+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass feedback

Plane Touched

Would like to see premium dimension items

I guess it wont change anything now, but I would liketo see in the rewards a new minion card, a pet and maybe some dimension items.
    Its a shame to get so many useless potions and charges instead of cool fluff items

Plane Touched

I think everyone who don't bother doing cosmetics , dimension , artifact collection etc won't find it interesting. Like it was said there is too much useless item for the current state of the game like all the vials.
    Also being forced to play some class for some content isn't that great , lot's of player don't have time gearing the 5 class so they won't be able to do some dailies and weeklies, like the warfront ones.
    Still nothing for us raiders i still hope something will come.

For those complaining about paying for content, you're not being forced into this by any means. It's completely optional so I don't see that as a valid complaint in and of itself. There are other things that need to be addressed though.

Rewards

Looking into it deeper as I'm typing this out, it just feels like having a second calendar that's bloated with a lot of junk to be honest. The calendar rework and addressing some of those items should have been done first. There's an entire thread you could've looked at while discussing what to add to battle pass: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-feedback.html

I understand wanting to make the world fill more alive and give people a reason to log on, but I'm not so sure this well sell as well as we all (from players and devs perspectives) want it to. It sounded like Roughraptors version was a more simplistic and less bloated version of this. I'd like to see what his iteration looked like.

Prestige Vials - Replace these with Token vials. Even if you had/have plans to bring prestige ranks back and make them relevant again, they're completely useless right now.

LockBoxes - While they were going to and had taken steps away from lockboxes (selling mounts for direct purchase on the store) it was always assumed that they would keep them around in some capacity as it was still a/the main reward for the weekly patron box, but it hasn't been changed in 2 years. Maybe give patrons a secondary mount box like thee calendar and in turn add that box to the battle pass. It's going to difficult enough getting unique mounts from the box because of duplicates and how they're named so it would be a better alternative in my personal opinion.

Celestial Matrixes - Add some in.

Quests

PvP/PvE Quest Separation - Don't force either type of player into doing either. Give the option in the future of "either or": http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-feedback.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ttle-pass.html

Class specific PvP - Eps had mentioned that they could look into making it so that only people who purchased primalist would get the primalist specific quest, but that for this first season, the class specific pvp is going to stick around. In the future, please get rid of it.

Please, limit the amount of PvP quests (until you decide to split them into pvp or pve) you can get at once.

/wrists

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Things I don't want.

Lockboxes at all. Those always end up an no win. The RNG never works in my favor. Crafter's reset thing. I never need those. Prestige Vials. I'm not leveling anything to need rank.

Things I want. XP added back to crafting. Old Raids paying what they used to.
    Last edited by Sails; 04-04-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

I like the idea in general of a goal-oriented battle pass. Something to spend time on for rewards.

1. Please don't make us play a specific class. Some people don't like certain classes and some are bad at them. Just like me playing a primalist - Worst prima NA Confirmed :P

2. Please always allow choices between PVP and PVE. I think both the pve and pve types of players will welcome this. They can choose what they want to do and therefore not suffer going in and losing 20 PVP games in a row because all the people who only pvp will form premades and just crush the other teams. Also, the pvp people might not want to go do something like Tyrant's forge - Crucia. They just want to get Killing Blows! So make this either/or type of content. People have been asking this about Rift for years and years and it was never granted, but it is much better to have options/choices, imo. Thx
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

Please, limit the amount of PvP quests (until you decide to split them into pvp or pve) you can get at once.

I would like to second this idea. I think PvP quests are good. I think they need to be mixed with PvE quests. Ensuring that we won't end up with 5 PvP quests for a day would help a lot. As it looks to exist right now, it is entirely likely that you could get 5 PvP quests for your dailies.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    There are other quests you can complete with no class requirement. But the BEST THING (hint hint Gamigo) would be to not require a specific class at all.
    its a cash grab attempt to make players buy the primallist, they still don't see to want to take my advice seriously to add more fluff like all the mounts that have been offered in the past at reasonable prices, the wardrobe not available to buy yet, all the rare drop pet skins and more un released pet skins etc.

Telaran

It is DEFINITELY PAY TO PLAY no matter how you excuse it.

You cannot compare this to buying a fluffy ducky off the cash store as this is completing in game QUESTS to get your shiny toy not a mere cash store purchase. The two are vastly different.

The gazilion moaning threads here about pay to win over the smallest thing have now all be forgotten because they lured you in with a QUEST... well a quest is in game content it should never cost you money to perform to get a better reward as that is PAY TO WIN.

As Patrons paying hard earned money we should get the better reward and FTP gets lesser rewards would be the simple solution and the pass costs nothing.

EG: so they now charge us $2 to run an SPE with the option of better rewards if you pay the $2....sounds familiar doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post

You cannot compare this to buying a fluffy ducky off the cash store as this is completing in game QUESTS to get your shiny toy not a mere cash store purchase. The two are vastly different.

The gazilion moaning threads here about pay to win over the smallest thing have now all be forgotten because they lured you in with a QUEST... well a quest is in game content it should never cost you money to perform to get a better reward as that is PAY TO WIN.

As Patrons paying hard earned money we should get the better reward and FTP gets lesser rewards would be the simple solution and the pass costs nothing.

EG: so they now charge us $2 to run an SPE with the option of better rewards if you pay the $2....sounds familiar doesn't it
    for the first time in dictionary history someone nailed it on the head, in fact paying for better rewards that have any affect on development and progression is in and of its very nature the definition of pay to win, I have been skeptical of Gamigo's ability to dodge this nature I have seen in all of their other games and they if staying the course will discover that Rift players will abandone ship faster than the titanic to this very existence of gameplay

You cannot compare this to buying a fluffy ducky off the cash store as this is completing in game QUESTS to get your shiny toy not a mere cash store purchase. The two are vastly different
    You're not paying to play that content. That content is always there whether you buy the pass or not. You're paying to access rewards and a mount (which is typically worth more than the pass itsself) that you earn by doing those activities. It'd be different if the objectives were brand new activities, dungeons, raids ect. that they were adding in just for the battle pass, but that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    for the first time in dictionary history someone nailed it on the head, in fact paying for better rewards that have any affect on development and progression is in and of its very nature the definition of pay to win
    To add onto what I said above, you're getting service items and fluff. You get slightly more credits than if you were to buy a REX, but you're also getting a lot more on top of it if fluff and mounts float your boat. You're not getting any sort of gear at all or anything that would even help you get gear. The only caviette to that would possibly be essences from raid Rifts as running farm groups requires charges in a single day, but that's only if you decided to do that many in a day in the first place. You're not required to farm essences that way and the amount of RNG prevents a lot of people from getting appropriate BIS essences to begin with. A separate issue of course.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 04-04-2019 at 01:54 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Ia this just a late April Fools joke? Please tell me this is just a bad April Fools joke.

Just about every other reply i've read here addresses my own concerns.
    --BC

Nope.. you can continue to play the game without paying a penny, you just wont get rewards. this is NOT pay to play.
    It IS pay to have increased rewards form the Battle Pass.. maybe you should google Battle Passes and realise that this is pretty much the status quo with a battle pass system.. which many MANY people enjoy.

Yes that is correct, the two are vastly different and THANK GOD FOR THAT!
    The battle pass system engages players, increases activity and rewards people for playing.
    Simply logging on, buying a mount from the store and then logging off again is not even close to being entertaining engaging content.

You are welcome to do those quests without paying a penny.
    If you want some extra fluff then feel free to pay the small amount they are asking (and it is a seriously small amount compared to if you were buy each of the items directly)
    Pay to Win is all about increased power at end game by HAVING to spend money, most peeps would agree that if that same power is available in game for free but you just gotta farm for it then that is still not pay to win...
    Please do let us know how the gorgeous fire wings are going to increase your DPS?
    That mount may get you to your raid entrance in style, but once inside, your power will be the same as any free to play player who has put time and effort in.. so please do shush.

ok.. imma spell it out for you.. cos you've obviously not learned from the past 8 years or so...
    EVEN IF EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME PAID PATRON SUB IT WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH INCOME TO PAY TO KEEP THE GAME RUNNING AND KEEP CONTENT COMING.
    Patron is an entirely different cash item.. we should be pleased that patrons get a little extra and leave it at that.
    Patron already has its set rewards and bonuses.
    Everything else is EXTRA and should be paid for as such.

Its a cash grab not p2w. The stuff you'll get won't advance your character.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

Just to nail it down a bit more for you :P
    All the content in the game will remain FREE to you (which means no cost)
    The only thing thats costing you is the fluff items in the Battle Pass
    you can still progress in the Battle Pass without forking over a single dime
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast