Closed Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
Like Tree166Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update - 7/22/19 - Cleric Adjustments

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The recent Faerie Healer nerf didn't mean much. It was quite useless. They would have to go back to Rift 4.1 Faerie Healer. Like the days where people complained about cleric tanks in PvP with FH. Before it wasn't nerfed, then targeted nerf in PvP, then overall nerfed, then nerfed again with both targeted and global changes. It was WAY back then when FH actually helped cleric. It has been A VERY LONG time since it helped cleric in PvP.
    I play cleric(inqui) since late 4.4. I was playing with leg fervent strike till 4.5 then switched to leg fairy healer because for my taste it was way more confortable.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    You point out the weakness of inqui by saying it requires time to put dots on enemy, but in other hand you ask fix for abilities bypassing the pvp nerfed heals aka Judicial Privilege, talent which is needed to "tank" enemy damage while completed some "rotation"(like legendary Fairy healer was helping before being useless, like Twilight Transcendence for nightblade to have time to stacks 5 Dust Strike, etc.).
    But perhaps i'm saying all this for nothing, because you ask "heals buff across the board" too, so does it means only classic healing souls like sentinel, puri, etc, or all heals in general ?
    For the rest of your post, i agree.

The guy in charge of balance doesn't play the game so better be a bit precise if i read all the monologue here.
    Good question. To me Im mostly talking about the “newer” souls which have some healing abilities not heal nerfed. Im not really talking about the built-in survivability like JP and what not. To me those make up a part of the souls and were never too powerful. The only time it becomes too powerful is when the soul is already super powerful like Warlord can be, especially when you can exploit crits and burst people down on a CD. Add a good built in healing on a soul that gets it easily and its a little too much on said soul. Most the built-in healing on most souls wasnt OP in my opinion.

To clarify, I just want the main healing abilities on healers all under the pvp nerf before a blanket heal buff, or we will just be seeing undying libs spamming united we stand (I think thats the ability someone correct me if Im wrong) and doing much more then the 8-9 million heals Ive seen some do. Mage also has an ability or two that bypasses the pvp nerfs. I want those fixed, then ALL the heals buffed on main healers to compensate and give wimpy heal buttons a purpose again.

I used to heal 3/4ths of most wfs on several souls. Im all about fixing heals and making it skillful again. Currently the best, and only heals to really take in a wf can be running around like their heads chopped off randomly hitting buttons, backpedaling and not even facing their target as long as they have one buff up and hit one button /10 seconds they're a pvp god. Knowing how to prioritize target switching? Bah who needs that Ive an AOE super heal. Lol. Might be s rude awakening if they actually make heals skillful again to some.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-26-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    You point out the weakness of inqui by saying it requires time to put dots on enemy, but in other hand you ask fix for abilities bypassing the pvp nerfed heals aka Judicial Privilege, talent which is needed to "tank" enemy damage while completed some "rotation"(like legendary Fairy healer was helping before being useless, like Twilight Transcendence for nightblade to have time to stacks 5 Dust Strike, etc.).
    But perhaps i'm saying all this for nothing, because you ask "heals buff across the board" too, so does it means only classic healing souls like sentinel, puri, etc, or all heals in general ?
    For the rest of your post, i agree.

The guy in charge of balance doesn't play the game so better be a bit precise if he read all the monologues here.

personally for me all the limiters that he has applied to pvp are harmful to pvp play.

lv 65 The average of the whole class was higher than it is now.

the heal had a real role to play (you will not lose yourself and all the class has little ready the same ability to heal)

the tanks are also the bg

and the dps and well all the class was doing the coffee

I think the change came after a weeping of a person playing solo and not wanting to follow the rules of the WF for won but just hit hard to messure their kiki ta saw I am the strongest hahah

for its type of person it is complicated to mark the heal and the tank then to apply of focus alort that it remains the base of the strategy in pvp all confused game ...
    Last edited by allatout; 08-27-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Shield of Telara

I think you just have to be thankful. Jumped on Discord and noticed Avathar working on PTS stuff, Battle Pass, and server stuff and class stuff. Maybe Itemization stuff too. That is way too much for one developer in my opinion. At the very least you need a dedicated class developer who only works on classes and itemization. There is a ton of work for that one dev including creating new souls for players to buy like Mystic Archer. Yes, many of you can see big potential with cleric if more time was dedicated to its development. I personally think these are not buffs for cleric but rather fixes for the over nerf to the class that happened with the buff stacking changes and eternal weapon changes which in this case it was a great job if that was the aim. Revamping clerics so they fit the meta better probably won't happen anytime soon with no dedicated class/itemization dev. Honestly, I think it is charity work. Would be nice if they buffed inquisitor by 18% since it would raise the average DPS up of cleric more since most cleric play that soul so instead of being 38% behind in average ST it would be something like 20% behind...The mage could use the same buff to Elementalist single target as well. I think that is the bottom minimum and best solution I can think could ever happen without having dedicated dev for class. Maybe buff harb to 1.5million as well. At least harb can have amazing play since its functionality is top-notch at least compare to the druid. At this point, we have top classes asking for changes not because they are needed but more like bored. These classes are asking for changes because they feel like their investment went sour for a long time.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-27-2019 at 03:45 PM.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #320

Cleric Adjustments have gone live, thank you again for all the testing and feedback that you all gave during the time the changes were on PTS.
    We still intended on following up with these changes and fixing any imbalances or bugs that are present with the souls that had changes, and revisiting other souls in the future.
    Please take any further bug reports or feedback to the relevant forum.

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22