraded eternal in PTS. Even if I had a cleric with an eternal I wouldn't be able to copy to PTS because broken copy button.

Shadowlander

in a more general way it is necessary to revalorisse the PS I explain myself:

clerks / mages have around 80k PS of ps where the thief / war / prima have in the 50k PA

and yet on a given cost with a skill that it seems equivalent mage / cleric remains largely behind
    Last edited by allatout; 07-22-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Telaran

From someone who has played inquisitor since beta in 2011 I can say these are very good changes.

If you are tweaking the other thing I would say is if you can tweak the build up so it's not so long that would be great. For my inq dps build I'm making sure legendary perseverance is up 100%, keeping mental resilience up via channels, cast spiritual deficiency, legendary bolt of light from sentinel, and legonday fervent strike from druid. The legendaries really made the build up for cleric terribly long which it was already long enough prior to the introduction of legendaries.

Could you tackle one of the build up items? Maybe we can make spiritual deficiency into a self buff or get rid of it all together and buff up armor of awakenings dps buff 5-7% more to compensate?
    Last edited by JamesDSneed; 07-23-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDSneed View Post
    From someone who has played inquisitor since beta in 2011 I can say these are very good changes.

If you are tweaking the other thing I would say is if you can tweak the build up so it's not so long that would be great. For my inq dps build I'm making sure legendary perseverance is up 100%, keeping mental resilience up via channels, cast spiritual deficiency, legendary bolt of light from sentinel, and legonday fervent strike from druid. The legendaries really made the build up for cleric terribly long which it was already long enough prior to the introduction of legendaries.

Could you tackle one of the build up items? Maybe we can make spiritual deficiency into a self buff or get rid of it all together and buff up armor of awakenings dps buff 5-7% more to compensate?
    Couple of things....1) legendary perserverance is a dps loss and there isnt anything wrong with spiritual deficiency as it is now since inquis NEEDS the 1 second gcd. taking the gdc buff away would make inquis more clunky than it alrdy is with the 10+ button rotation

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Couple of things....1) legendary perseverance is a dps loss and there isn't anything wrong with spiritual deficiency as it is now since inquis NEEDS the 1 second gcd. taking the gdc buff away would make inquis more clunky than it already is with the 10+ button rotation
    If you are going for max burst, say in PvP, then legendary perseverance helps but I do understand if you are parsing raid numbers aka for long fights then I agree. This is why I suggested spiritual deficiency be built into a self buff instead of a castable debuff not because something is wrong with it, it is just an easy one to tweak.

Any other spec have this many build up spells to eek out dps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast