+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Expert Dungeon the Enclave of Ahnket

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default New Expert Dungeon the Enclave of Ahnket

Four new bosses are in place and their mechanics are ready to be tested. We are aware that the tuning of damage and health values still needs work, but we will be doing adjustments to these values as feedback comes in. Many of the boss mechanics have placeholder VFX, so we will be updating PTS again when as the VFX are completed. Loot tables for the instance have not been configured as of this update, so items that are dropped will be altered before the instance goes live. We wanted to get this up on PTS to get feedback about the new mechanics and the feel of the dungeon, also to help find those pesky bugs that managed to sneak into the instance.
    So grab some friends, copy your characters over to PTS, test out the new bosses and their achievements out, and submit your feedback.

Update:
    Taking advantage of a pts crash to deploy a new build to the server. The new build has several fixes for issues with bosses 2, 3, and 4.
    Last edited by Avathar; 02-25-2019 at 07:33 PM.

I'm excited to at least have something new to test, but while I'm waiting for the update to go out and to copy my character ovver, I do want to give some feedback in regard to effort and reward.

You had mentioned on discord that it's indeed intended to be expert level, but towards to the top end which I assume means that it will at least be as difficult as Rhaza’de Canyons. I think it's safe to also assume that most of us don't want to see a repeat of Rhaza’de and that disaster / wasted effort on the development side that it turned out to be. It's fine to give challenging content at any level, but it absolutely needs to be rewarding even if it's not necessarily through gear.

Rhaza’de Canyons had promised to reward players with T1 equivalent gear to help people catch up in raid content to play with their friends/guilds. The stats were there, but the hit was not which defeated that whole purpose and caused people to simply drop the que as soon as they entered. This happened to the point where the debuff was taken out completely so if people got the instance they could instantly reque.

Potential Gear Slot Loot
    There's a few important slots that I do think should have some decent drops from this new dungeon based on the intended difficulty.

Cape - A nice alternative to the one from TDNM first boss. I would hope that you'll move away from suffixed loot, but time will tell.

1 hander (Warrior) - This is more of a balancing issue as Duel Wielding attacks were supposed to be normalized in NT, but the current Riftblade requires you to have 2 1handers for proper performance which you don't get from your eternals. The only alternative is the TDNM 1h, but the RNG drop rate makes that difficult.

Ranged Weapon - This needs to be addressed in any potential T3 as well. Crafted gear should not ever be BIS. It should get you somewhat closer, but more so as catch up. There needs to be something equivalent or better from any future T3 and adding something to the table from this new dungeon would be a good step in that direction. Granted something closer to T1 and or 2 to help people catch up. The amount of matrixes you have to farm and or buy is beyond ridiculous. Not to mention the amount of planarite you're forced into farming.

2 hander - Something equivalent to the eternal levels without the buff/proc on it.

Shield- Much like the 2h mentioned above. Warriors and clerics don't get access to the sword and board until the second to last stage so it would be nice to have something decent to use until then.

Alternative / Extra Rewards
    I wouldn't mind seeing some fluff rewards drop from not just this, but future dungeons as well. Similar to how Prime dungeons can drop wardrobe bundles and mounts.

Mounts - Throw in a rare drop for a unique mount.

Wardrobe Bundle - A new or existing unique wardrobe bundle that you can't normally get at any given time.

Crowns/Halos - Similar to the crowns you get from frogifacts (carnival), Laethys (ID artifacts) and completing all of the achievements in nightmare coast. Even some eye glows would be nice which you can't get really outside of the special shiny shenanigans event.

I'll be sure to post more feedback for mechanics and bugs once I can get in there with some others.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

It's nice to see new content coming. We are already pretty far into the expansion and many people are already far beyond expert level gear, so the balance and rewards for this are going to be interesting. In my opinion the normal 'Expert' queue is very unrewarding in this expansion and the existing Experts are way to easy due to Eternals and the huge stat increases from gear. It's a general thing that should be reworked. Maybe work with multiple difficulty and reward tiers to make it appealing to most players, otherwise it'll just be a waste.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Talking

*downloading pts*

Amazing. Love the news. Good way to get the team into code, mechanics n stuff i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I'm excited to at least have something new to test,[...]
    Can just aggree on what holy brought up so far.

->Simply give it a button at the entry where you drop dungeon stuff on normal - and adding rare wardrobe etc on hm (T2) ?

Don't force us to stand and listen to old dialogue, thanks :P
    If you make it too long people will requeue it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    We are already pretty far into the expansion and many people are already far beyond expert level gear, so the balance and rewards for this are going to be interesting. In my opinion the normal 'Expert' queue is very unrewarding in this expansion and the existing Experts are way to easy due to Eternals and the huge stat increases from gear.[...]
    Certain specs can solorun the actual SPE's in a competitive time which is not the worst thing to do but defenitly not as intendet.
    Last edited by Shas; 02-25-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    Hierosolyma@Zaviel Azuren@Zaviel Syenn@Zaviel

Any chance of openning the right side frags with the addition of new content when it goes from PTS to Live?

I'll echo the sentiments that a dungeon isn't very useful this long into an expansion.

I don't suppose you could tune it to a 10 man LFR or T2.5 type of raid could you?
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Razorfyst View Post
    Any chance of openning the right side frags with the addition of new content when it goes from PTS to Live?
    Those were never intended to be extra slots for fragments. They copied over the gear UI to save time instead of making a new one which was supposed to eventually be replaced, but it never happened. Fragments as a whole (based on their last response to questions about them) are up in the air as they're unsure what they want to do with them going forward so even if they had considered adding even more at any point in time, it's likely not going to ever happen.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Make Fragments drop from events with final stats and youre g2g opening the right side making it a socket spot without being a plat grave - such as the essences.

Being viable or not this simple dungeon could easily mean the future of rift atm.There are alot of expectations regarding quality resting on it. If people feel mistreated by reused Models at this state, it's rip.

Guess we'll run that spe with as few people as possible for testing.

As for future raid gear: please think about droping synnegy crystals with ability based boni. This makes the statgap less important and brings a new and rewarding aspect to minmaxing gear and specs to the game. Furthermore you may can implement a upgrade system making use of the bos gear. that way you don't make the old stuff obsolete in an instance. Look for lvl 50/ 60 crafting where you addet those small bits to a reciept changing final name and stats. (Relict cape)

Please also think about making the actual warr eternal mechanic a mastery (instead of Steady Strikes for example) and the actual eternal a thing you have to stack up while remaining infight (like Dangers of the Deep from warden) Something like: one stack 12k, total 3 stacks, stacks on attack with an internal cd of 5+ secs while losing one stack every 10 seconds when not refreshed.
    Mages in compariason have to actively make it running infight aswell.

pros:
    +reworking that bonus distribution may easily fix all the bugs around warr eternal
    +less Icy Burst spam
    +Proper builds and rotation without bis p2w chanter

So when playing Chanter you may pick a 64 mastery having a better power regain with a minor bonus. But as Rift Blade, Paragon or Tempest you pick Ethereal Strikes. With that stacking eternal you may not simply spam the crap out after starving prefight but think about your cd sync a little more.

Clerics may get a mastery to pick one free Legendary - this directly buffs Shaman, Inquisitor and Justicar which are the specs to compete with other classes. Also leg Crushing blow may add a new level of rotation bringing Shaman away from the onebuttons

I brought up the Eternal/ Mastery topic because i am tormented by the feeling your SPE is duo / soloable on Riftblade

kind regards
    Last edited by Shas; 02-25-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    Hierosolyma@Zaviel Azuren@Zaviel Syenn@Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    We wanted to get this up on PTS to get feedback about the new mechanics and the feel of the dungeon
    As the others have said, it is good to finally get something NEW. However, I do have a question....

What is the point of this dungeon?

Most people don't need or want to run dungeons at this point and adding one more will not really make a difference. Is it to increase the pool of available experts by 25%? Is it to tell a new story? Is it to drop new and better gear? Or is it "just because"?

If there's going to be new and better gear in this dungeon, will it cover all slots or just the special ones, like Holy mentioned, and a few other hard-to-get items? If not, then I ask again

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I don't think it's the right move to open right side of fragments , it will further boost our stats , which are already way too high for the content we got. (imagine a tank getting another 250k hp , where we already have way too much hp)

Ability based cristals could be a good idea , but that mean even more different spec, more balancing around those , so more work to the team , and i prefer having a proper class balancing before another items that could broke the game.

Also , warrior eternal proc , as well as all the other legendary weapons proc should just go away from the game , it's bad for balancing , for builds diversity. Nothing should become a mastery , and warrior shouldn't be able to spam like a ****** all his abilities , i prefer by a large margin the old warrior system , where it wasn't based around auto attack and energy starvation.

Another legendary for only 1 class wouldn't be fair , since all spec would want to have 1 legendary too , you can't give such a great advantage to 1 class and not the others. Again , a proper class balancing could fix the cleric.

Just wanted to answer with my own feeling about this , but i don't think the dungeon thread is a great place to speak about futur change, maybe the team will open a thread about what we expect for futur balance change etc , but here is more for feedback about the new dungeon ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Maybe it could be that the new team need to "practice" the old rift code , and starting with a dungeon that don't require a lot of complex mecanics , 10 man strats etc... So they can get use to it and don't struggle another year for a good raid.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 02-25-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Im not playing the game a few months now but im prettty happy for the new content. Though i dont know if a new expert is gonna help the bored playerbase. Maybe if its raid difficultt expert? P
    Anyway looking forward to more new content this year. A new zone would make me comeback for sure

Quick feedback from 2ish hour stream

First boss:
    Wisps can be tweaked a bit to cast bomb either on death or at an earlier time, Reavers or anyone with cleave will constantly kill the adds on accident and make the fight either take forever, or kill the raid

Second Boss:
    Boss can be buffed overall, and the portal mechanic can be buffed to include a punishment for failing this mechanic, otherwise this mechanic can be ignored and burned

Third Boss:
    Too bugged right now to even test thoroughly, skipping

Fourth Boss:
    This fight is interesting but can be ALOT clearer with the portals, they need to be killed but 0 idea how we got them even damageable, otherwise the fight is fun.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Salasohcarv (Boss 1)
    - As maddy pointed out already, make the wisps explode maybe at 20-25% instead of the 10-12% they currently explode at.

- There needs to be a more clear indication of where/what the stomp actually is as I'm still unsure what causes it and it seems to be a one shot when it does happen.

Allajax (Boss 2)
    It's difficult to gauge this boss at the moment since the main mechanic didn't work, but if it's supposed to be similar or the same as Drekanoth of Fate then I would suggest making 1 random person only able to see the portal and they have to go in and kill whatever is in there while the rest of the group keeps burning the boss. Make him take reduced damage until the portal person is done. Perhaps this may be too difficult for people, but just a suggestion for a little more challenge.

Frezhak (Boss 3)
    We were unable to test it due to its mechanics not properly working.

Alu'Mar (Boss 4)
    There's potential, but again we were mostly unable to to test it completely as some of the mechanics weren't properly working. It's not quite clear how the various colored bubbles/adds were supposed to work once the boss goes immune.

I just want to make sure as it wasn't quite clear, but are the mobs that spawn on 4th boss intended to be texture this way? Only a few of them were spawning like this and there didn't seem to be any particular reason that we could see as to why they would be different from the rest that spawn.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 02-25-2019 at 07:18 PM.

General of Telara

The return of the master mode would be cool. So a normal version for the average player and a master mode version with a demanding level of difficulty which may have the >75th percentile as its target group.

Telaran

Am i the only one with a version mismatch problem?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast