+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update - 7/22/19 - Cleric Adjustments

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    My suggested QoL changes would be to make Legendary Fervent Strike into 30 sec. ogcd self-buff so no more requiring a target to maintain it or moving into melee to refresh it in a range soul. Make Legendary Inscribe Fate an OGCD self-buff instead of a debuff on a single target to help with target switching since the damage increase buff is now on the player and not a debuff on a single target. Make Mental Resilience buff last 1 min. instead of 30 secs. to stop clipping. Another non QoL suggestion is to buff Legendary Perseverance to be a better legendary for inquisitor than Legendary SH to help with some mobility issues. Make all the other channels, Nysyrs, Soul Stream, Harsh Discipline into powerful AE channels so Inquisitor can have some decent AE options?
    I like those suggestions! I also would point out Fanaticism! It is actually another !!!!buff!!!! to watch on top of everything else although most inquisitors don't bother to min/max the use of it! It can definitely use QoL change suggestions and Spiritual Deficiency, especially in PvP. Inquisitor has WAY too much buff management. Even if the devs were to cut down all the management by HALF it would be far more than all the other classes have to manage.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-23-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    My suggested QoL changes would be to make Legendary Fervent Strike into 30 sec. ogcd self-buff so no more requiring a target to maintain it or moving into melee to refresh it in a range soul. Make Legendary Inscribe Fate an OGCD self-buff instead of a debuff on a single target to help with target switching since the damage increase buff is now on the player and not a debuff on a single target.
    Everything that encourage the stupidity of a 1 button playstyle shouldn't be qualified as "QoL", but more as "I want the game to become easier that it currently is".

QoL should be fervent strike becoming a 30m range ability , so every soul could use it without being forced to melee.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    Everything that encourage the stupidity of a 1 button playstyle shouldn't be qualified as "QoL", but more as "I want the game to become easier that it currently is".

QoL should be fervent strike becoming a 30m range ability , so every soul could use it without being forced to melee.
    Wow, what a toxic poster! How is making Legendary Fervent Strike an ogcd buff that doesn't need a target not allowing every soul to use it? And how is it making inquisitor a 1 button spec. I think they were not even the first to suggest that change either!

Also, aren't you the guy who love to play his faceroll primalist in PvP and use a 2 button spec. That burst players down with Thresher Maw every 4 secs. You even write a guides for it?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...sharknado.html

For someone who complains about mostly 1 button specs, you sure like to write a lot of ezmode guides for players to use. There is no way it will make inquisitor a 1 button spec if that change went an even better way. Do you even play cleric? The sad part is you didn't even bother to post the more explosive Thresher Maw build which is basically 111 to 100 fury 2 shift 1111 or to 100 cunning 2.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Wow, what a toxic poster! How is making Legendary Fervent Strike an ogcd buff that doesn't need a target not allowing every soul to use it? And how is it making inquisitor a 1 button spec. I think they were not even the first to suggest that change either!

Also, aren't you the guy who love to play his faceroll primalist in PvP and use a 2 button spec. That burst players down with Thresher Maw every 4 secs. You even write a guides for it?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...sharknado.html

For someone who complains about mostly 1 button specs, you sure like to write a lot of ezmode guides for players to use. There is no way it will make inquisitor a 1 button spec if that change went an even better way. Do you even play cleric?
    Did i say it will make inqui a 1 button spec ? no i was talking about some stupid shaman specs.
    Did i say that it won't allow all spec to use it ? no, but it should be that easy for 1 button specs

Am i loving 2 button prima in pvp ? no cause i don't play pvp and i don't even created the spec i just copy here for other people as said in the guide : "i didn't created this spec , but i'm tired of seeing this so i put it here" (open your eyes)

Did you read all my guides before talking ? Show me more guides i wrote about ezmode spec , i'll wait.
    Can you stop being so aggressiv against people without the same opinion as you ?

We are here to give feedback , aren't we ? so i gave mine , you can agree or not , not my problem.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 07-23-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Will do some pts now, will edit thos one for results.<

Transfer to pts is not an option. How is that? ^^
    Last edited by Shas; 07-23-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Rift Disciple

Are there any plans to fix druid mana issues? if not then there isnt much point in making druid a .5 sec gcd since you cant even do a parse longer than 90 seconds if i remember right(been awhile since i played the spec). And i dont think reducing RC to 1 min is enough....feels like a band-aid fix to me, but i hope i am wrong on that fact. and making EoL unlimited for 20 seconds gives inquis yet another button to hit, so unless you make it only apply to 1 target at a time so we can macro it then something else will have to be done with inquis. but for shaman its a good change so we dont have to worry about it as often amd will prolly make shaman flow more smoothly.

With the longer EoA and mimicry increasing the duration instead of reapplying, tidal surge may be an option with warden granting 10% cost reduce + 10% cost reduce in the masteries.
    + You have that piece of the forest thing trading hp for mana.

Having pts for it might be helpful :P
    Last edited by Shas; 07-23-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Are there any plans to fix druid mana issues? if not then there isnt much point in making druid a .5 sec gcd since you cant even do a parse longer than 90 seconds if i remember right(been awhile since i played the spec). And i dont think reducing RC to 1 min is enough....feels like a band-aid fix to me, but i hope i am wrong on that fact. and making EoL unlimited for 20 seconds gives inquis yet another button to hit, so unless you make it only apply to 1 target at a time so we can macro it then something else will have to be done with inquis. but for shaman its a good change so we dont have to worry about it as often amd will prolly make shaman flow more smoothly.
    So long as you ignore Nature's Censure, Peace of the Forrest is fine for mana.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

I don't use shaman much in raids. I only use inquisitor mostly if I am not doing support so my feedback was mostly about inquisitor if you actually read the post. The reason I focused on inquisitor is that it is a range soul with enough complexity that warrants a top DPS spot. It is also the most used DPS spec for PvP. I use shaman scarcely when my raid lead needed me to go AE. Shaman rotation has been very much about buffing the buff that buffs the buff kind of spec from my knowledge. If you understand that then you know why you will not want to macro LFS into one button. Yes, it can be made into 2 to 3 buttons with some upkeep of buffs every 1 min. for marginal DPS loss. I think if you want to add a bit of complexity maybe make Legendary Icy Blow into a 15 sec timer buff that can be applied from range and that is + one more upkeep of a button every 15 secs. That way you will have to use crushing blow as well in the rotation. Without testing shaman I just know by the changes it would see the most DPS gains. Inquisitor and druid not so much considering for druid you are already trading 15% damage for a lower GCD. Yes, it does gain some DPS but I can't see it being as much as shaman gains from the changes. Pet classes in raids have always been problematic from what I can tell so other things need to be looked at especially with the majority of mages playing elementalist.

The thing about a person who just PvE or just PvP is that they don't experience as much content as each other so a person who does both will have far more data to pull input from. If for instance, you been raiding the same 1 or 2 raids for the last year that is mostly the only scenario you can pull data from. If only testing is around standing still dummy it is the only data you can pull from. However, PvP offered 1000s of unique different scenarios since you never get a lockout and each encounter is usually not the same as the last. So someone who PvP's can see changes that they want.. for instance, people who PvP will probably be using a bolt of light inquisitor over a cast time inquisitor because they are more mobile. Utility that you barely ever touch in pve becomes used frequently in PvP. Knock backs, constant interrupts, purges, JP, etc. So their idea of fixing inquisitor is going to be different from someone who just raids and test on a dummy. They may not like to manage 7 buffs, debuffs and dots and rather have a few of those keys dedicated to the utility of the soul. For someone who pvp they may say inquisitor is like 15 buttons when they include AE to pop stealth and all the utility.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-23-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Rift Master

That's nice and all but there are several other cleric souls in dire need of assistance as well...and most of them actually cost extra $$$...

Still painting the walls here, hold up with your furniture ^^

Rift Disciple

Default high dps as a tank?

Hey I just wanna double-check that these were only dps changes and not tank changes, right?

I've been seeing crazy dps numbers while tanking. Either I've just never noticed this or else the dps meter is broken or maybe it's not acting right because of the recent crashes?

(fyi, I'm using the pre-set tanking spec that comes with Rift)

For example, here is a screenshot showing the dps meter saying 700k dps? O.o Sheesh, that rivals my shaman spec. (the meter is down in the lower right corner)

https://postimg.cc/fVrLkhCY
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    <snip> As always, these changes are not final, so please post your feedback and call out anything that might be broken. Cleric Changes:

Eruption of Life stacks changed to be unlimited over 20 seconds, and is now on a 0.5 second Internal Cool Down<snip>.
    ---
    Stack(s) did not increase past one (on pts)
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dizbo; 07-23-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    <snip>

Cleric Changes:
    Radical Coalescence cooldown reduced from 2min to 1min
    Legendary Radical Coalescence cooldown reduced from 2min to 1min
    Legendary Icy Blow stacks reduced from 2 to 1
    Legendary Icy Blow damage increased by 50%
    Massive Blow damage increased by 30%
    Brutalize damage increased by 100%
    Jolt damage increased by 50%
    Eruption of Life stacks changed to be unlimited over 20 seconds, and is now on a 0.5 second Internal Cool Down.
    Legendary Fae Mimicry now ignores the cool down of up to 5 casts before ending.
    Legendary Fae Mimicry now refreshes Eruption of Life on the target
    Conduit of Nature the Faerie Seer grants 0.5 Global Cool Down

If you're able to consider and implement some QOL changes / bug investigation and fixes for cleric, here's a couple I've amassed since Storm Legion in Nov 2012 [it's been a long time]...

Shaman:
    - Legendary Glacial Shield: Split the damage bonus and shield buff to two different 30s timers. Once Glacial Shield is depleted, the bonus disappears with it making this entire legendary absolutely useless to have.
    - Legendary Icy Blow: Make it work for ALL damage, not just Elemental-based damage.
    - Lightning Hammer & Lightning Dot: Severely increase the modifiers to this initial hit and its associated dot. Consider making the DOT flat damage over time rather ramp-up DOT. Right now, it's not really worth keeping it in the DPS rotation.
    - Probable Bug: Glacial Strike's 'bleed dot' component (Granted by Legendary Furious Assault) is limited/restricted from critically hitting. Appears to not be inheriting crit chance.
    - Display Bug: In-game combat log does not show the DOT (Glacial Brutality) from Glacial Strike correctly - only shows 2 of 4 ticks.
    - Don't allow Jolt to immediately re-proc from a Critically Hitting Jolt (Implement a 0.25s ICD perhaps?) due to its already active CD timer.
    - QOL Request: Successful Critical Hits with shaman abilities to restore 0.5% mana.
    - QOL: Allow critical hits with Avalanche Strike to apply Lightning Hammer's Lightning DOT. (would push shaman away from Strike of the Maelstrom spam)
    - QOL: Modify Avalanche Strike to be a 360 hit rather a cone hit.

Inquisitor:
    - Legendary Sanction Heretic: Permit it to apply Scourge (A mastery permits Vex at level 63).
    - Legendary Sanction Heretic: Rework the legendary to: All active dots on a target will cause Sanction Heretic's Sanction to trigger in addition to the DoT, dealing X additional damage while Sanction is active.
    - Nysyr's Rebuke: Permit the fourth and final tick to apply/reapply all available Cleric dots on the target.

Runeshaper:
    - Legendary Inscribe Fate: Increase the duration of its 15% bonus from 20s to 60s.
    - Seal of Pain: Remove the casted travel time.

Oracle:
    - Legendary Insignia of Blood: As much as I love seeing IOB proc as much as it does on shaman, one about every two seconds seems a bit up there when compared against other abilities (Legendary Bolt of Judgement) that have a chance-to-proc from a damage hit. Either increase chance to proc on the other abilities that do this, or apply a slightly longer ICD on the Legendary. L-IOB auto-procs should not be in my top 3 for DPS abilities over a few minutes time playing shaman.

Cabalist
    - Bug: Legendary Condensed Obliteration's Bound Fate: Does not properly inherit crit power bonus. Does not properly scale damage output - appear to be random.
    - Bug: Legendary Condensed Obliteration's Bound Fate: Does not consistently auto-spread Tyranny Of Death on hits of Bound Fate when there are five or more mobs, bound fate has to be manually cast.
    - Bug: Mana costs of the curses are not uniform, these three abilities also need their mana cost severely reduced.
    - Bug: Ravaging Darkness: Ability does not grant health when used on a target at-death or near death, consumes CD with with no healing or damage done.
    - Major QOL: Reduce ravaging darkness CD to 15 seconds, increase duration of Darkness dot 20s. Allow ravaging darkness to apply all curses & cablist dots to all affected targets. Reduce healing granted by this ability to 0.1% health per enemy hit, then up to 1% health at 8 targets hit. This will likely change up cabalist meta a little bit.
    Why this QOL change? Level 63 Mastery, Meditation permits Ravaging Darkness to refresh and spread stacks of Darkness...once only 15 seconds, and then after 15 seconds, it's down for another 45 seconds. This will make it consistent, and would by proxy increase DPS from cabalist. Modifying this to the above would make cabalist less of "persist 3x darkness, persist curse + dots, spam bound fate ToD macro". It'd make you swap over to managing darkness and RD a little closer to maintain AOE dps.
    - Bug, maybe? Legendary Shadow's Touch: Does not grant a 20% bonus to Eruption of Life's secondary, Life Surge - only EOL. May not matter any more with PTS changes...
    - QOL Request: Increase duration of Well of Souls to 30 seconds. Permit it to grant a curse on two ticks of Well of Souls, maybe Curse of Anarchy?
    - QOL Request: Allow movement when Shadow Breach's cloak/invis is active.
    - QOL Request: Remove "Shackles of Fate" in the tree, grant TOD a 100% always to be granted on a Bound Fate cast. Replace it with "Fate of Darkness" (cheesy name), "Any enemy damaged by "Bound Fate" will have a stack of Darkness applied once every X seconds."

Druid (I'll admit, i've not figured out Druid since its revamp - seems like a RNG cluster)
    - Legendary Fervent Strike: Set it to 30m base.
    - Rapid Summon: Reduce to 30 second CD.
    - Thorns of Ire: Allow it to auto-apply when using 'Crushing Force', only if support based debuffs do not already exist on the target.

Defiler
    - I don't even know where to begin with this without simply saying "redo this entire soul".
    - Entire soul needs a boost/revamp/change. Dots, direct damage, everything.

Here's what I've thought up.....
    - There does not exist an ability (outside of the 1min CD) to refresh all active Greed and Rage dots - this is expansive downtime.
    - Make the Greed and Rage dot duration all uniform.
    - Unholy Nexus: Increase to five targets affected. Allow it to spread all active dots and delayed damage.
    - Unholy Nexus: Allow it to refresh dots on the initial target.
    - Unholy Nexus: Reduce the CD to 15 or 10 seconds.
    - Bond of Corruption, Bond of Torment: Make it deal DOT damage just like Bond of Pain.
    - Add a new ability to mass-cast all known Bonds to a target.
    - Add in a toggle to make the Beacon take all the damage and not transfer to the cleric for X seconds with Y CD timer.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 07-24-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Fixed my terrible spelling... or was it autocorrect...
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    Justicar is potent in aoe dps and the screenshot happens to be located in the SPE gyell fortress after fighting c.a 40 trashmobs ^^ . So pure aoe.

To the IoB procc: I think it fits the Shaman theme of Ice, steel and blood pretty well and way better than EoL or SH.
    +Adding a resource component.

50%phys dmg on Icy Blow may ends up being a sad bis for druid hybrids.

Don't just make things "stronger" but more interesting/fun

2 cents for Shaman

-> Easy LH buff: Make the dot procc Vengeances. Easy pve buff, unimportant pvp buff (and works into EoL)
    -> Frostbite now also adds a turnaround buff: Nonphys wep attacks granting Frostfever, increasing the next physical attack by 30%

2 cents for inq

-> Simply make Scourge an interesting gcd by changing it from xdmg over 15 sec to ydmg/sec over 15 sec
    -> Coalescence doubleticks should effect Soulstream. +Make Circle of Oblivion tick double permanently.
    -> Legendary BoR makes Souldrain a 1sec cast

Cleric already has a ton of carpet abilities (apply first before attacking)
    Would love to see class intern buffs instead of adding a EoL LEF into every build.

20m FS is totally fine btw and never was an issue at any 4.x encounter.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-23-2019 at 10:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast