+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass feedback

Telaran

I give up.

Spend it all into gamigos coffers to earn a reward that until now has been FREE at the END of every boss fight or quest ...

.. now apparently its all fine and dandy you have to pay to get a reward from doing a quest

speechless absolutely speechless

I think there should be a way to make this (and others like it) account wide through the mail or something similar to how you consume account/region wide mounts that then get mailed to all of your characters. I know salvatrix was working on a toy box feature for exactly this type of reason, but we don't know how far she got with it (if at all) or if it will be carried on in the future. Fluff should be similar to PA where it gets added to a buff list that you can then just drag to all of your characters/alts bars to use whenever you want.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

750 credits costs /$4.99 so 1500 credits will cost you /$9.99, you get 1500 credits if you buy the Battle Pass so you already have your money's worth back, everything else is 'free'

Fairly sure having to buy the costume pieces, helm and wings, and the fire mount would cost a lot more than 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

I think there should be a way to make this (and others like it) account wide through the mail or something similar to how you consume account/region wide mounts that then get mailed to all of your characters. I know salvatrix was working on a toy box feature for exactly this type of reason, but we don't know how far she got with it (if at all) or if it will be carried on in the future. Fluff should be similar to PA where it gets added to a buff list that you can then just drag to all of your characters/alts bars to use whenever you want.
    in my opinion every single element of the battle pass should be account wide.
    all rewards (that are not credits/affinity) should be posted to every character of your account.
    quests should be completeable by all characters, even cross region. If i pick up 25 burning artifacts on EU and then switch to NA and pick up another 25 then the quest for 50 should track that and complete.
    we have already been told that the final reward (the mount) will be account wide.
    so make all the fluff account wide.. along with all the quests and all the XP earned.

i really cant see how else this will work?
    A LOT of players play on both regions.. especially those of us who have stuck with the game and had no new content for the past year.

if i pick up 25 burning artifacts on EU and then switch to NA.. what will I see on my quests?
    has this been thought about or tested at all?
    if i complete a dungeon and earn my XP on EU.. will i then be able to log NA and complete another dungeon for that same XP?
    Will the system know that i already did that quest today?

we need more information about how this will work

The rewards, especially some tiers like T9, have to be improved, but are okay compared to the price. The activities however are horribly designed and I think it's wasted potential. Quests like 'kill 50 critters' are completely boring and don't really engage players to play together nor offers fun. Class-locked quest in A MMORPG are stupid. Retro raids are kinda cool, but without proper LFR forced mentoring I suppose you can be easily carried.

The UI looks good and I think the system has potential, but please polish it before release and make it actually fun.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    The rewards, especially some tiers like T9, have to be improved, but are okay compared to the price. The activities however are horribly designed and I think it's wasted potential. Quests like 'kill 50 critters' are completely boring and don't really engage players to play together nor offers fun. Class-locked quest in A MMORPG are stupid. Retro raids are kinda cool, but without proper LFR forced mentoring I suppose you can be easily carried.

The UI looks good and I think the system has potential, but please polish it before release and make it actually fun.
    My concerns exactly.

Too much limiting of "Calling/Thing X and do Something A B C"
    --BC

Default Personal Feedback

Skip the stuff that may already be discussed here.

Time investment/quest design:
    Battlepass should obviously give players the incentive to play the game/stay online for a while.
    I assume that the standard 5 dailies should sum up to maybe a total of 1h gameplay.

For that reason we need to know how the pvp dailies will work:
    -Are they only granted if you have a max lv char of that class?
    -Will they be limited in the amount per day because I draw 4 pvp quests now twice in a row.

If the first answer is no then I hope you have introduced AIs for low lv pvp to fill your own and the enemy time after a certain waiting time otherwise these are impossible tasks to complete without complety throwing the work/duty at the players to organize these groups.

The second question is aimed at the time investment to win 3 different warfronts it takes time: if you lucky you win all 3 in a row and are done in 30min or you have to spent up 3h hoping to get that one win you need. You have to do the work of a weekly in the time of a day because of bad luck. In addition to that forcing people into pvp is not a popular playstyle.

Also I want to talk about this specific Karthan Ridge quest: I guess it's a copy&paste from the the achievement for that warfront and so it will be only counted if a player does the killing blow or other said I have over 100 KR matches and still not have killed 15 players near these things. May want to remove that quest.

Next thing the design:

-There is a nice variety of quests outside of the pvp ones but it looks like they are complety random and making "group" quests like doing ZEs and old raids kinda hard if players dont share a certain pool of these.

-XP/time looks kinda random at the moment for example the 10IAs compared to other tasks is not that much faster but only awards one third of XP and I got the feeling so far that the 1k mission is your "freebie" then it would make much more sense to do 3 to 5 IAs for the quick BP XP.

Rewards:

- The quests itself should also give a small reward because the non premium rewards are not that enticing tbh

Other rewards for high tier f2p BP:

Premium rewards:

- The premium rewards have a fair price but instead of putting Affinity into the tiers, it would be nice to get accountwide versions of some of mounts which can be bought for Affinity.

Other feedback:

- Make sure everything is accountwide from the rewards. For example picking up the artifact on a wrong character could screw you up for the whole BP(CS workload may intensify).

-May put in a Shuffe option(some free rolls and some paid with currency x):

I go now back to my graveyard :eggplant:
    Last edited by Soulshield; 04-05-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

I want to make it clear: don't like PvP, nor the class specific "quests". (This is not the way to promote it. There is glaring imbalance in classes made all the more obvious in warfronts. Try fixing that before shoving PvP in our faces.)

The rewards are the cheapest service level items, oh, what a surprise... won't get me to subscribe to patron in a million years, nor purchase the BP. Give us something worth the time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post

The rewards are the cheapest service level items, oh, what a surprise... won't get me to subscribe to patron in a million years, nor purchase the BP. Give us something worth the time and effort.
    I can only assume you didn't see the premium mount, premium cosmetic wings, never-before-seen cosmetic effects, and like $10 in credits
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 04-05-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Default Choices

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    Nope.. you can continue to play the game without paying a penny, you just wont get rewards. this is NOT pay to play.
    It IS pay to have increased rewards form the Battle Pass.. maybe you should google Battle Passes and realise that this is pretty much the status quo with a battle pass system.. which many MANY people enjoy.

Yes that is correct, the two are vastly different and THANK GOD FOR THAT!
    The battle pass system engages players, increases activity and rewards people for playing.
    Simply logging on, buying a mount from the store and then logging off again is not even close to being entertaining engaging content.

You are welcome to do those quests without paying a penny.
    If you want some extra fluff then feel free to pay the small amount they are asking (and it is a seriously small amount compared to if you were buy each of the items directly)
    Pay to Win is all about increased power at end game by HAVING to spend money, most peeps would agree that if that same power is available in game for free but you just gotta farm for it then that is still not pay to win...
    Please do let us know how the gorgeous fire wings are going to increase your DPS?
    That mount may get you to your raid entrance in style, but once inside, your power will be the same as any free to play player who has put time and effort in.. so please do shush.

ok.. imma spell it out for you.. cos you've obviously not learned from the past 8 years or so...
    EVEN IF EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME PAID PATRON SUB IT WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH INCOME TO PAY TO KEEP THE GAME RUNNING AND KEEP CONTENT COMING.
    Patron is an entirely different cash item.. we should be pleased that patrons get a little extra and leave it at that.
    Patron already has its set rewards and bonuses.
    Everything else is EXTRA and should be paid for as such.

I completely 100% agree with Caduto on this. No one has to buy the Battle Pass, there is a free version with different rewards. It is by no means a pay to play or pay to win and believe me, as a raider if I thought it was I would have a whole lot more to say about that. That being said I also agree with Holy Roller and others that there should be different rewards more suitable to our needs and wants AND I 100% Disagree with being forced to PVP as a PVE player for 8 years or vice versa , there should be a choice , either pvp or pve for the dailies offered. Also, to expect us to play a specific class?? I have one if not two of every class at level 70. BUT, that being said, I have a main that is my preferred class to play that I am better at, to force me to play another class just does not feel right.Also, some players, in fact a number of players in my own guild only have one or two classes, they do not have multiple classes available to them to play . Choices~ should be the bottom line. My friends, we have choices here, To buy Battle Pass or Not... the more important issue I feel is the one many have addressed here and that is the rewards we receive for our time and money invested.
    Do not let the world change your smile. Let your smile change the world

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarah View Post
    That being said I also agree with Holy Roller and others that there should be different rewards more suitable to our needs and wants AND I 100% Disagree with being forced to PVP as a PVE player for 8 years or vice versa , there should be a choice , either pvp or pve for the dailies offered. Also, to expect us to play a specific class?? I have one if not two of every class at level 70. BUT, that being said, I have a main that is my preferred class to play that I am better at, to force me to play another class just does not feel right.
    Agreed. Especially when some classes aren't as powerful as they once were and the other imbalance issues.
    Last edited by Sails; 04-05-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42

Based on player feedback we are making the following Battle Pass Adjustments:
    • Daily Mission count is being reduced to 4 for free player and 6 for patron players.
    • Class specific PvP quests are being removed for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    • Class specific PvP quests are being removed for the time being.
    For the time being....?

It should be painfully obvious that having class specifics is a bad idea AND not very popular among the playerbase. It should be permanent.

Also, as the Battle Pass was not marketed as a PVP-focused feature, will the removal of those quests be replaced with PVE stuff or the same quests without class restrictions? While I do not mind having to do warfronts, making PVP be 90% of the dailies is going to make me not want to participate.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 04-05-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Also, as the Battle Pass was not marketed as a PVP-focused feature, will the removal of those quests be replaced with PVE stuff or the same quests without class restrictions?\
    The quests will still require you to win a WF, but it just won't require you to win it on a specific class so PvP dailies will be around in general. Battle pass wasn't inherently advertised as either or to be fair. Most battle passes have generally spawned for PvP oriented games to begin with so it's a bit weird to have one in an MMO, but it'll be interesting to see how well it does and to at least have something to do.

I do think that pvp dailies should be limited to 2 or so though rather than rolling the chance to have all of them be pvp.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The quests will still require you to win a WF, but it just won't require you to win it on a specific class so PvP dailies will be around in general.
    To subject the playerbase to PvP on a daily basis is down right malicious intent given the state of class balance. I bet it would feel like PTSD for some players who didn't main those overpowered classes. All I can predict is players QQing daily and tons of resurrected old threads asking for classes to get nerfed.. which if they do nerf those classes they will get bad feedback from that end. I'm a bit curious how the Gamigo Dev will handle the problem. Trion Dev just abandoned/ignored it and in some cases after receiving massive vitriol from both sides decided to tell players to go play other games like Archeage, and Defiance for PvP which was possibly the best idea since those were more PvP driven games. This game feels like it is PvP driven with Defiant vs. Guardian but keeping up with a revolving door type of balance proved too difficult even with a fully staffed Dev department. I can't see how they can make it even tolerable for the current players who have accept for the most part that PvP is something that Rift Devs could never do right(and for many people feel they chose to do wrong on purpose.)
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-06-2019 at 01:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast