+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JCTCOM View Post
    I am now level 30 !! What happens next... do I have to wait 2 months???? before it resets???
    Yes, you are done for now. Nothing more to do or gain. Only wait.

Testing the progress between patron and on-patron & EU vs NA since it does matter, what server you play on and what time you play.

Patron NA.. level 22 now, Patron EU level 16
    Non Patron NA level 16 now, non-patron EU level 10

It pretty much matters is if you pvp or not.. getting 3 pvp weeklies does kill some progress. Other than that, the luck of the draw which quests you get.. You get 3 weeklies.. The xp you can get from those 3 weeklies varies from 21k to 30k. For dailies.. between 4k and 12k
    With bad luck, getting pvp dailies at higher xp value while not into pvp or experiencing the long waits/rare wins is not helping much in progress

Some 4 or 5 days with long downtimes for EU during EU prime hours does have a negative influence as well.

The lock out for certain xprts is not helping either. If you miss out on the achieve in your run, you don't get a 2nd chance that day. You can't reset the instance or run it again other than through looking for group. Any mishap will basically cost you the daily (lantern hook, lady glasya)

Budgie/Mech events don't reward credit for zone events, not in regular zone event rewards, not it motes( only the dailies give motes), not in credit for BP quests.

It would be nice if one could re-roll on one daily every day and one weekly every week, for those quests that you don't agree with or that don't agree with you.

The re-roll should give a player the option to choose a quest based on open world, instances or pvp, so you will have at least 1 quest that day and/or week based on your preference. And it gives a chance to do a different quest if at the end of the week you run into not getting the q for the instance/warfront you need

ON a sidenote, it would be nice if Rift got fixed so we can use Yaret for the EU server again
    Last edited by Aranka; 05-11-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Smile My thoughts on the Battle Pass

I thought I'd throw my opinion on the Battle Pass in here as well. I'm at level 26 on the current Battle Pass, and I've enjoyed it a lot. I do consider the rewards well worth the $10 cost. However, I am scarcely the target player. I am an 80-year-old lady.

I've read through a few pages of the other opinions. The majority seem to think the rewards not big enough. But for me they were fine. The artifact trackers alone tend to be expensive if you want to use them much. Loyalty orbs and infinity bundles were much appreciated. I also liked the Opie's stashes and at least one notoriety vial and some extra credits.

Obviously, I am unable to do anything requiring a group as I have slow reactions and no clue on strategy but there was plenty of solo material for me. So my final grade is A.

Ellemaria

Smile Wishlist

Apart from being able to gift to someone, the Battlepass should be able to put on your wishlist so someone should see if you want it gifted! And it may be gifted to you

Rift Disciple

So about a week ago I started playing Rift again for the first time in a few years. It took me a few days to get my bearings and I didn't fully get what the whole battle pass thing was until a couple days ago.

The entirety of the rewards seem pretty decent for $10, but the problem I'm facing down now is that I'm starting into the battle pass late, such that if I start now I feel like I probably won't be able to get very high level into it before the season ends, let alone level 30, whenever that might be.

It might be possible if I somehow managed to squeeze out doing every single daily and weekly quest, except I'm running into two problems. The first being that my highest level character is only level 67 which locks me out of doing some of BP quests that basically require you be level 70, like the level 70 experts and raids. Even worse, I keep getting a number of quests that I simply just can't complete. Not because I'm not high enough level, but they're for level 60 dungeons that just never come up in the dungeon queue, and I can't quite solo them yet.

I entirely get that this is just my own situation and it's not anyone's fault but my own for coming back to playing the game when I did, and for not looking into the whole BP system right when I started playing again. But the whole battle pass system just leaves me a bit bitter with the sense of false urgency to complete everything before the season ends, while simultaneously being repeatedly getting half of my BP quests that I literally can't complete.

The entire system seems frustrating from a late adopter's perspective. If I had some guarantee that I'd be able to get to level 30 BP and get all the rewards before the season ends -- I'm only level 8 right now -- I'd have no problem buying the battle pass. But I can't justify spending anything on it as someone coming into it midway through the season because I feel I probably won't get my money's worth out of it. If I could buy the pass now and still be able to level up to 30 to complete it after the season ends however, I'd absolutely buy it, but I get that's not the intended design of it. So, unless something changes for the better, I guess I just won't buy the battle pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridith View Post
    I feel like I probably won't be able to get very high level into it before the season ends, let alone level 30, whenever that might be.
    Until an end date is announced, no need to feel like that.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Until an end date is announced, no need to feel like that.
    I did read they'd give at least a month's notice before ending the season, which is reasonable. My worry is that this is compounded against the poor quest distribution in the system handing out quests that are impossible to complete because I'm either not high enough level for and/or because the specific dungeons for the BP quests just won't come up in the dungeon queue and I'm not in a position to solo them.

Hypothetically, if they gave the one month notice sometime next week, I likely wouldn't be able to get to level 30 in the BP with my luck so far in only being able to get a few of the quests done a day. If the BP system actually handed out quests that were all possible for me to do, I wouldn't have this concern, but it seems more designed toward players who already have level 70 characters that are reasonably geared.

If I manage to get my BP level into the mid to high teens by the time they give the one month notice, I might be able to complete it, but that's still up in the air. Right now I'm just sitting on actually buying the pass and seeing how things go. Though that's assuming that if I do buy the pass late that I can still go back and collect all the rewards from the previous BP levels.
    Last edited by Ceridith; 05-18-2019 at 02:49 PM.

but it seems more designed toward players who already have level 70 characters that are reasonably geared.
    Most of them are, yes. But this is only the first round, so they obviously have to start somewhere. I assume second round will be far better than this one, because tbh, it sucks for most people.

Though that's assuming that if I do buy the pass late that I can still go back and collect all the rewards from the previous BP levels.
    You can. So save your money until you either get to a level you want the paid reward from (remember you need to be Patron AND pay for BP to get some of them) or it's about to finish and you want to get what you can.

It pretty much matters is if you pvp or not.. getting 3 pvp weeklies does kill some progress. Other than that, the luck of the draw which quests you get.. You get 3 weeklies.. The xp you can get from those 3 weeklies varies from 21k to 30k. For dailies.. between 4k and 12k

So doing all quests (without the 2 patron bonus quests) gets you around

26k from weeklies
    7k daily / 49k weekly based on dailies
    that totals to some 75k BP xp every week.

In theory, anyone should on those numbers be able to make it to level 30 in some 4 to 5 weeks time.

With 50% chance at pvp quests/not doing those quest the time it takes to get to level 30 goes up to 8 to 10 weeks

Not being level 70 and for that not getting into certain runs/instances.. (Irotp, malannon kill)
    you may miss out on 25% of all quests.. both daily/weekly quests, you may miss out on some 20k BP xp every week. This makes getting to level 30 (pvp included) take some 6 to 8 weeks

Not being level 70 and not into pvp makes it last a bit longer.. your average weekly xp drops to around 55k BP xp because of your level and pvp would split that in half, making it take 10 to 12 weeks before reaching level 30.

And that's all based on playing daily without patron status.
    For those who can't play daily, it will be even more difficult to make it to level 30.

The big differences in making that level 30

be level 70
    relic mainhand weapon at 70 for certain quests
    play daily
    be patron
    do pvp quests

So about a week ago I started playing Rift again for the first time in a few years. It took me a few days to get my bearings and I didn't fully get what the whole battle pass thing was until a couple days ago.
    Welcome back!

The entirety of the rewards seem pretty decent for $10, but the problem I'm facing down now is that I'm starting into the battle pass late, such that if I start now I feel like I probably won't be able to get very high level into it before the season ends, let alone level 30, whenever that might be.
    We have been told there will be a months notice before the end of the first season.

It might be possible if I somehow managed to squeeze out doing every single daily and weekly quest, except I'm running into two problems. The first being that my highest level character is only level 67 which locks me out of doing some of BP quests that basically require you be level 70, like the level 70 experts and raids. Even worse, I keep getting a number of quests that I simply just can't complete. Not because I'm not high enough level, but they're for level 60 dungeons that just never come up in the dungeon queue, and I can't quite solo them yet.
    I am currently working on Battle Pass with my second account, my toon on NA is also only level 67, I started on the 4th week (after finishing BP on my main in the first 3 weeks) and I am level 24 now.
    The Important thing to have here is a good guild/community/friends who can poke when you need some help with those NMT dungeons or with the old raids.
    You can participate in PVP, which lightens the pressure a little, even if you do run around the match feeling useless!

Hopefully you will be fully levelled up to 70 by the time season 2 hits and in a much better position to participate fully.

For now, just have fun with it, do what you can and what you want to and see how far you get.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6