+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Expert Dungeon the Enclave of Ahnket

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrikdawin View Post
    Am i the only one with a version mismatch problem?
    I have the same problem.

Update: Changed the client to 32 bit (Glyph > Settings > General) and can now log in.
    Last edited by Bamul; 02-26-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Telaran

First boss feedback after 2hour of testing :

- I feel like whisp need to have more hp , cause the dps stop will be rough with 5 man group , sometime (as a duo group 1 tank heal and 1 dd) , dots was able to bring them at 0% from 20% and prevent them from exploding.

- The stun/imprison mecanics is fine , just like irotp one , maybe we need to test it with a full group to see if they don't die too quickly , also if a physician is imprison he don't die at all the debuff just go off and he is fine. However others spec i tried (rogue dps specs , prima dps specs and cleric dps specs) got one shotted like supposed. Maybe other heal don't get killed too , is it intended that healer survive , or not ?

- Boss damage isn't that high , can be easily sustain by a tank/heal during the whole fight , only stomp and cleave spell one shot dps if they are too close.

- Whisp damage is fine too , unless you let them stack a lot of dot's on you , as a solo tank i was able to tank 75 stack before dying.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 02-26-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I brought up the Eternal/ Mastery topic because i am tormented by the feeling your SPE is duo / soloable on Riftblade

//Keepor
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/386995400
    https://youtu.be/OncBeHeKGVs
    //

rip

Watching from the 'dl error 1008 bench'
    Last edited by Shas; 02-26-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    Hierosolyma@Zaviel Azuren@Zaviel Syenn@Zaviel

King of Slackers

Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Lightbulb

I wonder if there is a backstory/ theme behind the dungeon and it's bosses or only 4 arenas with something hitting you?

A couple initial ideas after seeing the bosses- to get away from the spanking

1) You may want to try yourself on a wall which breakes los @first boss and a slow moving tornado crossing the room

4) Have a strong feel the second boss needs a shtload of plants spawning around him. The model is one of Dr Perfidu's mutants. Those plants may spread very quick across the arena (like Regulos mid portal) and can only be removed with fire damage creating a small safe spot at best. When going towards a portal you may need to clear plants first or use a p2p.

3) Monster of the sea- what is your wisdom? - The skin dries and hardenes outside of the pond but also dries out the water ghosts. How about that? -still too ez. Only with enough stacks of hardened it can crush a stone slap. Phys resist outsite water- magic resist inside water.

4) Hey i am an architect king. I spawn smaller architect drones which are shaping stones into ritual obelisks. That Skyla in-and-out circle is getting ignored in dungeons ever since.
    Killing the spawned architects? Damage one you damage all. 2mil dps at one to prevent them from building. The previous two are joining into builing the next obelist with 4 ppl. So time it when you start hitting them since there will spawn more and with 8 active you kill them all at once. But you are close to 4 ritual obelisks overpowering the main boss giving it turn-away-mechanics, a 'purge-me' immune and a brutal laser@ threat target. so you either ignore the adds and fight him in stage 2 or you try to avoid it from happen. Having a dps meter gain on a final boss is satisfying (bob hm bahmi dmg bonus).
    Maybe you add a couple 'human slaves' forced to help constructing the obelistks. It's up to the palyers killing them to delay the process or go the 'true hero' way and take the extra effort to spare them.

Rift always had a couple amazing 'think twice' quests. Such as: Commit genocide stone field trolls, eat theyr brains and THEN try to understand theyr culture. What some people don't do for a little gold.
    Last edited by Shas; 02-26-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

Soulwalker

Boss 1:

Need more information on the mechanics. Is stomp just a random one shot? Make the wisps blow up on death, not the timer. Or their health needs to be boosted. Aoe is killing them before the dust bomb goes off. Feel this fight is a mixture of too many things trying to be done at once. The stone/imprison at the least needs to have the time extended, and why does it ignore things like Life insurance? It's fun to find ways around mechanics (teleport out of the prison, life insurance, intercede etc). But if you're going to ignore players abilities, what's the point?

Boss 2
    It's ok. Again some clarity on what's happening would help. And as someone else stated, if it's supposed to be like the Drekanoth of Fate, some penalty for ignoring the mechanic.

Boss 3
    Umm. Broken?

Didn't get to the 4th boss.

Couple of thoughts. The group I was with was in BOS gear and the dps checks and damage amounts were iffy. Anyone short of that is not going to be able to do this. Is that the intention? Perhaps a easy mode and hard mode? One drops decent gear the other ... meh. The player base is already dissipating. Returning or new players would have to get up to this gear level (where the current player base will be at). Getting enough people to get you geared up will be hopeless. And with things like the legendary weapons/gear requiring Irop, TD normal, etc, seems like a disincentive for alts, new players, returning players.

Happy you are doing something. And hope this is the right direction.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mold View Post
    Boss 1:

Need more information on the mechanics. Is stomp just a random one shot? Make the wisps blow up on death, not the timer. Or their health needs to be boosted. Aoe is killing them before the dust bomb goes off. Feel this fight is a mixture of too many things trying to be done at once. The stone/imprison at the least needs to have the time extended, and why does it ignore things like Life insurance? It's fun to find ways around mechanics (teleport out of the prison, life insurance, intercede etc). But if you're going to ignore players abilities, what's the point?
    I think that wasps are quite manageable - don't use any cleave specs on this boss and you ok - allow them to finish cast and you are ok. Stomp is also ok - be 10 meters away from boss and you ok. Don't know what to say about imprison in full group, Life insurance was working for us - but such approach does not look right for dung - Intercept was also "working", resulting 1.2m damage to tank .

Boss 3
    Umm. Broken?
    Something is broken, but you still can kill it - kill adds collect remains and use reactive - I don't understand mechanics there, but sometimes you can kill boss with using reactive. Not sure also if it make a difference if you keep boss in water or on land.

Didn't get to the 4th boss.
    It's trivial if you tank boss at location from keepro video.

Couple of thoughts. The group I was with was in BOS gear and the dps checks and damage amounts were iffy. Anyone short of that is not going to be able to do this. Is that the intention? Perhaps a easy mode and hard mode? One drops decent gear the other ... meh. The player base is already dissipating. Returning or new players would have to get up to this gear level (where the current player base will be at). Getting enough people to get you geared up will be hopeless. And with things like the legendary weapons/gear requiring Irop, TD normal, etc, seems like a disincentive for alts, new players, returning players.

Happy you are doing something. And hope this is the right direction.
    In current state it will be another rhaza - random groups and groups looking for fast runs will just skip it. Other than that dung is ok, but it is strange that we will have dung in current state of the game - releasing dung now looks like insult and could hurt more than help imho.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Other than that dung is ok, but it is strange that we will have dung in current state of the game - releasing dung now looks like insult and could hurt more than help imho.
    As i said before , i think it's good to have a dungeon now instead of a raid with lot's of bugs and another wave of people crying about dev team.
    At least , a dungeon is smaller , a bit less mecanics, that allow the team to practice and learn the old code rift is made of , and when they'll get it , we could have another raid without it having too many bugs/glitch...
    At least i see it that way.

Is stomp just a random one shot? Make the wisps blow up on death, not the timer. Or their health needs to be boosted. Aoe is killing them before the dust bomb goes off. Feel this fight is a mixture of too many things trying to be done at once. The stone/imprison at the least needs to have the time extended, and why does it ignore things like Life insurance? It's fun to find ways around mechanics (teleport out of the prison, life insurance, intercede etc). But if you're going to ignore players abilities, what's the point?
    - I think stomp is here to prevent stacking at melee range, cause when your dds are at around 10-15m+ , stomp can't hit them only the tank get hit , and it don't hit that much on him.
    - For the whisp , i would prefer a hp pool boost , and not blowing up on death , it will make the boss too easy.
    - And the stone thing currently seems to don't deal damage at all to healers (or at least ST healing spec) , which is a bug i think , and life insurrance can be used like Irotp , to prevent someone from dying to this , but the "beacon" don't have lot's of hp , with fast people switching in it , you can easily kill it in 5-6sec before it blow up. As primalist tank/dps i'm close to kill it myself in the given time. And not all of group will have a physician to prevent death, and you can't use archon teleport like irotp since you get stunned during the time you are inprison.

I only tried the 1st boss alone atm so can't really give feedback for the others boss.

King of Slackers

Soulghosts Copy 'n Pasta

1st boss expert:
    -Reduce health to 150 mio hp
    -reduce Stomp dmg by 70%
    -let wisp cast Dust Explosion on death(not included for mm)
    -reduce the RotP cage hp to 5 mio hp and maybe leave it non-lethal

Master mode(5min enrage):
    -increase hp to 330mio hp
    -reduce Stomp dmg by 55%
    -increase Wisp hp by 50%
    -Dust Explosion leaves a permanent 5% dmg increase buff on the boss
    -RotP cage hp increased to 15 mio hp and is lethal
    -Missed interrupt on Salt Shards should be deadly for tank if not using defensive cds

Notes: Best boss animations and concept(area control+target switching) of the instance.

2nd boss expert:
    - reduce health to 180 mio hp
    - reduce Lingering Touch dmg by 45%
    - emote pointing out who is gonna be the target of Smash(afaik it's a focus dmg on one person ability)
    - make Tenebrean Memories visible to all players after the player with the debuff enters the rift or only let dps get the debuff

-increase hp to 430 mio
    -increase Tenebrean Memories hp by 50%
    -killing Tenebrean Memories applies a non purgeable Lingering Touch buff(the nerfed version from expert) to boss

Notes: This boss looked kinda boring so making it a "dps/heal-check".
    3rd boss expert:
    -reduce health to 140 mio hp
    -reduce Vostigar elemental hp by 50%

-Aqua Jet applies a debuff with each tick increasing damage taken from Aqua Jet by 100%
    -make water super deadly(50%+ hp dmg per tick)

Notes: Hit seems buggy on this boss even with T2 gear you get misses on the adds and boss.
    HP numbers are based around killing 4 adds per cleanse.

4th boss expert:
    -reduce health to 180 mio hp
    -reduce portal health by 20%
    -reduce add health by 15%
    -killing Dominator portal should clear Simulation Link stacks and prevent them from reapplying
    Last edited by keepor; 03-04-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Youtube
    Twitch

King of Slackers

Default ....

-increase health to 400 mio hp
    -increase Tower Rend dmg by 400%
    - portal health link so it's a 126.8 mio hp burn phase

Notes: Portal mechanics and VFX looked kinda buggy(like persisting for a certain time even after death).
    Out ranging portal aggro range is possible in current fighting space.

-Soulghost
    Last edited by keepor; 03-04-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    Youtube
    Twitch

New Quest

Round 2 (3/8/2019)
    Spent just over 3 hours in there and did 2 runs. One with current (mostly full T2 on everyone) and one in the expert gear that drops from it.

Salasohcarv (Boss 1)
    - Wisps are much more manageable with the updated health pools so that they don't die instantly. The additional change of how many wisps you need for each shield is nice as well.

First shield - 1 Wisp
    Second Shield - 1 Wisp
    Third Shield - 2 Wisps
    Fourth Shield 3 Wisps

It should be doable in entry level gear as long as people are playing their classes correctly which is the same with any other expert.

Frezhak (Boss 3)
    Ice Crystals - Remove them as drops if possible and instead make it so that when 1 add is killed anyone near it when it dies will get the 1 reactive charge to throw down 1 ice platform. The crystals are hard to click when you're all all stacked on top of the boss + all of the adds. This should make the platform builder smoother.

Light Beams - Brighten these up a lot more or change it to a brighter shade so they're more clear. It's important to note that not everyone is able to see them. Sometimes everyone can, sometimes it's only one person. This needs to be fixed.

Any group that outgears it can simply just run through the water when the light beams appear and heal through it, but for most entry level groups it's better if the beams and crystals get changed / ironed out.

Alu'Mar (Boss 4)
    My only feedback from a tank PoV is to make it so adds can be managed properly. Allow them to be pulled/summoned as they will spawn spread out which may make it difficult for new tanks to pickup which may also depend on what class they are.

Gear
    I don't have screenshots of the other classes. Just the warrior stuff.

- The gear will have upgrade paths, but they're not in yet and no details were given.
    - There gear that drops are using pre-existing assets/skins, but there's going to be rare drops from the dungeon itself (lower drop rate from trash) that from the sound of it (nothing confirmed) will have new rare skins on them.

Drops
    Trash - Belt
    Boss 1 - Gloves/boots
    Boss 2 - Head/Shoulder
    Boss 3 - Legs/half weapons
    Boss 4 - Chest/rest of the weapons

New Runes
    Currently, new runes will drop already pre-slotted on the gear that drops. You would be allowed to take it off of the gear with a rune removal, but that was the first thing we flat out said no to. Avathar will be relaying feedback to the team that we personally (those of us that were there) feel it should either be individual drops or they should drop as recipes. If anyone else has any ideas as to how they should go about doing new runs then of course give more feedback. That was just from us.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Nive and detailed comparison holy, thanks.

I peronaly think there should rather be synnegy crystals with little mechanics on specific abilities which may be able to bring back medicore specs without a full rework. - instead of pumping ontop of everyone's stat pool.

-> Seeing cp runes for one handet weapons is a nice step making players not so dependent on Fragments- which is nice.

-> Cleric eternal totem anyone? :v
    Last edited by Shas; 03-08-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

My feedback based upon watching the latest testing stream and looking over the loot so far.

Gear from this dungeon is base ilvl 3000, adjusted up to 3100 for Purple/Epic gear. This puts the adjusted ilvl just below the upgraded version of the Vostigar Veteran's (VV) gear. For those unaware, VV gear starts at ilvl 2700 adjusted, costs 8k Captured Intel, and has randomized affixes upon purchase. VV gear upgrades to ilvl 3200 adjusted.

Note that T1 raid gear (intrepid: Rise of the Phoenix, and Normal Mode Tartaric Depths) starts at ilvl 3450 adjusted.

Personally, I don't mind the concept of runes dropping on gear, though I think recipes being dropped alongside it so there's another way to obtain them would be awesome and beneficial, and contribute to farming the dungeon.

As to the gear being ilvl 3100 adjusted, I think that's a bit TOO much honestly, for a 5-man dungeon. I think (my opinion, your design goals may differ) that 2600 may be more appropriate (thus adjusting it to 2700). This puts it at the same ilvl as Vostigar Veteran's gear you can purchase using Captured Intel.

I think that if gear is going to be ilvl 3100 or higher, WITH upgrade paths, then that quality of gear should drop from a Master Mode version of this dungeon. I think adding other underutilized slots in addition to a higher ilvl to allow the Master Mode verseion of dungeon to supplement T1 raiding would be ideal. Again, though, I understand that design goals may differ.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

I haven't tested the dungeon yet, but I would like to see the Expert version be on the same level of difficulty as the other Experts, with similar loot dropping. I don't think it's good to have a more much more difficult dungeon in the same queue.

On the other hand, I would then like to see a more difficult version of it either as 5-man Master mode or 10-man LFG raid, which then can drop loot somewhere around LFG quality.

On the rune topic, having BiS runes solely drop on gear from one specific dungeon and requiring a premium item to access them for other use would seem like a purposely toxic RNG+Grind+P2W all-in-one package. Either make the same/better runes available for Runecrafters (teachable, buyable (crafter marks) or drop recipe) or make them separate drops.

Kudos to the team for putting this dungeon up on PTS early, leaving room and time for this community feedback. I hope the end result will be a fun experience for the most RIFT players.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

As already stated new runes should be crafted. Dropped recipes okay, purchasable with crafting currencies preferred.

That said the thing that bothers me the most in Holyroller's screenshot of those runes is the combination of one handed and two handed runes into one.
    no, no and NO.
    Two handed runes need to be their own separate runes with double the stats of the one handed version otherwise you're short-handing mages, clerics, and primalists while warriors and rogues get an unfair stat advantage from them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast