Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update - 7/22/19 - Cleric Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Barabbas View Post
    Cleric:
    In general, needs to be rewarded for the damage loss of holding a shield..
    uhh you know cleric gets a 2 hand for their eternal weapon, right? You don't need to hold a shield for non-tanking.. The only thing that 1h+offhand does for cleric is give you faster melee attack animations and wardrobe options..

PS: Devs: Can Cleric/Mages/Warrior have 1h AND offhand eternal? For warriors it's HUGE dps gain to dual wield, and for clerics/mages, we just reeaaallly want it (and it *may* technically increase the melee dps of Shaman/Druid/Harbinger)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    uhh you know cleric gets a 2 hand for their eternal weapon, right? You don't need to hold a shield for non-tanking.. The only thing that 1h+offhand does for cleric is give you faster melee attack animations and wardrobe options..

PS: Devs: Can Cleric/Mages/Warrior have 1h AND offhand eternal? For warriors it's HUGE dps gain to dual wield, and for clerics/mages, we just reeaaallly want it (and it *may* technically increase the melee dps of Shaman/Druid/Harbinger)
    if you have the icy scythe from the winter event or the scythe from infernal dawn you can wardrobe it to get rid of the attack lag animation when meleeing as a cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    if you have the icy scythe from the winter event or the scythe from infernal dawn you can wardrobe it to get rid of the attack lag animation when meleeing as a cleric
    Sounds too good to be ture - bc it isn't i fear.
    Swords still have the fastest 2h animation since Hammer, axes, polearms and scythes use the same animation. (being somewhat above one second!) (The ''animation delay'' may be a misjudge by autoswings and ability swings clip each other?)
    Any 1h/ mace combo defenitly is below 1 sec.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-25-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Oh nice, I didn't know that ty! Now I just gotta build up some wardrobes around them...

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Sounds too good to be ture - bc it isn't i fear.
    man :/
    /10chars

Rift Disciple

for as long as i can remember scythes do not have the same animation delay as a hammer....so unless something has changed and it wasnt mentioned when i was told about it in NMT then i would like to see the patch notes about it or any kind of 100% definitive proof about it

Lightbulb

Well i rechecked before answering (which really takes one minute)

-> log in.
    -> lf a dummy
    -> press something melee
    -> wait until it finaly actualy swings

What's going on in this picture?. The gcd literaly is ready again before GS even gets applied to the target.

2H eternal still is what kills the cleric by alot. We are talking 9 abilities into a 10 sec Deep Freeze purely by masive delays.

0.5 sec igcd Druid with a weapon taking 1 sec to hit? yikes
    (1.0 sec Warlord already is pain to react to on a 2h)

I don't know what 100% proof you need when your frost or fire grasscutter has a massive delay between pressing a button over the charackter swinging to the target's health moving. Why patchnotes? maybe it changed passively (like fall dmg)
    Last edited by Shas; 07-25-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Rift Disciple

ok apologies i guess it did get ninja fixed somewhere down the line.....just did it with my ID wardrobe scythe and then again with the eternal 1hander and there is a massive difference so yeah an OH eternal would be nice since ive always been a MH/OH type personbut ill try a 2h sword or somethin to see if there is a difference to get close to a 1 hander but i doubt it

... Which is an absolute shame.
    Spoiler!

-> 2hSwords and Staves are the fastest 2h option and still bis for Primalists and Clerics.

-> Whoever still doubts on the 1h superiority please compare the weapon grouping on a Warlord, Riftblade or Shaman and tell me the 2h doesn't feel lagy.
    -> Try Shaman with the mace and a cheap totem in a RR or some other live encounter. It will feel like a weight falls off due to how much more responsive it feels.

funfact: the Harbinger's Attack delay takes the weapon wardrobe below the Charged blade as reference and thus a Dagger+Totem is bis for Harbinger (applies attacks and ignoring the Charged Blade animations)
    In case Mage comes next in line to fixes, please consider eternal 1h versions (not at last for the 2x SP rune option)
    Last edited by Shas; 07-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Rift Disciple

that spoiler was what i was looking for thx.....totally forgot about that. so unless they give us an eternal OH (which i doubt will happen) we will prolly have to fight for the OH off bellagosh which is not fun =/

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    Alpha has been updated with some changes for several cleric abilities. These changes are intended to help bring clerics more in line with the other callings. As always, these changes are not final, so please post your feedback and call out anything that might be broken.

Cleric Changes:
    Radical Coalescence cooldown reduced from 2min to 1min
    Legendary Radical Coalescence cooldown reduced from 2min to 1min
    Legendary Icy Blow stacks reduced from 2 to 1
    Legendary Icy Blow damage increased by 50%
    Massive Blow damage increased by 30%
    Brutalize damage increased by 100%
    Jolt damage increased by 50%
    Eruption of Life stacks changed to be unlimited over 20 seconds, and is now on a 0.5 second Internal Cool Down.
    Legendary Fae Mimicry now ignores the cool down of up to 5 casts before ending.
    Legendary Fae Mimicry now refreshes Eruption of Life on the target
    Conduit of Nature the Faerie Seer grants 0.5 Global Cool Down

Changes added 7/25/19

Cleric:
    Fixed a bug that caused Legendary Shadow’s Touch to grant a 20% damage increase to all Cabalist abilities.

Primalist:
    Reduced the amount healed by Fortune Protection by 25% in PvP
    Reduced the amount healed by Legendary Fortune Protection by 25% in PvP
    Reduced the healing boost granted by Primal Avatar: Ouroboros to be in line with other healing abilities in PvP
    Reduced the amount healed by Impending Fate by 25% in PvP
    Reduced the amount healed by Insight by 25% in PvP

Misc:
    The EP3 Gear Merchant now seels an Eternal Weapon Box, this box grants the Eternal Weapon for your current calling.
    First off, it's cool to see that you guys are starting to class balance again after such a long time.

I don't know much about clerics and how their soul callings work so i can't really give an opinion about any changes coming to them, but i can give a few opinions about primalists (especially farseers) since i have somewhat of a good idea how they work, including in warfronts. Generally speaking, a farseer does 5-7k (depending on how geared you are in terms of fragments and items) with Fortune protection, which results in a heal of 20-30k heals with the Impending buff. With the changes above, the heals would then theoratically speaking land on 3.7k-5.2k, which is like 15k-21k heals with impending fate.

For how farseer works with the heals jumping back and forth, I don't know if these changes are enough to make them less overpowered and it's a bit difficult to test it in PTS since there might not be enough pvpers especially that can meet up and try (might be wrong :P ).

P.S Awesome to see that the eternal weapon box is finally added in pts!
    https://gyazo.com/ae345963423e9df4e70beb9decad7aff

[QUOTE=Naught;5379971. so unless they give us an eternal OH (which i doubt will happen) we will prolly have to fight for the OH off bellagosh which is not fun =/[/QUOTE]

Sad part still is that even if the totem activates the mh scaling, the raw Sp from even the ol totem results in a loss compared to the eternal 2h.
    -> Never seen a full commitment setup with Eter 1h + ol 300 totem both with 414 sp runes.

At the very least for the druid changes - even if it's 1sec gcd in the end - it's as viable to test the said setup as parsing the currently broken pts druid.

Shadowlander

@Hokmah, I'm saying clerics 65 mastery punishing strike is by far the most soul dependent of the 65 masteries. I guess Primalist would be a close second but Savage Blow is a lot better than punishing strike.

I think the mastery should be like Power Manipulation but for clerics. Neutral between builds and souls.

Good point.

Ps is linked both to Druid and Shaman mechanics.
    Nobody really cares about the fw refresh and besides that the ce bonus makes it bis for inq aswell resulting in a akward rotation. A fun change would be
    renaming it to 'Punishement' and make it act like a ogcd Rend Spirit with physical dot. ?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Barabbas View Post
    @Hokmah, I'm saying clerics 65 mastery punishing strike is by far the most soul dependent of the 65 masteries. I guess Primalist would be a close second but Savage Blow is a lot better than punishing strike.

I think the mastery should be like Power Manipulation but for clerics. Neutral between builds and souls.
    Yup agree with that. Prima need at least 4 to 5 dots in order to make his mastery viable , without any dot base soul it's kinda clunky to make it work. But i see your point, giving a special buff from a soul if you have it isn't really nice , forcing you to take druid.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 07-26-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast