Closed Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update - 7/22/19 - Cleric Adjustments

Soulwalker

Default Class Changes PvP

Hopefully this is first of many class updates, either way buff or nerf all good things in my eyes. Without any specific mention (We could all go on for days) I would love to see more of a focus on melee capability among all classes. Shaman is a good start but let's face it they are just melee glass cannons. Warrior and Prima have souls that have a heavy aoe focus but lack the means to get in range because of all the heavy ranged dps. Not too familiar with Prima souls but I know that melee soul with the whirlwind was awesome upon release and they could melee a bit. Souls like Champion have had no love since release. Imo no mounting in pvp plus maybe an ascended raid CD that prevents CC for a few second on high CD could at LEAST be a start for warrior. In all honesty I chose warrior to be in MELEE range and to at least be able to provide AoE pressure or an AoE fear that doesn't get broken upon immediate damage. All in all keep the updates coming!

Quote Originally Posted by B4eazy View Post
    Not too familiar with Prima souls but I know that melee soul with the whirlwind was awesome upon release and they could melee a bit.
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!0kGaBkx0/

-

It's interesting to see that Mages, Warrors and Clerics being heavily dependent on the eternal uptime while Primalists can neglect them mostly and having the eternal bonus is more or less nice to have for them.

Said it somewhere earlyer: Changing the Eternal weps to a 2k bonus will twist the meta raound like a new-expansion-light. :P
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

The eternals should just be basic procs. We shouldn't have to base our specs and rotations around them. Changing the amount of bonus they provide doesn't change a thing.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!0kGaBkx0/

-

It's interesting to see that Mages, Warrors and Clerics being heavily dependent on the eternal uptime while Primalists can neglect them mostly and having the eternal bonus is more or less nice to have for them.

Said it somewhere earlyer: Changing the Eternal weps to a 2k bonus will twist the meta raound like a new-expansion-light. :P
    Agreed. A simple flat damage/heal proc would go a long way towards actually being able to balance the classes properly and have the abilities scale the same for pvp and pve.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Warlord would be such a blast (being so Eternal independent)
    (you can Play WL with 2 Td weapons and still do dmg)
    And oh wonder it's not a onebutton spammer.

May need to see a Warden without eternal bonus if it would turn viable that way
    Last edited by Shas; 07-30-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/item/A6F7...0101/Judgement

Eternal is such a joke for prima. 18k damage , with only 20% on dot and hot. When our top dps spell is a dot. And our top PvE heal is a hot.
    It's one of the few class who can do everything without his eternal, without drawback. That's also one of the reason it's so strong in PvP : prima don't need his eternal.
    Without it , we can still pull more than 1.3m dummy dps with the right specs.
    A flat 2k boost as said, or even a proc like NT ones , will make balance so much easier , without weird spells interaction with eternal.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 07-30-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Did Vp daylies with 2x random drop weps on Warlord and didn't even notice a difference.

[The type of spec we need and new people don't yet know they want ]

The ''mowgli'' primalist melee is strong, but it's also somewhat challanging and < fun to play
    Many Mages spent ages, desperately trying to get Warlock and Harbinger back in line.
    Warriors get tired of Riftblade and seek out for Paragon.

The Rogue eternal actually implements a fun gameplay mechanic but is somewhat on the Primalist side, only dramatically impacting the Bard/Tact.

People are ready. If it's the ''but people dwont enjoy a dps setback'' reason to hesitate, trion did it before this expansion. (and half of the people don't run a dps meter)

Rift always had a couple interesting meta storys/ quests (like wiping out troll clans to then trying to understand theyr culture)
    Not owning the Eternal weapon but being it's bi**h was a funny social experiment but it's been a while too long now :*
    Last edited by Shas; 07-30-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    Ahh, good point. I forgot that there would be separate specs (because I'm a noob that sometimes uses the same spec in pve and pvp... or at least, that's how I started pvp). I guess this might make it hard to compare, though, but thank you for your post.
    Farseer works differently. Take for instance the idea of puri. Shields to prevent damage. This is one way to handle damage. Cast your shield that damage is mitigated. Then take the traditional healer like most other mainstream healers which heal after the damage is taken. Someone has life missing you press the heal skill, their life goes up. Then there is farseer which you actually want to heal while damage is being taken rather than after or before damage is taken. Preferably below 50 or 60% of life so the healing isn't wasted. Fortune Protection talent and Impending Fate buff are mainly used in PvP but also synergy with other specs can boost its healing potential or survivability up. They have low access to their tank buff so while not doing any healing they can switch and cancel buff between the two popping their max life up and down. And also cross synergy with someone like link chanter or warlord linking/intercepting them their survival goes up. And if they choose to heal another spec that contains a lot of healing received talent their healing can go up dramatically. For those farseers who wonder why their healing is so strong on certain targets I hope that enlightens you.

Farseer do have healing reductions in PvP just it is still too strong for the basic knob turn. Cleric healing was the same but they have internal nerfs on top of the basic healing/absorb reduction. I don't think farseer ever had internal nerfs to its healing on top of that. If I am not mistaken AE healing should be reduced much more than ST healing in PvP which is why warden hasn't been good in PvP for a very long time. Most AE healing souls don't work well at all in PvP excluding farseer. The next closest which is still quite far in comparison would probably be a mage hybrid between FK and Chloro. I don't believe that nerfing farseer and just knob turning everyone up will fix healers in PvP since their are already good healing combinations that don't need much of an increase.. They will just need to be figured out before everyone ask for those classes heals to get nerfed. Cleric really won't benefit as much as the other healers from a knob turn since design and the way they play is a big part of the problem.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-30-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    The eternals should just be basic procs. We shouldn't have to base our specs and rotations around them. Changing the amount of bonus they provide doesn't change a thing.
    Agreed. A simple flat damage/heal proc would go a long way towards actually being able to balance the classes properly and have the abilities scale the same for pvp and pve.

and then at NT it was the case and the pvp was fun if we did 100,000k in pve we knew about pvp we were doing 10K

since when you hit 5000 in CC you have to be happy when you did 10k on 120k life bars

now you do 5k on bars of 250 to 300k and do not speak of heal a 2500 ...

then to remove the power of the eternal seems to me a very good option to put the game on the rail even if it will drastically decrease the time of all at a time

the game would be much simpler then balanced

Atm the game is benchmarkd around Eternal spoilt abominations (Warchanter having 4+ Eternals running)
    So first evening out the playing field to then set a new benchmark- lets say 1.1-1.3m dummy. sounds reasonable.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-30-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Well I am sad that they did not implement my suggestion to make Legendary Fervent Strike into a natural 35m range with 50%(instead of 15%) base bonus on all skills and being doubled on elemental damage for a total of 100%
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    Well I am sad that they did not implement my suggestion to make Legendary Fervent Strike into a natural 35m range with 50%(instead of 15%) base bonus on all skills and being doubled on elemental damage for a total of 100%
    ?

Just no.........what the **** haha.
    https://gyazo.com/ae345963423e9df4e70beb9decad7aff

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    If they did that with druid's .5 sec gcd then it would just be insane dps and way out of whack compaired to other souls. Its bad enough that with the change they are doing to Eruption of Life we clerics will have to go at least 8 points into druid for min/max dps

Tell someone that Piercing Beam gives 100% to everything and double effect one something. ;P

riot inc

Rift Chaser

tell someone Scything strike give 100% bonus and .... oh , wait
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 07-30-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast