• 1 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By Madarablackgetsuga
  • 1 Post By Seshatar

Thread: Forcing people to play a certain class for battle pass

Default Forcing people to play a certain class for battle pass

no

I do not want to play primalist.
    I bought the soul and levelled to 70. I don't like it!

PVP is in a bad enough state as it is without forcing people who cannot (or do not want to) play a certain class in there!
    This is a bad idea for so many reasons...
    I will let some more players add their reasons below

A point I've brought up several times now, including on Discord. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-feedback.html

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

to keep it short, do not force us to play classes that we don't enjoy and/or have, putting Primalist into that mix will lock people out through a paywall, and forcing classes just won't end well.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Soulwalker

Having 2 of the daily quests locked behind a class quest on an account wide quest is a really really bad idea. in a 5 day period you are looking at losing easily 8-10 quests which is an easy 2-3 lvls. PVP is bad enough these days, trying to force people to play it and not even with their main class? Seems like a really really bad idea to me, maybe change it to only winning instead of as a certain class.

I agree really bad idea.

I agree, I don't enjoy to play alts. I am okay with playing all kinds of content, but please with my main.

Also if you can have a quest like this with Primalist still locked it's also the worst attempt ever to squeeze even more money out of players by giving them impossible tasks with the battle pass unless they buy something else. What's the next daily quest, 'consume a REX'?
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Eps mentioned on discord earlier that they're discussing or that he would look into possibly only tagging people who have primalist with those specific primalist quests.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

DO NOT add class requirements whatsoever. As a returning player, I don't even have primalist leveled, thou I'm black tier loyalty, have the class and run patron 100% of the time.

If you are aiming at returning players, you really should, then do not add any similar restrictions to them.

PvP will just cause more disgruntle players. There is a reason why it is basically dead now. Trion Devs targeted nerfed specific classes and even on live stream while being farmed out as a mage one dev was telling people literally that this is what they WANT you to do because someone has to die! Basically, they put some classes at a severe handicap just to please their biggest population of players or their favorites themselves. If you don't believe me check the live stream with the mage who plays with a joystick! "Someone has to die." They basically created PvP to be a form of developer sanctioned griefing in the end. Take a look at some of the broken itemization threads, and some of the OP class threads that have been around since 2017. It was barely tolerable in Rift 1.0 because itemization didn't class lock you like it does in PoA. There was a time back then when you would see nearly full raids and premades of one class fighting each other in PvP because they were so OP they either one shot you or they were so immortal no one died. It made no sense to play PvP with any of the underpowered classes. Not to mention certain players just don't like PvP and they will just AFK or hope they get an autowin match.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-04-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Eps mentioned on discord earlier that they're discussing or that he would look into possibly only tagging people who have primalist with those specific primalist quests.
    Shame this is still very very silly idea that needs to be laid to rest. I wouldn't buy it for this reason.

I own a primalist, of course most of us do, we've been here long enough. Did I lvl it? No. Do I enjoy it? No.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-04-2019 at 04:58 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Primalist is that bad ?
    I was considering buying it sometime in the near future to level up a different class, as i have all the other classes leveled up

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    Primalist is that bad ?
    I was considering buying it sometime in the near future to level up a different class, as i have all the other classes leveled up
    It's not bad at all, but the mechanic behind it doesn't appeal to everyone.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Just to make it clear to everyone..

Class Specific PVP quests are being removed from the battle pass for this season.

+ Reply to Thread