+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass feedback

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I do think that pvp dailies should be limited to 2 or so though rather than rolling the chance to have all of them be pvp.
    That's my main concern. So far, most of the ones I have recieved have been PVP stuff. I really do not have a problem with some PVP being in the mix. But when it feels like 90% of the effort has to be put into pvp to advance in this system, then it's not something for me. The NON-PVP missions I've had has either been autocompleted (no effort), do a minion mission (tiny effort), cast Soul Recall (tiny effort) or do 10 Instant Adventures (some PVE effort). In comparison, I've had multiple "win a match of x, y or z as *class*" , "complete PVP objectives" or "kill number of players". Those individually all take a much greater amount of PVP effort than all my PVE objectives combined.

Yes, a battle pass in other games may be inherently PVP, but I have no experience with those. I am familiar with Rift and this doesn't feel like an addition I can support. I like the reward system, that's like something I've seen in other games, but none of them requires a ton of PVP and a little bit of PVE. Usually the other way around.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 04-06-2019 at 01:46 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Choice is everything, i agree with a lot of the posters on this Thread, something like "Win X amount of Warfronts OR Close 20 Rifts/Kill X mobs that grant XP" and so on.

We know now from experience it's not too wise to force PvE'rs into PvP and force PvP'ers to do Open World stuff, although that would be the lesser of two evils.

I took a look at the Battle Pass. I am NOT a PVP person, so having a requirement for PVP would prevent me from purchasing this item.
    In addition, I have never actually raided either for a number of reasons. It looks there is one zone event, (good, love them) one- kill something x times (good, like it), a puzzle (ok..) and the rest are all raids and dungeons. There was no mention of doing any adventures, That takes it off my list.
    I realize that the goal is to bring folks "together" but raids and dungeons just aren't my thing. I might have been lured to do 1 or 2 as a weekly but not the majority of the requirements. That probably makes me a minority voice as most of the peeps I see here are seasoned raiders and have voiced their boredom about non-challenging things.

Plane Touched

I just logged in to find a new set of Daily quests. Positive thing, none of them were autocompleted

But...
    I still have 3 class specific pvp quests. And to make things worse, zone specific event quests

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing zone events into the mix. I like it. I want them there. But zone specific events on a Daily? First off, if you don't know trackers like YARET exists, you will need to watch the map ALL DAY LONG in the hopes of just finding ONE event in the proper zone. For these quests, I need TWO. Second, with the interval between normal zone events, you might not even GET two within a 24 hour timeframe, and if they do show up, they most likely come at a time where you are offline for whatever reason.

Suggestion:
    Require x number of zone events in ANY zone
    OR
    Require x zone events in a specific zone and then drastically increase the spawnrate of events in that zone on that day, no more than 2 hours between one finishing and the next starting
    OR
    Require 1 zone event in a specific zone and buff the rate enough for it to happen at least 6 times per day (4 hour interval)

There was also a quest to "find Krauss's Treasure" in the Expert Nightmare Coast dungeon. I ran through it. Didn't find it in any of the obvious places to look. Tried to google the answer, nothing popped up. Does anyone know where that treasure is?

Never mind, found it. It requires a group. Okay.........

SUGGESTION:
    If a quest require more than one person to complete, make some indicator on the quest, make sure that the quest is the same for everyone on that day so people will want to do it, and make sure the XP reward is substantially higher than other quests. While this one is easy enough to get to, once you know WHERE it is, you still need other people willing to tag along. If they do not have the same quest, they are less likely to show up. Make it worth the time for everyone.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 04-06-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeraldas View Post
    That probably makes me a minority voice as most of the peeps I see here are seasoned raiders and have voiced their boredom about non-challenging things.
    Your voice and opinion is just as valuable as ours. If this system is meant to cater to one specific type of player, then Gamigo should outright state that. Like, "there are so many PVP quests because this is for the PVPers" or someting. If it's meant to be for everyone, then there should be something for everyone. From the hardcore raiders to the ultra casual PVPers and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That's my main concern. So far, most of the ones I have recieved have been PVP stuff. I really do not have a problem with some PVP being in the mix. But when it feels like 90% of the effort has to be put into pvp to advance in this system, then it's not something for me. The NON-PVP missions I've had has either been autocompleted (no effort), do a minion mission (tiny effort), cast Soul Recall (tiny effort) or do 10 Instant Adventures (some PVE effort). In comparison, I've had multiple "win a match of x, y or z as *class*" , "complete PVP objectives" or "kill number of players". Those individually all take a much greater amount of PVP effort than all my PVE objectives combined.

Yes, a battle pass in other games may be inherently PVP, but I have no experience with those. I am familiar with Rift and this doesn't feel like an addition I can support. I like the reward system, that's like something I've seen in other games, but none of them requires a ton of PVP and a little bit of PVE. Usually the other way around.
    So.. you need 30 levels to get all the good stuff.
    thats 300,000 BPXP

If the battle pass lasts for 2 months then you would need around 5k BPXP each day (on average)
    If the battle pass lasts for 3 months then you would need around 3.3k BPXP each day (on average)
    Obviously completing a weekly here and there would help you massively too.

If you are willing to do every single quest that doesn't involve PVP, raid or dungeons then you would likely still make enough XP to complete it.

Obviously this would be easier for you to work out if we had a better understanding of how long the event will last!
    but from what i have seen on PTS so far, there is a good enough pool of open world quests to see you through.

also, you *should* be able to buy the battle pass at any point during the season and receive all the rewards you have earned from the levels you have completed so far..
    so if you get to week 2 or 3 and decide this is easy enough and you have plenty of XP incoming to let you finish it all in time, then you would have the option to buy the battle pass and get all your rewards.

the only approach I could see possible to making pvp inclusive to battle pass would be to base it on attending them not winning them, premades typically win, everyone else plays punching bag to them in a disorganized fashion that seldom succeeds disconected from communication premades typically mutually utilize in the way FPS players use it to coordinate

Addendum:

- you have to structure the quests into sections: Each day 1 1k XP quest , 2 2k XP quests and 3 3k XP quests with 1 2k and 3k XP quest being the Patron exclusive. Rolling 2 1k missions is kinda disappointing for one day.

-The achievement based pvp quests are a very bad idea unless you changed the tracking to be good for all playstyles. Like said getting killing blows under certain requirements are kinda toxic for dailies unless the amount is very very small.

-Instead of win warfront x you could use deal y dmg or z healing in warfront x a lot less frustrating for most players and you have not the issue of huge time investments for a win or afkers if you would allow completion via participation
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Addendum:

- you have to structure the quests into sections: Each day 1 1k XP quest , 2 2k XP quests and 3 3k XP quests with 1 2k and 3k XP quest being the Patron exclusive. Rolling 2 1k missions is kinda disappointing for one day.

-The achievement based pvp quests are a very bad idea unless you changed the tracking to be good for all playstyles. Like said getting killing blows under certain requirements are kinda toxic for dailies unless the amount is very very small.

-Instead of win warfront x you could use deal y dmg or z healing in warfront x a lot less frustrating for most players and you have not the issue of huge time investments for a win or afkers if you would allow completion via participation
    thats why i suggested participation which is still dangerous for creating disinterested PvE player attendance toxicity

I personally have gone through many matches of warfronts and not had a single killing blow when only one guy will get each one, meanwhile seen the WF leader get 20 of them

Additional rewards:

A box with high tier(1-2) relic fragments in best case one of each element and you can choose if you want a dps or tank box:
    Last edited by Soulshield; 04-07-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #57

Hey guys, here's some answer to some of the questions I got:

1) Is a season longer than a month? So you donít have to pay for the pass monthly?
    • The first season will last at least a couple months.

2) Patron Premium (purchased the pack and have active Patron status). What about people who had patron when they bought the pack but patron ran out when they earned the rewards or the other way around?
    • Patron will be required to claim the rewards. It is also retroactive within the same pass, ie: if you unlocked all the rewards and then purchased a Patron Pass or subscription, you can claim the previously unlocked patron rewards in that pass.
    3) Will it be the same random dailies/weeklies for everyone or are the quests individually distributed?
    • Individually distributed.

4) Can players drop quests they donít like and get new ones via NPC/system?
    • This is something being considered for future releases but will not be an option for Season 1.

5) When can we expect a full battle pass article with ingame screenshots of progress bars, BP UI, a few rewards, example quests?
    • Season 1 is available on PTS now.

6) So, with the loyalty mentioned in the Battle Pass could you add new tiers to Loyalty for those of us with points well beyond Silver which we were told were being backlogged for future tiers?
    • Additional tiers of loyalty could be possible in future updates.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    5) When can we expect a full battle pass article with ingame screenshots of progress bars, BP UI, a few rewards, example quests?
    • Season 1 is available on PTS now.
    It would still be nice to have an article about it, stating the intentions of the system, how it works, examples of what quests there are, screenshots of the rewards and so on and so forth. Not everyone comes to the PTS and not everyone reads these forums. If you make an in-depth article like most gaming companies does for new major features, and put that article in the launcher, more people will see it, more will read it and a lot more will actually understand it. But if you just settle for the announcement post saying "this new thing is available for testing" and then release it, most people will have no clue whatsoever about it. And then they won't care. And that is a problem!

I mentioned this in another thread, but it is worth repeating
    If you always comment on stuff and tell us about the plans AFTER it becomes a problem, you will always, always, ALWAYS be behind. You will NEVER be on top of things and NEVER be able to control the situation. Tell us about stuff like this IN ADVANCE and things will be less problematic. Sure, there will always be complaints about some changes, but at least we won't have to guess and assume the how and why of things if you just.... TELL US!

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #59

It would still be nice to have an article about it, stating the intentions of the system, how it works, examples of what quests there are, screenshots of the rewards and so on and so forth. Not everyone comes to the PTS and not everyone reads these forums. If you make an in-depth article like most gaming companies does for new major features, and put that article in the launcher, more people will see it, more will read it and a lot more will actually understand it. But if you just settle for the announcement post saying "this new thing is available for testing" and then release it, most people will have no clue whatsoever about it. And then they won't care. And that is a problem!

I mentioned this in another thread, but it is worth repeating
    Hi, you are right.^^

The CM team is currently working on more detailed information, we just wanted to provide quicker information in the meantime. Sorry about that.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #60

The following list is providing rewards that are planned so far:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast