+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass feedback

Plane Touched

Default Battle Pass feedback

Let's stick to one thread to make it easier for everyone, shall we?

I must say, I am a little surprised and a little annoyed at the same time. The tasks involved, as shown currently on PTS, are annoying. And the rewards are not very interesting, with one single exception.

REWARDS
    Here's a rundown of all rewards per level, colour coded by Premium (bought Battle Pass), BP+Patron and Free.

1. 300 credits and 1 box of 50 IRC
    2. Flaming Eyes and first artifact of BP-only set: Pants on Fire
    3. 1 160% Favor vial and 1 orange Opie's Artifact Stash
    4. 100 Affinity and 1 Normal Artifact tracking vial
    5. Hot Feet, 1 Harvest Levitation crate and 1 box of 5 IRC
    6. 1 purple Opie's Artifact Stash, 10.000 Loyalty and second artifact
    7. 1 Crafter's Energy Infusion (reset 20h cooldown) and 1 Planar Essence Removal Device
    8. 1 160% Prestige vial, 1 Poison Artifact tracking vial and 1 Dungeon Charge
    9. 1 Warfront charge
    10. 1 Exceptionel Crafting Skill Boost (up to level 450), 1 Harvest Levitation crate and third artifact
    11. 300 credits and 1 160% Token Currency Tablet
    12. 1 160% Skill point sphere and 1 Underwater Mount Training
    13. Hot Hands, 1 orange Opie's Artifact Stash and 1 Fisher's Friend (resets cooldown on special lures)
    14. 100 affinity and fourth artifact
    15. 1 Mass Soul Mend and 1 Harvest Levitation crate
    16. 1 160% Notoriety vial, 50.000 loyalty and 1 Rune Unsocketing Apparatus
    17. Blast Off
    18. 300 credits, 1 Burning Artifact tracking vial and the fifth artifact
    19. 1 Twisted Artifact tracking vial and 1 Warfront charge
    20. 1 Harvest Leviation crate and 1 Celestial Crafting Rift Lure: Bountiful Fire
    21. 1 Large Sack of Currency and sixth artifact
    22. 1 box of 20 IRC
    23. 1 Crown of Flames (costume helmet), 1 Nightmare Artifact tracking vial and 1 Brevanic Portal Battery
    24. 300 credits and seventh artifact
    25. 1 Dungeon Charge and 1 Harvest Levitation crate
    26. 1 Wings of Flame (costume cloak) and 1 Planar Essence Removal Device
    27. 1 Unstable Artifact tracking vial and the eighth artifact
    28. 100 affinity, 1 orange Opie's Artifact Stash and 1 160% Experience vial
    29. 300 credits and 100.000 loyalty
    30. 1 Great Balls of Fire mount, 1 Harvest Levitation crate and the ninth and final artifact of the Pants on Fire set.

Sidenote on number 20. The icon for the Patron reward is placed as if there is supposed to be a Premium reward as well, but the icon is not showing at the moment, so I do not know what it is supposed to be. It does feel odd that there isn't a regular Premium reward, but it could be intentional.

Premium: The rewards that are just a name, are visuals. Pictures in bottom of post. They are items in your bags you can use, with no cooldown. The Wings of Flame looks absolutely awesome, no doubt about that. But any of the other Premium rewards, even the helmet and mount, are just not very interesting. A total of 1500 credits and 300 Affinity, that's a tiny drop in the ocean if you want to buy anything fun. And considering that the BP takes place over a long period of time, it's honestly not very good rewards considering we have to pay to get them.
    Patron: For the Patron rewards, the 160.000 Loyalty is okay for someone that has not yet spent a lot of money on this game. For people in the later Loyalty tiers, it's a drop in the ocean. Lots of Artifacts can be found with the Patron ability already, adding a few stashes and trackers is nice, but not really anything that would make me pay for Patron. And the Harvest Levitation crates are way too random with their rewards already.
    Free: That brings us to the rewards that I assumed would require purchase AND patron, but is actually for everyone. This is the only way to get that particular artifact set and there are currently 3 rewards listed in the artifact window. A standard reward box for completing a set, a title (Pants on Fire) and a visual, also Pants on Fire. I don't know if those rewards will be worth getting, but it's going to be so annoying if you somehow do not get to level 30 in time and miss out on the last artifact of the set. The other rewards have very limited uses.

ACTIVITIES
    The activities visible right now on the PTS are mindblowingly stupid. My old level 65 PTS character already had 2 completed, both were for lowlevel instances on day 1, and day 2 had me explore a zone which was also autocompleted. That in itself is not bad, but here is a list of the others I've had over the days.

Daily:
    As a Primalist, win a match in The Codex.
    As a Primalist, win a match of Library of the Runemaster.
    As a Cleric, win a match in The Black Garden
    Kill Carriers of the Fang of Regulos 0/3
    Pick up Rune Vessels in Library of the Runemaster 0/3
    In Karthan Ridge, defeat enemies near your Power Cores 0/15
    Complete Instant Adventures 0/10
    Cast Soul Recall

Weekly:
    Harvest 100 Burning Artifacts 0/100
    In Tyrant's Forge, kill Crucia at a level that grants experience
    Win 5 matches of The Black Garden 0/5.

I've highlighted the items in red. I personally do not mind having to go to specific Warfronts and do specific things that you might be doing anyway, but using specific CLASSES is NOT a good idea! Not everyone plays all classes, not everyone has access to all classes, or all souls for that matter. Primalist in particular being bad because it is a pay-to-play class.
    Having to gather 100 artifacts is okay. But 100 of a specific type is not okay, even if it's a weekly. The vials required to even see the artifacts (if you're not lucky in proccing the relevant sight or can use the patron ability) cost credits. No, no and
    Killing Crucia in that particular instance is not really a problem. A level 70 still gets experience from it without having to mentor down. But it's in an old instance that requires a raidgroup to even enter? Do you really expect us to get a group going, just so we can finish off one quest? And what about the following weeks, where it might be an even lower level required? We would need more people to do it. This may sound like a spoiled kid complaining that he cannot play a MMO solo, but all the other activities CAN be done solo (queue for WF or IA, gather artifacts), so why not this too?

OPINION
    I like the IDEA of the battle pass. It is similar to features in other games that I play and they're nice.
    I do NOT like the rewards or the fact that I have to pay money to run around doing stupid stuff instead of what I want to be doing. And only for a limited time.
    I can see the potential for the future, as a permanent feature that just slowly gets more rewards added as levels are increased. But as a limited-time feature that may or may not fit the real life schedule of people, with very specific requirements to fulfill objectives, no. Not a good idea.

SUGGESTIONS
    DO NOT use specific classes as a requirement.
    DO NOT use old raids that require a group to enter.
    DO NOT require raid/dungeon boss kills to grant XP in order for them to count.
    DO NOT require specific items that are hard to get for the majority of people.
    DO add objectives like "do 1.000.000 damage" of specific types (physical, death, air etc.).
    DO add objectives like "kill 100 rift invasions".

All for now, will edit in more as I think of them. Feel free to post your feedback here, so we can stick to one thread.

Flaming Eyes on my character

ALL visuals, helmet, wings and mount on someone AFK in Alittu, so everyone can see it. It doesn't look good on a picture, it is much better when in motion. Go see for yourself.

Edit: It was pointed out I had the reward categories mixed. Fixed that and slightly changed feedback accordingly. Also added pictures and listed rewards for set completion. Added more daily tasks.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 04-04-2019 at 05:46 AM.

and look at those red requirements, thay all cost us more money on top of the battle pass, there go all my friends

This is even worse than expected. Completely useless items in it (160% prestige vial when prestige has been useless for 2 expansions?! Mass soul Mend?!) and then all the 'premium lockboxes are basically only the ones patrons had for 2 years now and that even when it was promised to completely step back / remove lockboxes from the game.

Good luck selling this LOL.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    REWARDS
    Here's a rundown of all rewards per level, colour coded by Regular, Patron and Adventure Gift.

1. 300 credits and 1 box of 50 IRC
    2. Flaming Eyes and first artifact of BP-only set: Pants on Fire
    3. 1 160% Favor vial and 1 orange Opie's Artifact Stash
    4. 100 Affinity and 1 Normal Artifact tracking vial
    5. Hot Feet, 1 Harvest Levitation crate and 1 box of 5 IRC
    6. 1 purple Opie's Artifact Stash, 10.000 Loyalty and second artifact
    7. 1 Crafter's Energy Infusion (reset 20h cooldown) and 1 Planar Essence Removal Device
    8. 1 160% Prestige vial, 1 Poison Artifact tracking vial and 1 Dungeon Charge
    9. 1 Warfront charge
    10. 1 Exceptionel Crafting Skill Boost (up to level 450), 1 Harvest Levitation crate and third artifact
    11. 300 credits and 1 160% Token Currency Tablet
    12. 1 160% Skill point sphere and 1 Underwater Mount Training
    13. Hot Hands, 1 orange Opie's Artifact Stash and 1 Fisher's Friend (resets cooldown on special lures)
    14. 100 affinity and fourth artifact
    15. 1 Mass Soul Mend and 1 Harvest Levitation crate
    16. 1 160% Notoriety vial, 50.000 loyalty and 1 Rune Unsocketing Apparatus
    17. Blast Off
    18. 300 credits, 1 Burning Artifact tracking vial and the fifth artifact
    19. 1 Twisted Artifact tracking vial and 1 Warfront charge
    20. 1 Harvest Leviation crate and 1 Celestial Crafting Rift Lure: Bountiful Fire
    21. 1 Large Sack of Currency and sixth artifact
    22. 1 box of 20 IRC
    23. 1 Crown of Flames (costume helmet), 1 Nightmare Artifact tracking vial and 1 Brevanic Portal Battery
    24. 300 credits and seventh artifact
    25. 1 Dungeon Charge and 1 Harvest Levitation crate
    26. 1 Wings of Flame (costume cloak) and 1 Planar Essence Removal Device
    27. 1 Unstable Artifact tracking vial and the eighth artifact
    28. 100 affinity, 1 orange Opie's Artifact Stash and 1 160% Experience vial
    29. 300 credits and 100.000 loyalty
    30. 1 Great Balls of Fire mount, 1 Harvest Levitation crate and the ninth and final artifact of the Pants on Fire set.
    Looks more like the calender reward rewamp and explains why we only see a teaser of a teaser...
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Rift Disciple

SUGGESTIONS
    DO NOT use old raids that require a group to enter.
    DO NOT require raid/dungeon boss kills to grant XP in order for them to count.
    I'm sorry, but I can't agree to this. It would revive old raids for people who are returning and would like to progress storyline, see the raids, have fun in general. You can grind BoS all day long for years if it's your thing, but I'm happy to run old raids now and then with random PUG.

I think they should require running 1 raid from every major expansion on any level for each battle pass. I can find that time to run few old and 1 TDEM a month.

Shadowlander

I'm not sure why we are paying for "in game content"?

This to me is literally opening up the pandoras box of Pay-to-Play... will entering a dungeon cost us $2 next?

All in game content should be free or included as patron covered only at worst.

Sad times

I'm pretty sure the blue is actually free,

"Free rewards include a new artifact set which unlock their own unique rewards, individual reward charges, rune unsocketers, and more premium service items." This coincides with the blue rewards.

The green is the actual pass, and red is patron and pass (hence red is pretty minimal).

Being patron doesn't give you any bonuses unless you buy the pass. So if you're a patron with no pass, you'll get the same as free. Hence it's called "Adventure Gift", it's a gift to all adventurers.

I'm surprised a Dev hasn't mentioned this considering they linked to this post. Am I wrong? if I am then their news description is flawed.

Also did you really expect decent rewards??!! Obviously not, so don't buy it if you don't want, it's honestly only $10, it's nothing compared to previous packs and gives you something to do if you're bored. I would buy a decent mount for $10... now I have something ridiculous to do to get it lol.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-04-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

In regards to just the old raids...
    Peeps have been BEGGING for a reason to group up and do the old content for years. I am SUPER HAPPY that this has been added as a quest.
    You will see many more pug groups for these raids forming due to this, and lots of players will see content that they have never seen before and had no hope to see before this battle pass.

We have been running old raids for cheevos for a while.. but most of our core group now has all the cheevos available.
    This quest will give us incentive to keep running them for newer players and still get something out of it.

with regards to the 'kill that gives XP'
    a level 50 raid can be done at level 57
    a level 60 raid can be done at level 65
    a level 65 raid can be done at level 70
    So you will still very much be overpowered, but likely you will see more mechanics than if you were all level 70 still.
    It will be interesting to see what happens if only half the group is mentored though...?

I don't mind any of the quests (except the play a specific class in PVP, that one can ****)
    I DO MIND not knowing how long we have to reach level 30.
    A lot of players won't want to do certain quests as they don't find that content enjoyable.. a lot of players don't have a lot of playtime and will need to skip some quests.
    Having a timescale will allow players to see what they can skip and what they need to do.
    There will still be a race at the start to get the loots first, but for those players unable to do that, we need to know a MINIMUM timescale at least!

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    In regards to just the old raids...
    Peeps have been BEGGING for a reason to group up and do the old content for years. I am SUPER HAPPY that this has been added as a quest.
    You will see many more pug groups for these raids forming due to this, and lots of players will see content that they have never seen before and had no hope to see before this battle pass.

We have been running old raids for cheevos for a while.. but most of our core group now has all the cheevos available.
    This quest will give us incentive to keep running them for newer players and still get something out of it.

with regards to the 'kill that gives XP'
    a level 50 raid can be done at level 57
    a level 60 raid can be done at level 65
    a level 65 raid can be done at level 70
    So you will still very much be overpowered, but likely you will see more mechanics than if you were all level 70 still.
    It will be interesting to see what happens if only half the group is mentored though...?

I don't mind any of the quests (except the play a specific class in PVP, that one can ****)
    I DO MIND not knowing how long we have to reach level 30.
    A lot of players won't want to do certain quests as they don't find that content enjoyable.. a lot of players don't have a lot of playtime and will need to skip some quests.
    Having a timescale will allow players to see what they can skip and what they need to do.
    There will still be a race at the start to get the loots first, but for those players unable to do that, we need to know a MINIMUM timescale at least!

Totally agree, but at the same time I do believe it's time to remove the number requirements on all raids (or at least down to 2). It makes no sense that some have it, and some don't.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-04-2019 at 04:24 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    it was promised to completely step back / remove lockboxes from the game.
    To be fair, Trion made those promises. I don't remember Gamigo having done it, but I agree that it's something that needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Looks more like the calender reward rewamp and explains why we only see a teaser of a teaser...
    Not all months has 30 days, so it's definitely not the revamp. But if it was, it would be even worse than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatacid View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't agree to this.
    That's okay. Those are my suggestions only. You should post yours!

Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post
    I'm not sure why we are paying for "in game content"?
    I don't like it either. There are much better ways to get us players to pay their bills than the obvious "money grabs" as people call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I'm pretty sure the blue is actually free
    I'm pretty sure you're actually right. Bear in mind, this post was made at 4am local time, so I wasn't exactly wide awake. I may have misread stuff, so I changed my post accordingly. The point remains the same, so no harm done.

Also did you really expect decent rewards??!!
    When I pay for stuff, yes. Had I recieved these items (just the BP ones) when purchasing the pack it would be fine. But requiring me to also go out of my way to do stuff I would never do and then have a CHANCE of recieving all the rewards (depending on time etc.), then I expect better. It has been seen better in other games that has similar systems. One example is Star Trek Online. Similar system with various tasks that change every x hours. It is a permanent system and rewards not just money and crafting materials for the individual tasks when completed, but also adds a PERMANENT stat bonus every time you level up in the system. Sure, that works well in that game, might not work well here, but at least it's actually worth doing in the long run. For a Battle Pass in Seasons, if you don't like the theme in one, you can always wait for the next. This one is Fire based, next one might be Air. Or Water. Or the others. The incentive to PAY for this needs to be better for me. At is stands now, I will just skip it entirely. That's less money for Gamigo.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 04-04-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see better, but my expections are firmly placed in reality. The only thing we can do is give possible alternatives/suggestions that are realistic. If you say "NEW CONTENT, GIV MOOORRR" then it's like you've been asleep for the last 2 years, but for some reason I keep seeing it.

Some adjustments should be made for sure. I wonder if the whole Primalist thing is just a temporary place holder on PTS and it will actually be for your specific class, but then again, why say a class at all then?

It is concerning, because I refuse to play primalists, and would be disappointed to miss out on that one. Or... I just refuse to pay which I'll probably do. The final mount is pretty meh anyway. I wonder if they're giving specifically a primalist task to get more players to buy primalist? I really hope not.

Can anyone think of better missions? Surely that would be more constructive.

p.s. lockboxes still exist in game, at least they got rid of you actually being able to purchase them. Giving them out as random calendar rewards is not harmful, plus it's the only way to gain prize tickets.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-04-2019 at 04:41 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

I like the idea of doing old raids. That's actually an awesome idea and will be a fun activity for guilds.

Could we change the raid requirements to "at level" instead of "grant experience." Mentoring already makes old content trivial, it would be better experience if completing the old raids wasn't an exercise in killing the old bosses in under 3 seconds with a group of 20 who are 5-6 levels over. (Unless you've made improvements to the mentor system that haven't been patched in yet.)

I'd like to see the pvp requirements lowered by half. PVP is in such a sorry state, i'd rather not have to suffer through that.

Not a fan of having quests locked to a character type. While I understand the desire to get people to buy primalist packs, this will be a major turn-off to a lot of players. Especially newer ones. Plus the player types who enjoy the open world questing stuff, who this will appeal to most, will likely only have one or two characters leveled. If you want to get the word of mouth "This is fun" type of advertising, to get more people interested in the game, don't add artificial paywalls to the newest selling point to the game.

I'd replace the Prestige Vial with a planarite cache.
    I'd replace the Brevonic Portal Battery with an artifact pinata.
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-04-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

Some adjustments should be made for sure. I wonder if the whole Primalist thing is just a temporary place holder on PTS and it will actually be for your specific class, but then again, why say a class at all then?
    Nope. I got one today that says Cleric. And I've been on a Rogue both times.

Nope. I got one today that says Cleric. And I've been on a Rogue both times.
    Well that's a shame. Is there no alternatives?
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Touched

Well that's a shame. Is there no alternatives?
    There are other quests you can complete with no class requirement. But the BEST THING (hint hint Gamigo) would be to not require a specific class at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast